PDA

View Full Version : First time..

Tr1p0d
03-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Hey guys.. Long time no post..
Well I decided to fish the Bakersfield duct few nights ago to see if I can get into some action.. I fished with 2 of my buddies. We had hit many spots with no luck or flow until we hit our last spot of the night. The gates were up and we were getting few hits.. Finally my friend hooked one.. It was the smallest, skinniest, striper that I've ever seen out of the duct.. He released it. Few minutes later I hooked one.. It was about 22". We waited about 5 hours without catching anything and we finally found fish that wants to bite..
Along comes a group of people passing us by and going right inside the gate and fish.. ON TOP OF THE GATES... Casting over our lures and getting tangled up with ours.. I was thinking this is BS.. WTF are these morons doing.. I couldn't believe what was happening. I felt like I was on a local cattle boat.. Lines going everywhere.. This is the first time I ran into something like this in the Duct. Never in my 4 years fishing the Aqueduct that I had to deal with this kinda behavior..
I was for sure we were done. These fish are gone with all the activity and noise.. With our 3 lures and their 6 or 7 in we thought we were done for the night.. I ended up catching one more.. Little bigger then the first one. It was about 24". Skinny also but not as bad.
After awhile these guys left. Yes the spot was cooked.. We fished for another hour and nothing.. Oh well I guess that's how it goes.. I had to post my report because those guys were FNN's Finest.. You know what guys we "everyone I fish with" couldn't even think of doing that to other anglers.. I don't know why or what you guys were doing but it wasn't cool...

Fire Ball
03-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I absolutely hate people like that. One day I was fishing the Lagoon and some guys came over and started talking to us and we caught a couple fish so these guys were just casting over us and getting in the way and just taking the spot over. Complete morons. At least you caught two fish!

yolo
03-07-2010, 11:43 AM
That sucks man. It's illegal to fish from inside the fence and especially on top of the gates. Did they catch anything? At least you got some fish with all that havoc. Did they at least ask if you mind if they cast in there? Three of you plus another "group" showing up is really tight, lol. How big of a group? I have come up on bait fisherman tucked tight to gates but still outside the fence where it is legal. They usually throw down flow and just wait. If I want to cast into the water flowing out, I always ask them if they mind me making a few casts up flow and usually they say no problem and I go ahead and try it or they say no and I don't which is cool too. At least I ask them first. The other thing to do is to go on the other side so you are face to face and don't tangle by taking turns casting, which I think is fine too and fair. Casting down from the gate tops just takes out everyone's angles that are at a legal spot outside the fence. Last time I was out in Bako there were guys fishing tight to the end of the fence at a gate and we just walked to the other side so we were across from them. There always seems to be more fishing pressure up there. At least the few times I have gone.

MoonLightn
03-07-2010, 03:06 PM
That sucks J!
FNN's finest Aqueduct whores eh! I wonder who that was! :)
I've seen a lot of Pirates at the duct!! Once I was pirated in the same manor at the duct AND it was by a well known FNN member! (Hmm, I wonder if he was a part of the same parade...?) But for the most part it's the "field workers" that try that sort of thing around here!
At least they apologized every time they crossed you!! ;)

yolo
03-07-2010, 05:30 PM
They post on here? They should apologize if they are here? So did they get any fish or just Tr1p0d got 'em? I have not seen any other reports of duct catches so I am assuming not.

Fishbones
03-07-2010, 06:02 PM
nice job on the two stripers.....it takes skills to fish around NOOOBS thats for sure...

I absolutely hate people like that. One day I was fishing the Lagoon and some guys came over and started talking to us and we caught a couple fish so these guys were just casting over us and getting in the way and just taking the spot over. Complete morons. At least you caught two fish!

sorry about that FireBall....didnt mean to poach your spot......j/k.....lol

it wasnt me.......actually....we havnt fished together yet......

Fire Ball
03-07-2010, 06:24 PM
sorry about that FireBall....didnt mean to poach your spot......j/k.....lol

it wasnt me.......actually....we havnt fished together yet......

It was definitely you!! Jk! :ROFL:
There were three of them, all brothers. They were definite NOOBS. The oldest one denied the existence of smallies in the Upper Lake, lol. He said because they don't stock them and he read about what they stock in a book. Well, they don't stock any fish besides trout anymore, now do they?!?!? Not since when they filled the lake.. I hope this kid reads this, I really do, lol. I actually saw him again a month or two ago when I was taking my float tube out of the water. Good thing this noob didn't have a rod in his hand! He would have popped my tube or something on accident because he sucks at casting! Ok, maybe I have taken this too far, but I shall NEVER FORGET!! :ROFL: :ROFL:

Fishbones
03-07-2010, 06:33 PM
, but I shall NEVER FORGET!! :ROFL: :ROFL:

so your like a elephant......lol

Tr1p0d
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
It would have been cool if they fished below us rather then on top. I can't even think of being that rude to my fellow anglers. It just isn't right...

MoonLightn
03-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Damn J, I thought at least one of them would've said something by now!
I guess you was right....! PM me your address and I'll send you that $20 I owe you!

yolo
03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Maybe he can repay them tonight? Put on some 4 oz iron and start chucking :LOL:

trail blazer
03-11-2010, 03:01 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! What a SLAM!!
1st of all let me oppologise right here and now if you were offended in any way by myself or the group that i was with that night,,SORRY!!.

That being said i will add the rest of the story,,,,,,,,,You forgot to mention that big guy that was fishing DOWN STREAM and casting AWAY from your zones,,,,THAT WAS ME,,TRAIL BLAZER,,,,,,,,,,,,You know,,,the one who tried more then once to share a few kind words with you guys but was only greeted back with stares and not a single hello or how you doing.

Never once did i cast over you or affect your fishing zone!!!!!!!,,,,,ofcourse you left all that out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
CONGRATS on beating the skunk out there that night

NOW to MOONLIGHTINGS reply,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MOONLIGHTING,,,,,,Your out of your mind!!!!!!!!!!. That night i seen you out there i never fished your zone,,,,,,I went straight to the other side and fished THAT side while you TWEEKED on your birdnests the whole time i was there,,,I never touched your zone,,,,,,,

TR1POD ,,,,From me to you,,,SORRY
MOONLIGHTING,,,,SHUT UP!!,,,,,YOUR AN IDIOT

trail blazer
03-11-2010, 03:13 PM
LOL,,,,,,,,Just seen your 20$ comment moonlighting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RETARTED,,,,,,,,,You crack me up,,,,,,,

SEE YA AT THE DUCT

trail blazer
03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
BUMP,,,,bump

nismotech91
03-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Sucks about the spot jockers man...

Tr1p0d
03-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey Bro.. I wasn't here to slam anyone. Noticed that I didn't mention names? I was just letting you guys know that I didn't thing it was cool.. I was pissed but I'm over it...

MoonLightn
03-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Don't get your blood pressure up TB!
I never mentioned your name...! It's funny how you're so quick to assume it was you though!
...and you say, "I'm out of my mind!"

cutbait
03-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Moonlightn you have a history of this hate. I suggest you stay clear of our threads.

I would say I will stay clear of yours but with your 13 posts and No reports or activity in over a year except for this bait n wait you Tripod, and Yolo planned for this thread, I really don't have an opportunity.

Seems like you are just a POS lurker looking to start a load of crap

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?30452-The-duct-lc-s-flukes-oooyaaaa-3-8-09

Just like you said.

One day we will "meet eye to eye"

I hope its sooner rather than later

Damn TB, Guess your going to have to me PM your address so I can send you the 20 bucks now that both of these guys changed their tune.

yolo
03-12-2010, 06:53 AM
for this bait n wait you Tripod, and Yolo planned for this thread

I did not plan anything. Replied to a thread just like you did.
I have been in this situation, as I am sure many of us have, and said what's on my mind about it.
If you were one of the people up there on top of the gate while I was fishing at the end of the fence, I would be pissed too?

TB, you did the right thing by hitting the available spot down flow. That's the way it should be.

trail blazer
03-12-2010, 07:40 AM
TR!POD,,,,,YOLO,,,,,,,No hard feelings,,,,,,,,,But there isn,t any shame in my game up here in bako!!!.
MOONLIGHTING,,,,,,,,,,?????????????.Done been said,,,,,Dont go crawdad and start backing up now!!!

FNN,,,,,,Im sorry for the unpleasnt nature of this thread,,,,,IMMATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C,BAIT,,,,Lets go get some stripers

TRAIL BLAZER
P/S

Just for the record,,,,,,,,,i got skunked that night,,,sucked

Captain Castaic
03-12-2010, 10:02 AM
More FNN drama....easy guys ....I get tense just reading this thread..lol

C.C.

dalean08
03-12-2010, 01:15 PM
looks like its done and over with