PDA

View Full Version : Malibu quickie 3/6 rather nice!

bones
03-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Decided to get in a few before the storm and when I hit up a local spot at 6:30 the tide was still going down hill with dirty water everywhere. Did manage one short about 17" or so but the ocean looked real angry.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/lukesdad2008/march/DSC00163.jpg

Went and got some coffee and just chilled until 8:30 and to my amazement at low tide everything just calmed down and the sun actually poked out. I said what the hell and went back to the same spot but it was real sketchy to toss my LC in his area. Against my gut feeling I loaded up...made my pitch.....started my retrieve and boom......Stuck a huge boiler!!!
Damn I hate boiler fish!
She won the battle too so I lost my limited edition LC to poseidon!

After I calmed myself down a bit I decided to dropshot the same area because It has been good to me recently and wouldn't ya know it...... Third cast and I felt that telltail thump. Set the hook and a few moments later I had my fourth legal of the year on the rocks at 24".
Decided to call it a day after that due to the intermittent showers but it turned out to be a good day after losing a 20 dollar lure.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/lukesdad2008/march/DSC00164.jpg

Who knows....might hit it up in the AM if it doesn't rain too hard tonight.

JP
03-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Great report Bones. Way keep after it and come out on top. Good luck if you head out tomorrow.

CAPT'N
03-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Beautiful fish Mike.....................

JSAUCE818
03-06-2010, 05:55 PM
You killing me mike!...good job brotha. Still waiting for u to bring me out of retirement!..lol

DockRat
03-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Nice Doormats :Not Worthy:

Have you thought about getting a Halibut Doormat for your house ?

Mat is new, bristled, heavy duty vinyl with water drainage slots, and is available in black with gold highlights.

Detailed to resemble a Fluke (North Atlantic saltwater bottom fish).

Larger adult fluke fish are often referred to as Doormats; ergo the Fluke Doormat was born on Long Island, NY.

Doormat Fluke, Halibut, Summer Flounder, Lg. BROWN Mat

Item condition: New

Quantity: 4 available
Please enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less
Please enter a quantity of 1

Price: US $39.99 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now

Watch this item
Now watching in My eBay Now watching in My eBay
Shipping: $16.85US Postal Service Parcel

http://cgi.ebay.com/Doormat-Fluke-Halibut-Summer-Flounder-Lg-BROWN-Mat_W0QQitemZ260369132563QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item3c9f35ac13

DR

Fishbones
03-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Nice report bones......glad you got a legal butt for your efforts and lost LC...

fishshep
03-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Good to see Malibu/ local area, is producing for you !!!

seems like you got your A.O.'s down, beats that SB gas and time trip !!!
But does seem SB produces more results ?
See you on the sand .

murrieta angler
03-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Sweet Hali Bones,
Is that 5 for you this year?! You're tearing it up Bro.
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert

Native Gal
03-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Bones,
Congrats on yet another Legal for the year, glad to see S.W.A.T members keeping on their toes with constant outings. Can't wait to see what the future holds in store for you Gents, I think a 40"+ will be in the future I have confidence in you guys. Once Wingnut gets back from his Special Ops mission you guys are gonna put a major hurting on them Hali's. Keep up the good work and way to offer up the sacrifice of your limited edition LC to Poseidon, :Envious::Envious:.

NG
:Big Grin:

Wingnut
03-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey Mike, thanks for taking me to your hot spot today... I had a great time bringing in that PB Skunk fish. :LOL: You must "really" want me to catch up to you on the legal Flatties count. :Envious:

I told you where we should have gone today. I sent up the Predator Drone yesterday while I was at the Fred Hall Show. The reconnaissance video showed three of my "old" fishing buddies running accross PCH by that restaurant. We should have poached that spot for some nice WSB, Calicos and Flatties today, next time for sure! :Twisted:

Great to finally get back out there today. :Cool: Next weekend, I'm assembling the S.W.A.T. Crew for another tour of duty.

Oh yeah, by the way... thanks for catching me when I slipped & fell off the rocks, what a pal. :Big Smile:

Fishbones
03-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Great to finally get back out there today. :Cool:

Hey bones and Wingnut,
It was great to meet you guys today...kinda funny how we met......lol
you guys are really cool and i enjoyed talking and learning from you guys
thank you Wingnut for the L.C......yeah thats right...he gave me my first L.C....i was speachless...
you got sum hali karma comming for sure.
I wore the skunk hat today also.....hahahah...no big deal....like arnold says ...."ill be back"....never give up!!!.....fishbones

flyngby
03-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Mike,

Nice work getting yet another legal in your extended backyard! Running up the legal count there Buddy!

Hopefully next Sunday we will pull off a SWAT Reunion!!

Steve

saltman
03-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Mike,
Nice looking flatties ,it good to know that a local angler is out on the hunt in our back yard.
Keep on the hunt..
Saltman...

blackwater
03-07-2010, 11:42 PM
I sent up the Predator Drone yesterday while I was at the Fred Hall Show. The reconnaissance video showed three of my "old" fishing buddies running accross PCH by that restaurant. We should have poached that spot for some nice WSB, Calicos and Flatties today, next time for sure!

There's no hiding from the Wingnut eye in the sky. :Twisted:

Nice hali Mike, keep that lead with the legals, but we all know Arthur performs best under pressure. I have yet to get my first legal this year. Hopefully, we can all get together next Sunday.

jerryG
03-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Yet another legal in post/ pre storm conditions very well done my friend. Sorry to hear that the fish didn't show for you guys today. Glad to hear that you guys made it out though and even managed to run in to an FNN board member. Hope the weather and conditions are good for next weeks mission then maybe the fish will want to come out to play.

JerryG

jerryG
03-08-2010, 12:27 AM
There's no hiding from the Wingnut eye in the sky. :Twisted:

Nice hali Mike, keep that lead with the legals, but we all know Arthur performs best under pressure. I have yet to get my first legal this year. Hopefully, we can all get together next Sunday.

Hope you doing well BW. We are in the same boat my friend, I too have yet to get my first 2010 legal. I havn't fished the surf since that last time we were out due to the rain and high surf advisories which seem to be the norm every weekend so far for 2010. Hopefully we will get our first legal(s) next week. Mike is building a nice lead but he is still well with in reach. With any luck next Sunday will be a good weather (fishing) day.

JerryG

exfactor
03-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Nice job Mike! The north county didn't produce yesterday like it has been, although I feel a flattie frenzy is imminently approaching. When the stars align right, I'll be joining you on the braggin board. Arthur is spotting you a few so far, but don't forget to keep looking over your shoulder when he decides to turn on the carrot sticks. Stay wet brother.