PDA

View Full Version : Duct has finally forgiven me

HaiTheMeister
03-09-2010, 01:37 PM
After many times getting skunked at the duct and I am sure some of you can relate :-), I even got close to beat the skunk last week when I had the fish in the reach but it somehow managed to shake off...probably rookie mistake.
I haven't caught a single striper this year yet and it's frustrating me. I wanted to land a striper before my trip out of state so I called up Khanh and off we went.
This time Bako is the destination.
it was raining here and there, wind picked up a bit
First spot...no flow but what the heck we started fishing
third cast for me.....slowly retrieving the KPN....hook up...oh yeah!!!!! I tried not to keep my hopes up until the fish is landed.
and it is...Whew....the skunk is off. Looks like the duct has finally forgiven me and awarded me with a small fish.
it's a small one so i didn't bother weighing it, probably 3 to 4 lbs.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=21061

We continued working hard but no love
We started working our way back and weather condition was unforgiving at this point cold, high wind and what appeared to be SLEET(????) pouring down from the sky.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=21062

We ended up going home with 1 small fish. It was a great night for me cuz i finally beat the skunk. whoo hoo!!!

Ray Lopez
03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
congrats for breaking your duct hymen!

It's a hard place to catch um. You did it!

I'm still waiting for my chance to slay some jailbirds from the duct 5 skunks so far

M@M
03-09-2010, 04:06 PM
VICTORY!!! .... Good for you!! ..... I know they do not come easy!! .....It's real easy to give up on the Duct..... But you didn't!......and putting up with that COLD WEATHER!!!!.. You are a true hunter.... More to come for you in the future!!.... Keep at it :Applause:....Looking forward to your next catch!:Big Grin:

DUCT=FRUSTRATION:Head Bang:.....Trust me I know the feeling, Mike

yolo
03-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Finally Hai. I bet it feels good. Nice going.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Congrats Hai, hopefully one of many many more to come...you've been paying your dues.

Nice work,
Gary

trail blazer
03-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Congrats to you my friend,,,,,,,,Before you know it you will be on one of those 10 fish nights,,,,,,,,YAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

yolo
03-12-2010, 08:06 PM
TB, sign me up for a 10 fish night or day. 8 is the most I ever managed.

HaiTheMeister
03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Thank you guys! It's tough catching these stripers but I am hooked.

TB, I'll be happy to catch 1 fish a night. LOL.

koifish
03-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Congrats Hai
how are you doing? I have not been up there for a while.

fishinone
03-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Congratulations.

A little success helps.

Somehow, if you believe you can catch fish, you do.

LuvThymetal
03-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Haha the first pic looks like there are stars around you, nice catch tho.