PDA

View Full Version : castaic lake

dgfishin
03-06-2010, 10:05 AM
2hr drive from me,what would be the best time to go?(lagoon) I don't what 2 get :Skunk: thanks in advance.

Fishbones
03-06-2010, 10:10 AM
dawn or dusk seems to be holding the fish

klymons
03-06-2010, 10:35 AM
2hr drive from me,what would be the best time to go?(lagoon) I don't what 2 get :Skunk: thanks in advance.

The best time to hit the lagoon is the 12th of Never. It's definitely worth a two-hour drive if you like to make endless casts with no results. It seems like the only people who are successful there are the "locals" who fish there all the time. It's a heavily-pressured urban lake full of bass who have been caught way too many times and are too wary to be caught again. And with no trout plants lately, the bite promises to be even more non-existent. But if you are determined to waste gas, time and effort, the lagoon is your target destination.

Fire Ball
03-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Best times would definitely be sunrise or sunset, but I seem to catch fish throughout the day a lot of the time.

The best time to hit the lagoon is the 12th of Never. It's definitely worth a two-hour drive if you like to make endless casts with no results. It seems like the only people who are successful there are the "locals" who fish there all the time. It's a heavily-pressured urban lake full of bass who have been caught way too many times and are too wary to be caught again. And with no trout plants lately, the bite promises to be even more non-existent. But if you are determined to waste gas, time and effort, the lagoon is your target destination.

I can tell that you don't like the Lagoon! :ROFL:
Trout plants have not been effecting the bite, it is the weather. The patterns and everything change all the time and especially after storms. After a storm is the worst time to go, but you can still catch fish. It is true that locals catch more, but it doesn't mean that non-locals can't catch anything. You just need to put time in and also learn from others.

Ray Lopez
03-07-2010, 06:49 AM
AM has been the best bite so far. Also it is a 24 hour lake so you can come at night and fish it as long as you want. I've been catching mine pretty well in the middle of the night and in the am. The late bite has been good but not as good as the way early morning bite. Toss out d/s robo's in natural colors. But just like any other lake the locals always do better we just have more time on the water and know where to catch the fish. But i've seen many non locals come out and swing on some big bass.