PDA

View Full Version : Slow fishing at the goon 3/6

Fishbones
03-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Headed up to the goon yesterday for a shot at some bass. I fished it for about 5 hours without a bite....
The weather was gray, wind medium with some sunshine and showers in and out of the day.
The fishing has gone back to slow mode ...hopefully the weather picks up and so will the bite.
I hit up all the anglers for a fish count as we crossed paths......it wasnt a good day for them either.
I did see a lagoon master tear it up for a while which was kinda nice cuz it took my mind off the skunk.
anyways thats fishing...sometimes you win some sometimes you dont....NEVER GIVE UP.....
fishbones

bassguy
03-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I guess thats why they call it fishing, not catching, I have been humbled by the Lagoon many of times. You have been hitting the Lagoon hard, with great success. Wish I lived closer, I would like join you guys out there for a slay session. Looking forward to meeting you on the 20th, keep it up, enjoy reading your reports.

Fishbones
03-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I guess thats why they call it fishing, not catching, I have been humbled by the Lagoon many of times. You have been hitting the Lagoon hard, with great success. Wish I lived closer, I would like join you guys out there for a slay session. Looking forward to meeting you on the 20th, keep it up, enjoy reading your reports.

exactly ....and i love fishing....the goon has its days and you just gotta be lucky and fish those days.
i drive aprox 45 miles one way to fish the goon and sometimes its only for a few hours....but i want to be there so i dont care..
theres something bout that place that keeps me comming back...
Lookin foward to meeting and fishing with you bro.....see ya on the 20th......fishbones

bassguy
03-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I have a similar drive, about 60 miles for me. Have thought about moving out that way, buy my drive to work would cause too much road rage.

You have it all the Lagoon, great fishing, nice and clean facility, definitely one of my favorite locations to tube.

On the 20th you tubing, fsihing from shore or a boat?

Hopefully we can get some sunshine before then, fishing should be good.

fisherman from long beach
03-07-2010, 07:34 PM
keep at it fb you'll zero in on them.

phantomson9
03-07-2010, 08:20 PM
FB sorry to hear you didnt catch anything out there. I was there too only wasnt there for too long cause of the tube accident ha ha. Hope to see you out there to 20th. I hope it picks up soon.

phantomson9
03-07-2010, 08:21 PM
FB sorry to hear you didnt catch anything out there. I was there too only wasnt there for too long cause of the tube accident ha ha. Hope to see you out there the 20th. I hope it picks up soon.

Fishbones
03-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I have a similar drive, about 60 miles for me. Have thought about moving out that way, buy my drive to work would cause too much road rage.

On the 20th you tubing, fsihing from shore or a boat?
Hopefully we can get some sunshine before then, fishing should be good.

hahahahahaha...i feel you....thats why i got steel tube bumpers....lol
i will be tubing it...

keep at it fb you'll zero in on them.

thanks johnny...i know there in there.....

FB sorry to hear you didnt catch anything out there. I was there too only wasnt there for too long cause of the tube accident ha ha. Hope to see you out there to 20th. I hope it picks up soon.

its cool...i dont mind putting time in....yaeh i will see you at the meet up on the 20th.....
bring a spare tube or some patches....lol

rockypointkid24
03-07-2010, 09:00 PM
never give UP

Fishbones
03-07-2010, 09:21 PM
never give UP

thats right rockypointkid.....not just with fishing but with life as well....

Socal Bassman
03-08-2010, 12:10 AM
You've been hitting that place pretty hard. From my experience fishing there I can honestly say, keep at it and the Goon will reward you. Looking forward to seeing you out there in a couple weeks. Maybe sooner if the weather... and the wife permits. LOL.

Ray Lopez
03-08-2010, 07:47 AM
exactly ....and i love fishing....the goon has its days and you just gotta be lucky and fish those days.
i drive aprox 45 miles one way to fish the goon and sometimes its only for a few hours....but i want to be there so i dont care..
theres something bout that place that keeps me comming back...
Lookin foward to meeting and fishing with you bro.....see ya on the 20th......fishbones
I know why you keep going.............DD'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss

keep fishing and they will come (at least thats i what i hear in my head all day everyday lol)

Fishbones
03-08-2010, 11:04 AM
You've been hitting that place pretty hard. From my experience fishing there I can honestly say, keep at it and the Goon will reward you. Looking forward to seeing you out there in a couple weeks. Maybe sooner if the weather... and the wife permits. LOL.

i know it will and even if i dont catch anything....i really enjoy that lake....but the DD'ssss are a bonus...hope to see you out there if the wife or weather permits...

I know why you keep going.............DD'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss

keep fishing and they will come (at least thats i what i hear in my head all day everyday lol)

i hear the same thing over and over in my head as well....thought about getting it checked but nahhh...im goin fishin...lol