PDA

View Full Version : Boat prices at irvine during the week

scotsmaninusa
03-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi this is my first post ,but i read the forum most days .i fish with my buddy charles and now greg even though they cant fish worth a crap with me helping we manage to get our limits most days . We fish mostly on a thurs at irvine and occasionally corona we do not to bad at both places and i have to say the quality of fish at both places has gotten pretty good of late .when we where fishin at corona i noticed u can get a pontoon boat for $95 for the day and $45 from 11 30 so we took them up on the half day rental and at $15 each i thought a pretty good deal. So we are back fishing at irvine and we look over at the boat dock and there are hardly any boats out at $150 a day and $95 for a half day its not hard to see why . My piont is i dont know what the demand for boats at the weekend is but there sure aint much during the week so how about a price reduction during the week a boat rented out at whatever price is better than nothing so what does anybody else think

EL_CHIDO
03-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Sounds reasonable and a good business practice if I was the owner.

But I'm not the owner and don't know the costs of maintainance for each boat rented. Seems like they need to do a little basic financial analysis of the cost and benefits of renting those boats cheaper.

The boats look fairly older, so i don't doubt they've made up the purchase price already, now it's probably just fuel, maintenance, and a portion of staff time handling the rental.

My dos centavos...

Thisfool
03-10-2010, 05:51 PM
i wonderd this also im sure they could do it

dixoncider
03-10-2010, 05:56 PM
One thing is for sure...they don't make money tied up

Frenchy
03-10-2010, 07:22 PM
One thing is for sure...they don't make money tied up

took the words right outta my mouth better to make 1 dollar than not make anything like they do at the docks

Hitts0n
03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
And another simple thing they should announce...Food is not served on Tuesadys ! Bring your own food this day of fishing !

dixoncider
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Looks like they heard you on the boat rental prices. Weekday special now..