PDA

View Full Version : Downey Wilderness Park 03/04/10 lunchtime

EL_CHIDO
03-04-2010, 04:07 PM
So this lake got stocked two weeks in a row according to schedule.

I hit it up at lunchtime for a quick hour session. No bites. About 10 ppl fishing and only saw 1 guy with a little stocker size.

Anyways, gonna try tomorrow again...maybe Belvedere Park at night.

EL_CHIDO
03-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Tried again today, got a nibble but no committment.

Found a dead one by the shore and another upside down but still breathing...I turned him around and he swam away safe.

Saw some fluffy baby ducks

EL_CHIDO
03-05-2010, 03:15 PM
pics for the day

aperez3523
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
What's up EL_CHIDO? Wilderness is a pretty cool little park, it's cool that you're able to hit it up during your lunch. Those lakes are so small I wonder how much actually gets stocked? Did you end up hitting up Belvedere? That park's only a few minutes from my house but I've never fished it. Good luck out there man!

Bradakas
03-05-2010, 05:58 PM
That place is fine if you fish 24 hours within the stocking. The most I've seen them stock was 15 scoops.

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 09:04 PM
stocking size is around 150 pounds average your best bet get there the day they stock or the next day or else all the anglers and birds end up scoopn em up the birds more then the anglers though damn those birds <.< i got puked on 1 day over their by a comrant half a talapia landed on my shoulder wtf >.> last year was a great fishing year at downey they put nice sized trout in there but this year your lucky enough to catch a 7 incher whats is up with that

DarkShadow
03-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Found another upside down but still breathing...I turned him around and he swam away safe.

Musta been sleeping.

i got puked on 1 day over their by a comrant half a talapia landed on my shoulder wtf

I think that is considered good luck.

BrandonFish
03-09-2010, 09:55 PM
thats asking for to much good luck rite there Lol