PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Recon

Beeracuda211
03-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, went up to Castaic yesterday for a Recon session. Hardly anyone was out the wind was howling like 40mph... I drove up to the gate and the lady asked me if I was crazy... and I said " A little" lol I told her I was going to play in the wind with carpal tunnel in my wrists... and she cracked up at me.... anyways, the water is up again and it was spilling down to the lagoon.... going to be a good year for mr. stripey again.... T/O needs to plan the StriperFest..... KILL KILL KILL!!

On a positive note, talked to Bones on the way up and we are trying to mass together our annual Pirate Pillage.. not sure of the destination yet... to be announced.....

B/C

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/beeracuda211/upper.jpg

Fishbones
03-10-2010, 08:03 PM
thanks for the report.....did somebody say striper??? great pic too!!

Ray Lopez
03-10-2010, 09:00 PM
yea i think fishing on both lakes are gonna be great this year.

Ffejrobins30
03-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, the water level on both the upper lake and the lagoon is WAY up. The loggon is so full that it is spilling over the dam/under the bridge at Lake Hughes and into the wash. That's whole lotta water!

Fire Ball
03-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, the water level on both the upper lake and the lagoon is WAY up. The loggon is so full that it is spilling over the dam/under the bridge at Lake Hughes and into the wash. That's whole lotta water!

Ya, they filled the Goon up and are overflowing it so that the farm below can get some water down there. They have to do it because they made an agreement with all the farmers back when the lake was built because a lot of water that would normally go to them now goes into the lake. There is only like one farm left now and they started complaining, so Castaic has to let out the amount of water that they calculated from rain runoff, etc. for the farm below. A lot of this water is just going straight to the ocean and being wasted. We are really wasting a lot of valuable drinking water and a better means of getting water to the farm should be used. I learned this all from the cool lifeguard at the Lagoon when they first started letting water in. :Cool: I just thought everyone should know why they are overflowing it, haha.

Shock
03-11-2010, 08:38 AM
So did they end up letting you on? I had a buddy go up there yesterday and he said they wouldn't rent him a boat cuz of the wind.

I'll finally be up there Sunday!! 3 months of no fishing is not good for the soul..lol

See ya on the water!

lalo56
03-11-2010, 09:21 AM
So did they end up letting you on? I had a buddy go up there yesterday and he said they wouldn't rent him a boat cuz of the wind.

I'll finally be up there Sunday!! 3 months of no fishing is not good for the soul..lol

See ya on the water!

Yeah when its really windy they dont let people rent boats, i had that experience too.

fishinone
03-11-2010, 09:54 AM

See ya on the water!

3 Months!?

You'll have to be resuscitated.

They could Shock you.:LOL:

ToonaTangler
03-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the report, cant wait to get out there!

Shock
03-11-2010, 12:42 PM
3 Months!?

You'll have to be resuscitated.

They could Shock you.:LOL:

Yeah too much crap going on lately. Haven't been able to take the boat out since I got the motor fixed. The one time I was able to go I had a water line bust in my wall overnight. Im going Sunday wind, rain or shine...

CAPT'N
03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
The lake is required to let out as much water as flows in naturally from creeks. With the current rain the creeks are flowin, so, an equal # of cubic feet must be released into the lagoon.

That was straight from the lake management at an FOCL meeting.

Shock-I will be there with Fishyboy on Sunday as well.............

capt'n

Fire Ball
03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
The lake is required to let out as much water as flows in naturally from creeks. With the current rain the creeks are flowin, so, an equal # of cubic feet must be released into the lagoon.

That was straight from the lake management at an FOCL meeting.

Shock-I will be there with Fishyboy on Sunday as well.............

capt'n

Yes, basically what I said, just easier to understand than what I said, lol. I am probably going to be there Saturday and then Upper Lake on Sunday.

tpfishnfool
03-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Who let the Cuda out !!!!????? Lock up your daughters and call the Cops !!