PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Repair?

GeordyBass
03-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Does anyone do Laptop/Computer Repair? I have a Toshiba Satellite A215 S5829 but the Screen is broken and Needs a connector inside replaced. If you do repairs on them, or know someone that does please Pm Me.

Thanks!

mybada
03-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Just buy a new one. It will probabley come out 2-300 to fix. Not worth to fix it.

Fire Ball
03-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Look online for a new screen and buy one. Then you can replace it yourself, it shouldn't be too hard. So you know what is wrong with it already or are you just assuming it is the connector?

GeordyBass
03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Look online for a new screen and buy one. Then you can replace it yourself, it shouldn't be too hard. So you know what is wrong with it already or are you just assuming it is the connector?it is missing for some damn reason.... I saw some pics of it online and it isn't there....the Female plug is missing and the ground and hot wires are there unhooked....

ttplt
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
My son just took his computer to a place in Burbank called The Geeksters. 818-306-3012...they were quite reasonable, nice, efficient and had it done when they said it would be done. They also fixed his X-Box when it had the red rings of death. www.theGEEKsters.com

MAVERICK27
03-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Just buy one of the Gateway desktops I have access to. $250 and twice the computer a satellite is :)

GeordyBass
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Just buy one of the Gateway desktops I have access to. $250 and twice the computer a satellite is :) Lol, I already have a Desktop:
http://us.msi.com/msiaio/specs/detailpage.aspx?id=16
:Envious:

I need this laptop ready for school use and travel too

Kevman
03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Here are some instructions on how to check out your laptop to make sure the screen is bad and not the rest of the hardware:

http://computershopper.com/laptops/howto/replace-your-laptop-screen

Once you open the bezel and get the exact part #, you can google it or look for it on ebay to find the cheapest price. Just like working on outboards, don't pay someone else to fix something you can fix yourself! ;)

Good Luck!
Kev

P.S. - If you buy the fuel pump for your Honda 8HP and adjust the carb to get it running perfect, you'll sell your tin boat a helluva lot quicker! Joe Schmoe doesn't want to have to fix a boat he just bought. Just a thought...

Kevman
03-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Here are some instructions on how to check out your laptop to make sure the screen is bad and not the rest of the hardware:

http://computershopper.com/laptops/howto/replace-your-laptop-screen

Once you open the bezel and get the exact part #, you can google it or look for it on ebay to find the cheapest price. Just like working on outboards, don't pay someone else to fix something you can fix yourself! ;)

Good Luck!
Kev

P.S. - If you buy the fuel pump for your Honda 8HP and adjust the carb to get it running perfect, you'll sell your tin boat a helluva lot quicker! Joe Schmoe doesn't want to have to fix a boat he just bought. Just a thought...