PDA

View Full Version : slow at the lagoon this morning

captain skunked again
03-08-2010, 04:12 PM
got up early this morning to give the lagoon another shot... the water was at 55 degrees with little to no wind at about 7 am. Fished up and down the shore for a few hours with not one bite, got caught up on weeds quite a bit though...saw one smaller bass pulled near the rv camping but that was it all day. the wind started to pick up a little around 1030 am but nothing unbearable... its supposed to be a beautiful week weather wise, hopefully the bass turn on towards friday saturday

Fire Ball
03-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I was going to go today at like 5:00 pm, but I waited too long and I didn't want to be there at night alone. It can be pretty dangerous, lol. I might go tomorrow instead, but no later than 5:00 and then leave right when it gets dark.

Ray Lopez
03-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Bummer bro. Well at least ya tried. I was out there from 10am till 5pm i was trying out a new plastic that my buddy gave me. First cast produced a nice 2 pounder and then down a ways i ended up catching another 3 pounder on that same lure. Gonna have to shell out the bucks and buy these puppies. Seems somthing a bit different is what they are looking for. I also got hit 3 times.

Fishbones
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
keep at it ....they will show...

Fire Ball
03-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Bummer bro. Well at least ya tried. I was out there from 10am till 5pm i was trying out a new plastic that my buddy gave me. First cast produced a nice 2 pounder and then down a ways i ended up catching another 3 pounder on that same lure. Gonna have to shell out the bucks and buy these puppies. Seems somthing a bit different is what they are looking for. I also got hit 3 times.

Hand pours, ftw? I'm thinking they have seen too many oxblood Roboworms recently, lol. I'm gonna change it up when I go.

captain skunked again
03-08-2010, 08:39 PM
ya i wanna start tryin to pull out the spinners and crank baits but i think they are in pre spawn still??? i have been told that once the eggs are laid the females go back to deeper water and the males stick around to protect the nest... and that that would be the time to pull out the spinners???

Astrolux
03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I was going to go today at like 5:00 pm, but I waited too long and I didn't want to be there at night alone. It can be pretty dangerous, lol. I might go tomorrow instead, but no later than 5:00 and then leave right when it gets dark.

You waited too long or did mommy not feel like driving you???

addict
03-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Cold weather plus intense fishing pressure will definately shut the bit down . Its really to bad the place has turned into such a circus ,it used to be one of the best kept secrets but not now . Just because a couple of guys figured out how to shake a worm ,caught a couple of fish and wanted the world to see ,not realizing how important and special that lake really is ,or how important keeping things on the low so you dont ruin it for yourselves and others who have been fishing and keeping to theirselves for many many years .The cold front will leave but the damage done from the fishing pressure will continue to get worse .

Fire Ball
03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
You waited too long or did mommy not feel like driving you???

I was out getting gas for my car and then got some things at Walmart. By the time I got home, it was too late to go. Now go take your hate somewhere else.

Ray Lopez
03-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Cold weather plus intense fishing pressure will definately shut the bit down . Its really to bad the place has turned into such a circus ,it used to be one of the best kept secrets but not now . Just because a couple of guys figured out how to shake a worm ,caught a couple of fish and wanted the world to see ,not realizing how important and special that lake really is ,or how important keeping things on the low so you dont ruin it for yourselves and others who have been fishing and keeping to theirselves for many many years .The cold front will leave but the damage done from the fishing pressure will continue to get worse .
You must not of been fishing the lagoon for years and years. I have and that place gets hammered all the time every year for the last 15 or so years i have been fishing there. There is no secrets about the lagoon having some of the biggest fish in California and the world. There has been way less pressure on the lake then the last few years. With the trout guys gone it has cut the total fisherman down by at least half or more. The bass will come back to play once that water warms back up like it was a few weeks ago. The bite died due to the massive cold front and rain that kept pounding the lagoon in the last 2 weeks. Once that water hits 60 degrees that bass will come back to the shallows and be ready to play. There are still a few males swimming around in the shallows just the big girls are still holding deeper. Everyone likes to say that the pressure right now is making the bite die off. Well I've been there fishing when there were fisherman lining the whole east side of the lagoon all day and then all night too. I was still able to have 7 fish nights or better.

Damn goon boys stop being so negative, I'm staying positive about the fishing and i know this year is gonna be a great year for the lagoon. I keep catching fish. I have no reason to think fishing sucks because it's still been active for me. Fishing is all about confidence and it seems like all these "locals" are not very confident. Change it up boys and have some fun, stop being so damn emo about the lagoon lol.

phantomson9
03-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Good call Ray. I agree completely. The preasure is bad everywhere in Socal, but thats not always going to lead to less fish. Also the joy i get from fishing isnt only in catching the fish. Its enjoying the experience of seeing a buddy catch his first fish over 5 pounds and teaching others the things you know. And just good old fashion fun. Sometimes i feel like people get to defensive over there spots or things they think only they know. Chances are somewhere has fished there and used what you used but a lot of fishing is luck. Haha. Anyway i agree with what your saying it has died down recently which is good for us guys who keep going back. Ray hope to see you out there sometime.

addict
03-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Damn ray ,you have been fishing there for 15 years and only have a couple DDs .Why do people call you the lagoon master then ? i guess you can make yourself out to be what ever you want , or call fish you dont weight 19 s but anybody who claims to have caught one of the top 25 heaviest bass in the world doesnt want 50 other worm guys fishing next to him,or call 7 fish dink nights good fishing .Your a hero in your own mind and maybe a couple other rookies ,but your a newbie with alot to learn in my mind.

Ray Lopez
03-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Damn ray ,you have been fishing there for 15 years and only have a couple DDs .Why do people call you the lagoon master then ? i guess you can make yourself out to be what ever you want , or call fish you dont weight 19 s but anybody who claims to have caught one of the top 25 heaviest bass in the world doesnt want 50 other worm guys fishing next to him,or call 7 fish dink nights good fishing .Your a hero in your own mind and maybe a couple other rookies ,but your a newbie with alot to learn in my mind.
You my friend are a joke! While you all keep hating i'll keep catching fish. Now take that stick slowly out of your a** and get back to fishing.

bassguy
03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Hey Addict...

I have read several of your posts, seems you have the same passion for fishing as everyone on FNN. On March 20th, Ray has organized a little get together, you have been opinionated about how some share information about the Lagoon, and how they are perceived, come out and meet everyone, then make a judgement.

I have fished with Ray, and several of the others at the upcoming get together, you may change your opinion once you meet them. I respect he helps others catch fish at the Lagoon. He has caught quality fish, and has caught every species the Lagoon has to offer.

Also, if you have caught the volume of DD bass you state, I am open for a few tips. Come on out, its a good group of guys who get together, you may be surprised.

addict
03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Ya ,you will keep catching less and smaller fish then me ,glorifying every dink and bite you get . A joke I am not ,and believe me I fish plenty maybe your the one that should shut up and fish,and quit kidding yourself

addict
03-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey Bassguy ,thanks but no thanks.Im sure that many of the guys are stand up individuals ,but i would be adding fuel to the fire .just like you said im a passionate fishermen with a concern with the way info is over populating our tiny fishery . Helping others is a good thing ,but advertising for any and every JOEY to come pound our lake isnt.

CL SmooV
03-09-2010, 08:09 PM
the goon has had heavy pressure since the early eighties when i went. and whats this stuff i keep on hearing about folks gettin PO'd about people coming to "there" lake? like they own the water. lol, its too funny.

i just find it cowardice to attempt to bash individuals via the damn internet, all over the goon or any other body of water. everbody is passionate about fishing from what i see, but when things start to take off because dudes feel they have entitlement to a lake, its just plain foolish and pathetic.

if you have the skills patience and energy you can catch fish any where IMO. folks say that legg, sfd, peck, hell even kenneth hahn park has extreme fishing pressure yet ive caught legal size bass from these waters.

whats funny mr. addict is that here you are complaining about fishing pressure at the lake you think you own for some reason and pointing fingers at folks like you are skeet reese, yet i read some of your posts and you got SKUNKED @ DVL. who gets skunked at DVL dude? lol, i think your angler skills is what the real problem is and your frustrated, not folks producing fishing pressure at the goon. oh my bad, "YOUR" lake. hmmm.

maybe you outta come out to the goon get together and learn some things dude. gettin skunked at DVL tells me you need it.

the smoovster

p/s ill be at the goon this sunday to catch bass despite any type of fishing pressure. the goon belongs to anybody who fishes it legally. period.

addict
03-09-2010, 08:54 PM
First of all I never said I owned the lake ,second ,ya I got skunked at DVL ,I threw swim baits the whole day .Ive seen the quality of fish u catch and u have got to be kidding me trying to downgrade my angling skills .No it is not my lake but I dont believe you could teach me anything in any aspect of fishing.As for being cowardice theres not a bone in my body

CL SmooV
03-09-2010, 09:12 PM
well well well i see you took a look at my albums. one day maybe i will convert my better catches from my camera to my pc. maybe not. ive been catching big bass on artificials going back to when the A Team was still on tv. haa haa

in fact, maybe i will post my catches from dvl when i tossed nothin' but swimmys and cranks. i sure in the hell didnt get skunked when i chose the swim bait method to catch bassy.

addict, i am not tryin to start a back and forth with you dude, just remember this, watch what you say to people and how you say it. your postings on this thread has catergorized you as being lame with feminine features. real men always try to avoid this category. the real ones that is.

it really isnt all that serious to be targeting good folks like lopez who just want to see people win out on the water.

First of all I never said I owned the lake ,second ,ya I got skunked at DVL ,I threw swim baits the whole day .Ive seen the quality of fish u catch and u have got to be kidding me trying to downgrade my angling skills .No it is not my lake but I dont believe you could teach me anything in any aspect of fishing.As for being cowardice theres not a bone in my body

Ray Lopez
03-10-2010, 07:36 AM
the goon has had heavy pressure since the early eighties when i went. and whats this stuff i keep on hearing about folks gettin PO'd about people coming to "there" lake? like they own the water. lol, its too funny.

i just find it cowardice to attempt to bash individuals via the damn internet, all over the goon or any other body of water. everbody is passionate about fishing from what i see, but when things start to take off because dudes feel they have entitlement to a lake, its just plain foolish and pathetic.

if you have the skills patience and energy you can catch fish any where IMO. folks say that legg, sfd, peck, hell even kenneth hahn park has extreme fishing pressure yet ive caught legal size bass from these waters.

whats funny mr. addict is that here you are complaining about fishing pressure at the lake you think you own for some reason and pointing fingers at folks like you are skeet reese, yet i read some of your posts and you got SKUNKED @ DVL. who gets skunked at DVL dude? lol, i think your angler skills is what the real problem is and your frustrated, not folks producing fishing pressure at the goon. oh my bad, "YOUR" lake. hmmm.

maybe you outta come out to the goon get together and learn some things dude. gettin skunked at DVL tells me you need it.

the smoovster

p/s ill be at the goon this sunday to catch bass despite any type of fishing pressure. the goon belongs to anybody who fishes it legally. period.

Don't even bother addressing this guy anymore bro. People like this are not worth anyone's time. I even sent him a PM but he never addressed me over PM. Guys like addict are just here to cause drama and they feed off of it. I'll be out there both days this weekend since my fiancee is gonna be in SD with her mom. People get what i like to call Internet balls and say whatever they want over a fake name. People can see who i am on here, they know my name, shoot they even know when I'm gonna be fishing the lake. But yet i have not once ran into one person that has come to me as an adult and try to explain to me in person as to why they would like my reports off the web. At the lagoon i run into people all the time and typically we sit back chit chat on whats working at the lake and wish each other good luck and go about our days catching fish. I love trading info with others. Pretty much everyone i have helped at one time or another contacts me and tells me when they find something new that is slaying the fish. Helpful sharing of info from one angler to another. Plus sites like this create good friendships too. One of the first guys i helped on the lagoon is now my best friend and now I'm gonna be one of the groomsman at his wedding in April. So with every idiot that comes on here to hate there are 50 others that are stand up guys and gals. I miss the good ol' days on FNN when people were just here to read some awesome reports and to post up your own great reports or even crappy reports. Apparently this guy is a big fish hunter. Good for him i hope he has caught loads of DD LMB. I'm just a fisherman, i love to fish, i love every fish i catch and i even thank them before i throw them back or ask for big mama to pay a visit lol. If i end up catching a toad bass then right on it's another great picture to add to my album of fishing. This sport is all about going out having fun, catching fish, and making friends. It's sad to me when others don't see it that way. They take this sport waaaaaaaaaaay to serious. Also they think i post all my info online so people will like me lol. What a joke if they think everything i do gets posted online they are very wrong!! I give enough info to help others to maybe catch some fish. If you meet me on "MY" lake (lol) then you'll be treated like a good friend and I'll hook you up with whats working and my goal is to make sure you have a good time on the body of water that i call home. Addict is probably the guy who ignores everyone and wont tell you anything other then maybe he caught a fish or two. Like i have said before this year has been very low on people hitting the lake. I have not seen the lake this empty in a long time. So for these guys who are saying my reports are filling the lake up with fisherman makes me laugh. Most I've seen this year is maybe 30+ people fishing fishing throughout the day. That was on a weekend and all the spots that I've been fishing are almost always open at one point or another. Good for me that i move all day long i don't sit in one location and fish it all day everyday. Hence the reason i have yet to get skunked in the last 2 months or so. My detailed reports are being moved to another site that has no drama and is almost always about the lagoon or the upper lake. Sorry FNN but i just can't deal with these crying babies on here anymore. Once these jackoffs move on maybe I'll throw this site a bone every once in a while but as for now I'm not feeling it here anymore. So for now lets all focus on the meet-up on the 20th! Now lets get out there and slay some bass!!!!!!!!!!

Trout-Chaser
03-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Why is everyone getting so worked up on the boards lately? Why can't people be supportive and sportsmanlike? I've only been a member here since January and I have seen the hate level really ramped up. Seems to me some of the negative posters would do well to remember that we all have a stake in this fishing game and that no one has a monopoly on any aspect of it.

Lower your egos a few notches and try to get to know each other before you start slinging the crap around. Some of you posters sound as if you are talking about your 'hood' or 'turf' like some damned ghetto bums. This is supposed to be a fun sport not a gang war.

If you negative posters like the company here, why don't you go elsewhere? This isn't the WWF or a turf war. THIS IS FISHING! Posters like Ray and fishbones and bassguy and Fire Ball do a lot to support other fishermen here and the sport. They keep it real. I've seen way too many posts lately descent into adolescent pissing matches because of negative posters that seem to only want to stir things up.

I have three words for you: LIGHTEN UP GUYS!

pizz
03-10-2010, 09:23 AM
just from an observation standpoint...

FISH MORE, POST LESS.

its ridiculous the time wasted of thinking and typing on trying to get the last forum punch in.

Ray Lopez
03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
*last fourm punch* lol

i was out fishing already today hahaa

oscarbassman
03-10-2010, 05:02 PM
It is just their fishing confidence, looks like its really low.. Baddies will always be baddies.

add +3 to the fishing pressure, cause I'm going to start going to this lake a lot more often!

CL SmooV
03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
well said t chaser and pizz. and lopez youre right bro, ill leave it alone. see you dudes out at the goon on the 20th!