PDA

View Full Version : Guasti Late Report

BrandonFish
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
So ended out going to cucamonga guasti Friday only to see the whole lake was jam packed. walked around the lake finally found a spot for me and my buddy Bob. I started jigging around the lake went around 2 times but the fish were not hitting jigs tried Super Power Worms, Power Worms, mini jigs what ever i had i tried it no luck. Went back to our spot jigged a pink Super Power Worm and bam nailed a trout great fighter jumped a few times Wore him out then brought him in. The fishermen using bait were doing fine but us jigging people wernt doing so swell. so i started drop shotting Garlic Power Bait nad caught 4 more in no time. Bob ended up limiting out same time i did double hook up for limiting!! They were all around 1-2 pounds seen a couple 4 pounders caught. All in all ended up being a good day of fishing. Sorry no pics
This was my first started thread Thx For reading

Fishbones
03-08-2010, 07:35 PM
great job brandonfish....sounds like the super power worm broke the skunk....Nice!!!
that lake is always packed from what i hear..havnt had a chance to fish it yet...
your report was great minus the pics ...but for the first time...congrats and i look foward to reading more threads from you.....keep up the good work and slaying the trout...

catfish 17
03-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Cool, That's awesome.

BrandonFish
03-08-2010, 07:48 PM
great job brandonfish....sounds like the super power worm broke the skunk....Nice!!!
that lake is always packed from what i hear..havnt had a chance to fish it yet...
your report was great minus the pics ...but for the first time...congrats and i look foward to reading more threads from you.....keep up the good work and slaying the trout...

Was great to catch a trout on the Super Power Worm let alone being the only jig to produce a fish while jigging

BrandonFish
03-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Cool, That's awesome.
ThX it was a good day

Trout 1
03-08-2010, 09:14 PM
What is a "Super Power Worm"?????

Trout 1

jmp_fishinn
03-08-2010, 09:24 PM
nice man.
i was out there on friday too!
i came a bit late maybe around 12ish and it was way slow for me and friends on the jigs
until we found a color that worked(shad & blue/white). fished the front cove at the end of the day
and both me and my friend hooked up on some 4.5lbers(power worm).

Fishbones
03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
What is a "Super Power Worm"?????

Trout 1

check out the tip of the month..brandon tricked out his power worms with some fishbones bling.....

BrandonFish
03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
ahh i had my limit by 2ish so had to go i also tried blue and white maybe the trout wanted the jigs in the evening
hey you hooked up on some 4.5 pounders saweeeeet did you ever bring them in?????

Trout 1
03-08-2010, 11:07 PM
check out the tip of the month..brandon tricked out his power worms with some fishbones bling.....

Yea man those things look sick!

Trout 1

jmp_fishinn
03-08-2010, 11:36 PM
ahh i had my limit by 2ish so had to go i also tried blue and white maybe the trout wanted the jigs in the evening
hey you hooked up on some 4.5 pounders saweeeeet did you ever bring them in?????

yep! we both did. haha, it was pretty crazy!
theres forsure some big ones in there still!

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 10:25 AM
yea there are some nice 1's in there still Any one know if they stock the same fish from guasti's plant to glen helen?????

Swank909
03-09-2010, 11:01 AM
They do. They also have the same stock day, Prado too i think

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 11:26 AM
yea i thought they would have the same stock truck i think they said it was mt. Lassen trout last week

Swank909
03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
The stocks alternate between Mt. Lassen and Calaveras with random state stocks on tuesdays or wednesdays

fisherman from long beach
03-09-2010, 11:53 AM
a good lil report ,all you need is a lil camera and take some pics,and then we can check them feeesh out.wtg.

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 12:12 PM
The stocks alternate between Mt. Lassen and Calaveras with random state stocks on tuesdays or wednesdays

ive herd that was the first stocking from mt lassen in a while

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
a good lil report ,all you need is a lil camera and take some pics,and then we can check them feeesh out.wtg.

Thx hopefully this week i can take some pics

JimmisLine
03-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Nice report, Brandon. I'd like to see some Pics. Thnx again

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Thx
JimmisLine looks like your first post welcome to the board looking forward to reading some of your threads

Full_Stringer
03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Great job on the limit at Guasti BrandonFish. I was there for a couple of hours between 2-4pm on Saturday and Sunday and caught 3. Nothing jigging though, but I was able to snag all three on pink power worm also. I also need to start carrying a small camera on me, I keep telling myself to bring one and I keep forgetting.

TL's

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks
i couldn't get out sat or Sunday =((( a small Digi camera would be great i herd it was slow the whole weekend jigging pink power worm or or just letting it float???

Full_Stringer
03-09-2010, 08:51 PM
yea it was pretty slow. On Saturday it was dead cause of the weather but for some reason I have done well there when it rains. I was floating the pink worm with a green gulp egg and garlic scent. I thread the worm all the way through the hook and onto my line. Seems to work well there when it rains.

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 08:55 PM
why does it work well when it rains? my thoughts are for the hatchery trout they think they are being fed when they get the hand tossed food and the worms come out of the ground it seems to get em and a feeding frenzy
its just my thoughts what do you guys think?

Full_Stringer
03-09-2010, 09:20 PM
It's weird. On Saturday, I talked to a few people who were using nightcrawler and they caught nothing. Most, were caught on power bait. Other days, nightcrawler is crushing it. I am new to fishing. Only two seasons, but one thing I have learned is, when you bait and wait, there is a lot of luck involved. I mean, you are throwing a bait out there and "waiting" for a fish to take it. But, when you are jigging, you are hustling. You are actively searching out the fish and creating "reaction" bites. Now, that being said, I am brand new to jigging. Just done it my last two times out, and will continue to practice at it. I have yet to catch a fish using any "jigging" method, drop shot etc... It will come! But as for the reason of why rainy days are good for me, no clue. Would also like to hear theories.

Trout 1
03-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Well I agree with Brandofish thats my best guest also i think the trout think flies are hitting the water and they wake up lol. I also think they bite better on jigs and lures in the rain than bait and wait.

Trout 1

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 09:26 PM
lol we def. need to get out and fish together for the jigging as soon as you find your method of jigging as you said it will come! =D

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Well I agree with Brandofish thats my best guest also i think the trout think flies are hitting the water and they wake up lol. I also think they bite better on jigs and lures in the rain than bait and wait.

Trout 1

sure do unless your jigging your power bait my favorite method when jigging power bait is dropshoting works most of the time for me when the trout are on the PB bite

Trout 1
03-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Great job on the limit at Guasti BrandonFish. I was there for a couple of hours between 2-4pm on Saturday and Sunday and caught 3. Nothing jigging though, but I was able to snag all three on pink power worm also. I also need to start carrying a small camera on me, I keep telling myself to bring one and I keep forgetting.

TL's

Hey did i read correctly you "snagged" the three fish you caught?!?! Thats not fishing man :Rolls Eyes:

Trout 1
03-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Never tried it I will have to give it a shot.

Trout 1

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Maybe just Maybe he ment that in other purposes such as hooking them lol

Trout 1
03-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Maybe just Maybe he ment that in other purposes such as hooking them lol

Never thought of that lets see what he says

Trout 1

troutguy26
03-09-2010, 09:41 PM
is the water still dirty? last time i went it was nasty... thats usually why the jigs sucks there..id rather go to jess ranch or glen helen...

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 09:45 PM
the water is eh seen worse but I like glen helen alot more then guasti but guasti is a cool lake to get to if you have the time

jmp_fishinn
03-09-2010, 10:22 PM
is the water still dirty? last time i went it was nasty... thats usually why the jigs sucks there..id rather go to jess ranch or glen helen...

na, the water cleaned up pretty good than comparing to before!
haha.

Swank909
03-09-2010, 10:43 PM

Dont listen to troutguy26 he just hates Guasti lol.
The water was clearing up nicely for a bit but then it got cloudy again with the rain we've had lately. Jigging and dropshotting has been tough but scented baits are still working well

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 11:12 PM
probly just a bad exp. for troutguy26 im sure we all have had that

why do the trout bite better when it begains to rain? my thoughts are for the hatchery trout they think they are being fed when they get the hand tossed food and the worms come out of the ground it seems to get em in a feeding frenzy
its just my thoughts what do you guys think?

Full_Stringer
03-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Never thought of that lets see what he says

Trout 1

Yea, sorry for the bad terminology, I meant I was able to hook up on a few trout with pink worm.

Trout 1
03-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Yea, sorry for the bad terminology, I meant I was able to hook up on a few trout with pink worm.

Ohhhh ok thats good. Well good job on the trout and im sorry about that i really dislike ppl that snag fish it takes the fun out of it.....

Trout 1