PDA

View Full Version : eyes on lead heads

E.A.R.G.
03-10-2010, 02:28 PM
what do you guys say? does it make a difference? and if so, to what degree?

im trying to do some saltwater now, total noob actually

i see these eyed ones are alot more expensive. are they worth the buck?

thanks
you guys are all super in my books

BrandonFish
03-10-2010, 02:30 PM
You can just buy eyes for cheap and put them on your lead heads

E.A.R.G.
03-10-2010, 02:35 PM
i was thinking about doing that actually
i was googling arts and crafts eyes a second ago. not a manly thing to google actually.
back to googling beer and swords

BrandonFish
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Lol alot of places carry them sav on tackle is where i get mine

E.A.R.G.
03-10-2010, 03:07 PM
thanks thanks

YES i have another friend

but are the eyes more effective you think?

BrandonFish
03-10-2010, 03:40 PM
personaly i hardly have eyes on my lead heads when im fishing on the boats but have them in my gear but using painted lead heads works better then non painted for me instead of buying them painted for an extra few bucks I use finger nail polish when i paint the lead heads

calico killer kevin
03-10-2010, 05:28 PM
I honestly don't feel that painted lead heads are better at all than regular lead color, but I have had experienced quite a difference in eyes vs. no eyes. I now have eyes on all my lead heads and paint as well, but only for aesthetic reasons. I buy my eyes from ebay, something like 100 for $1.50 for flat, 3-D, holographic red eyes. I have used google eyes, but they tend to break easily.

BrandonFish
03-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Eh maybe its just me but i like the color i use for the lead head other people have different ways of fishing some like it some dont

murrieta angler
03-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Dont' forget Joannes and Micheals. They are arts and crafts stores. You would be surprised at the stuff they have there that you can actually use for alot of different things.
Robert

p.s. I use the leads with eyes.

Jaysuuun
03-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I think the eyes make a difference in clear water. Not so much in low light conditions. Painted heads are good if your need more color on your lure IMO. For example a chartreuse head if you want to add some color when fishing murky water or something. I usually try to match my head to my lure keeping the conditions in mind. :Cool:

JapanRon
03-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi EyeAmRealGhetto,

YES ...... especially the 3-D glass ones that one recessed in a drilled out dish in the leadhead. Eye should extend half way out of the sides of the head so as to change the sillouette of the head looked at end to end.

JapanRon

E.A.R.G.
03-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi EyeAmRealGhetto,

YES ...... especially the 3-D glass ones that one recessed in a drilled out dish in the leadhead. Eye should extend half way out of the sides of the head so as to change the sillouette of the head looked at end to end.

JapanRon

wow
is JRon said it, I guess I'm getting eyes.
Any good ebay links?
Thanks!