PDA

View Full Version : Pond by lake isabella

fishfinder
03-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Any-one ever fish this pond or have any info on it?

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 07:45 PM
pretty big pond if you ask me lol ive never been there looks like a great place to fish

cutbait
03-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Is that upstream of the south fork?

Your screen shot is tough to make out the relationship to the lake

Looks like private property to me

Mojave River Angler
03-10-2010, 08:01 AM
It is in a wildlife preserve.

I found this at a non official site.

SOUTH FORK WILDLIFE AREA

This riparian forested area is popular for watching wildlife and fishing. The speed limit here is 5 mph (no wake). Be aware of people enjoying the area in among the trees and travel at especially low speeds to protect the visitors and the wildlife.

flytyingreloader
03-10-2010, 11:22 AM
MRA/FishFinder--

I've seen that same text previously, and I believe it refers to the portion of Lake Isabella that is part of the South Fork Wildlife Area, and not specifically to the pond in your pictures. The pond is certainly interesting, I agree.

A web search on South Fork Wildlife Area shows the Area to be open for fishing, and a contact phone number at DFG/Fresno 559.243.4005.

flytyingreloader
03-14-2010, 10:07 PM
OK--I drove out to this site in person today, and the pond area is not only posted against all hunting--fishing--trapping--and camping, but permission needs to be obtained simply to enter the entire South Fork Wildlife Area. The perimeter is fenced off securely with 4-strand barbed wire/T-post, and the west edge of the area (accessed from Stine Cove at Lake Isabella) shows very recently installed barbed wire. Serial expletives ending in hard-K sounds deleted.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-15-2010, 12:39 AM
OK--I drove out to this site in person today, and the pond area is not only posted against all hunting--fishing--trapping--and camping, but permission needs to be obtained simply to enter the entire South Fork Wildlife Area. The perimeter is fenced off securely with 4-strand barbed wire/T-post, and the west edge of the area (accessed from Stine Cove at Lake Isabella) shows very recently installed barbed wire. Serial expletives ending in hard-K sounds deleted.

ninja it, bring back a wide open report...

flytyingreloader
03-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Ninja? ME?? You gots to be kidding......I'd be the world's oldest, lamest, most busted-down ninja in history. I hit the North Fork from 5 P.M. to dark, not a strike on anything--PanMarts, Kastmasters, nymphs, or dries. Stopped for pizza in Kernville, that might have been the best part of the trip. Hillsides are busting out in poppies and other flowers, my wife was enchanted by the colors. I might have enjoyed the flowers a bit more if the fish had cooperated, but that whole "fence off the wildlands" bit gave me a case of the a--.

Fishin Magician
03-26-2010, 10:46 PM
The pond you are refering to is part of Prince Ranch and it is a private pond. It has all the fish you think and more. It can be fished if you know the right people ;)