PDA

View Full Version : calm before the storm oceanside Bassin 03/07/10

cjmedina
03-07-2010, 03:59 PM
so i went out yesterday on a half day boat out of oceanside. kind of a long but sweet story. went to the bait shop in the morning picketdup some hooks and 2oz eggs. get to helgrens about 930 boat leaves at 10.im excited that i can now keep rock fish. as im walking i notice that the normal boat i go on isnt in the dock, one of the guys that that there says i might as well go home since im the only one here and there is no one else coming. i take it as just talking out of his ***. i put my gear down and walk inside. the guy inside tells me the same thing but he say "your gonna be surprised and to hang out".
about 945 a rav 4 pulls up and a elderly man is helped out the truck i run over and help him with his fishing pole and box(he has a walker). i give him my seat and we chop it up. 10 comes by and now im thinking the boat its going out with just 2 people. just then a red bug pulls up and and older guy gets out. people from the landing come out and help him with a couple cases of beer and some other supplies. he exchanges some words with the elderly guy. he asks me to help the guy with his stuff on the boat i said what boat the sea trek is gone he say "Electra"now im thinking to my self WTF the boat is like twice the size and its only me and the old guy. i load his stuff and my gear another guy shows up around 1015. i pay my share (45.00) and now there is 3 of us 3 other guys are on the boat deck hand small kid (10) and i later find out the owner of the helgrens. im still thinking what the hell is going on here. we get some live bait i brought my frozen squid. we head out to the reef about 1 mile i think, water was super choppy and the current was dragging us all over the place. first fish on the boat is from the owner nice big fat sculpin. the boat is wide open im on one side the old man in in the front and the other guys is on the other side ( im thinking sweet i cant belive this is happening) i toss my line over and get hit but it rocks me. no problem now i know were the rock is. throw it again and tap tap it ends up being one of my 15 undersize calico by that-:Rolls Eyes: much. okay so im gonna wrap it up i ended up catching 15 calico bass 4 under size sand bass and my limit on legal sand bass biggest one being 22 inches 2 1/2 pounds, most were 1 1/2 pound range. i had a awesome day of fishing again at helgrens
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5395/cimg0007q.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/cimg0007q.jpg/)

Fishbones
03-07-2010, 04:57 PM
nice report.....must have been great to have the hole boat to yourselves....

Megsdad
03-07-2010, 10:43 PM
That is a great story, I wish s*** like that happened to me!! Great to have the boat to yourself, even better that you were on fish all day. Congrats!

Joe

ghetto dad
03-08-2010, 06:37 AM
NICE bass fishing! Thanks for the report

GD

JapanRon
03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi cjmedina,

Great report !! Thanks !! Private charters are great !!

JapanRon

murrieta angler
03-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Nice job out there Carlos,
Nice pictures and report.
I guess you made the right move heading over to Oceanside. The yellowtail bite is pretty much gone!
We will get out this year for sure, just a matter of time.
Take It Easy,
Robert

Newfishsmell
03-08-2010, 01:49 PM
" WOW " that doesn't happen very often , cool report .
And nice catch...