PDA

View Full Version : finally caught a fish today at the goon!!!

captain skunked again
03-04-2010, 03:56 PM
im fairly new to bass fishing i have stuck to trout and channel fish and sometimes bluegill. My buddies just recently turned me onto bass this year... We started goin out about 3 weeks ago seemed like every other morning. We would get up at the butt crack off dawn drive out to castaic from valencia park at the fire station and start our treck over to the lake. (we are cheap asses who dont wanna waste money on a parking pass) when we first started goin a few weeks ago we would walk to the far buoy line next to the spillway and throw on crankbaits swimbaits and spinners and nothin was bitin. We couldn figure out why? We started to get sloppy as we kept casting out and retrieving over and over and over again.

i mean really sloppy like gettin 15.00 lures stuck on rocks or in trees lol...but as you can see from the picks we dont leave a man behind lol...

after about 2 weeks of all three of us not catching a damn thing we ran into ray and rees and they showed us the godly wonders that the drop shot and oxblood robo worm could do. After we were taught whats up it was all smooth sailin from there my buddy matt pulled a good size bass out followed by my other buddy chad pullin two... but as for me, nothin just a big goose egg...

we were fishin the east shoreline all up and down and still nothing. i made it a personal mission to catch a fish and still nothing... i have gone out 4 times this week including today and got skunked every time.. But today i got to the lake at around 7:30 am i threw out a night crawler and let it sit for ***** and giggles than threw out the oxblood d/s and on the third cast got hammered i reeled it and caugth a nice little 1-2 pounder...

my girlfriend is gettin a little pissed that i keep wakin her up at 5 in the morning and wanted me back in bed today so i left at bout 10 only catchin that one today but hopefully my slump is over... lookin forward to seein you guys out there

oscarbassman
03-04-2010, 04:17 PM
awesome bass!!!

phantomson9
03-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Great job man. I know how frustrating the Lagoon can be...im still having a hell of a time. Keep it up man. Maybe ill see you out there soon.

Fire Ball
03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
That bass in the last picture looks nice! Awesome Lagoon bass! Too bad the pictures give away EXACT locations if you have ever fished the Lagoon.

captain skunked again
03-04-2010, 04:31 PM
lol ray talks about the spot enough i think the while world knows where it is but i hope it helps other people get their bass fix

Fire Ball
03-04-2010, 04:43 PM
lol ray talks about the spot enough i think the while world knows where it is but i hope it helps other people get their bass fix

There are too many lurkers on here, so you definitely don't want to tell people spots unless you do it though a PM. There are guys on here that will just poach your spots out.

M@M
03-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Nice ! You caught one, I'm sure there will be more soon!

fisherman from long beach
03-04-2010, 05:07 PM
your persistance finaly paid off,thats a nice lookin bass.

captain skunked again
03-04-2010, 05:10 PM
lol thats my buddy matts fat bass he was hackin on me cuz mine was a little dinker but i was stoked cuz i finally caught one

fisherman from long beach
03-04-2010, 05:43 PM
:Embarrassed:
lol thats my buddy matts fat bass he was hackin on me cuz mine was a little dinker but i was stoked cuz i finally caught one

oh my bad,still you got something

bassgrabber1
03-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Nice catch!!! Now I know where they catch them at the Lagoon...bwa hah ah ah bwa ha ha ha...just kidding...that's way to far for me to drive. I'll stick with Perris.

exfactor
03-04-2010, 06:39 PM
LOL girlfriend say you....are....not......going......fishing......tod ay....................get back in bed

Fishbones
03-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice job on the goon fish....sounds like you guys worked for those fish......keep it up.

captain skunked again
03-04-2010, 09:18 PM
ya put in a lot of time for little result but ive got a feeling its gunna get crazy here pretty quick as the water temp rises a few degrees...ill be out there all day tomorow the significant other has got work and im off for the weekend so if you see me come say hi...

Ray Lopez
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
im fairly new to bass fishing i have stuck to trout and channel fish and sometimes bluegill. My buddies just recently turned me onto bass this year... We started goin out about 3 weeks ago seemed like every other morning. We would get up at the butt crack off dawn drive out to castaic from valencia park at the fire station and start our treck over to the lake. (we are cheap asses who dont wanna waste money on a parking pass) when we first started goin a few weeks ago we would walk to the far buoy line next to the spillway and throw on crankbaits swimbaits and spinners and nothin was bitin. We couldn figure out why? We started to get sloppy as we kept casting out and retrieving over and over and over again.

i mean really sloppy like gettin 15.00 lures stuck on rocks or in trees lol...but as you can see from the picks we dont leave a man behind lol...

after about 2 weeks of all three of us not catching a damn thing we ran into ray and rees and they showed us the godly wonders that the drop shot and oxblood robo worm could do. After we were taught whats up it was all smooth sailin from there my buddy matt pulled a good size bass out followed by my other buddy chad pullin two... but as for me, nothin just a big goose egg...

we were fishin the east shoreline all up and down and still nothing. i made it a personal mission to catch a fish and still nothing... i have gone out 4 times this week including today and got skunked every time.. But today i got to the lake at around 7:30 am i threw out a night crawler and let it sit for ***** and giggles than threw out the oxblood d/s and on the third cast got hammered i reeled it and caugth a nice little 1-2 pounder...

my girlfriend is gettin a little pissed that i keep wakin her up at 5 in the morning and wanted me back in bed today so i left at bout 10 only catchin that one today but hopefully my slump is over... lookin forward to seein you guys out there
Right on I'm glad i was able to put you guys on some fish. That's what it's all about man. You put in your work and caught your fish no matter what size. That's just the start of some more great days on the lake.

WTF you guys are so gonna blow out "My Secret Spot" lol Good lord don't sweat it guys. Fireball likes to keep everything secret for some reason lol. Soon he'll be blurring out his pics at the lagoon lol. I talk about everything i do for fishing. If people are scared of lurkers killing off the spots then how do they explain my consistency on this lake? Keep the reports coming!!!!

Fire Ball
03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
WTF you guys are so gonna blow out "My Secret Spot" lol Good lord don't sweat it guys. Fireball likes to keep everything secret for some reason lol. Soon he'll be blurring out his pics at the lagoon lol. I talk about everything i do for fishing. If people are scared of lurkers killing off the spots then how do they explain my consistency on this lake? Keep the reports coming!!!!

Ray, you spots do get messed up, you just don't notice it! :ROFL: :ROFL:
I only keep my spots secret and then occasionally lures if Butch tells me to keep them secret. Otherwise I do give out tips, just not as much as you. I hate seeing people fishing my spots because that means that I can't fish them when I want. Plus, you mainly go on weekdays or at night when it isn't crowded. I go when it is crowded, so my spots are taken a lot of the time. Good thing I have backup spots and spots inaccessible from shore.

GeordyBass
03-06-2010, 01:12 AM
I only keep my spots secret and then occasionally lures if Butch tells me to keep them secret. Otherwise I do give out tips, just not as much as you. I hate seeing people fishing my spots because that means that I can't fish them when I want. Plus, you mainly go on weekdays or at night when it isn't crowded. I go when it is crowded, so my spots are taken a lot of the time. Good thing I have backup spots and spots inaccessible from shore.lol SecretBall you wierdo... lmao

I dont reveal my spots, but i dont hide them or keep em a secret either. :-)

Fishbones
03-06-2010, 07:35 AM
lol SecretBall you wierdo... lmao

hahahahahahahahahaha SecretBall........good one GeordyBass

Ray Lopez
03-06-2010, 07:40 AM
I only keep my spots secret and then occasionally lures if Butch tells me to keep them secret. Otherwise I do give out tips, just not as much as you. I hate seeing people fishing my spots because that means that I can't fish them when I want. Plus, you mainly go on weekdays or at night when it isn't crowded. I go when it is crowded, so my spots are taken a lot of the time. Good thing I have backup spots and spots inaccessible from shore.
No way dude i fish any time i can, weekdays and weekends. Night and day. If someone if fishing "my spots" i find another one. Once they leave i go back and catch some more fish off that spot. I have so many different spots that i know produce fish at different times of the year. I have a mental topographical map of that lake embedded in my brain lol. Hence the reason i don't have a fish finder, it's not a item that i need. Plus i sort of like it when that lake gets hit hard by weekend warriors, it makes the fishing more fun, a little competition is good for the soul.

I think with all the time and energy i put into teaching others and helping others, it comes back 10 fold. Karma is a big thing for me when it comes to fishing. Plus when you make that many friends at a lake and people get to know who you are and don't think you're a dic they are more willing to come to you with some info they have and help you in the same way you've helped them in the past. Plus for me i get more enjoyment in watching someone i taught catch on and start banging out fish. I don't get to have that excitement anymore, where any fish that hits my line gets me happy. But when i teach someone i get to see it in others faces and reports. So far every time i have taken a goon noob out for there first time and show them what to do they catch there first goon bass. I've done this for 3 years with countless numbers of fisherman and it keeps happening. Every time it happens i get goosebumps because it gives me a sense of enjoyment. Plus once they get out there with me i teach them why i practice C.P.R. so on top of teaching them the ways of the goon i also teach them conservation at the same time. I have switched many meat fisherman to cpr guys and gals. I do all this without being preachy or a dic.

tpfishnfool
03-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Nice Bass, but I like the Monkey climbing the tree shot..

Newfishsmell
03-06-2010, 08:16 AM
No way dude i fish any time i can, weekdays and weekends. Night and day. If someone if fishing "my spots" i find another one. Once they leave i go back and catch some more fish off that spot. I have so many different spots that i know produce fish at different times of the year. I have a mental topographical map of that lake embedded in my brain lol. Hence the reason i don't have a fish finder, it's not a item that i need. Plus i sort of like it when that lake gets hit hard by weekend warriors, it makes the fishing more fun, a little competition is good for the soul.

I think with all the time and energy i put into teaching others and helping others, it comes back 10 fold. Karma is a big thing for me when it comes to fishing. Plus when you make that many friends at a lake and people get to know who you are and don't think you're a dic they are more willing to come to you with some info they have and help you in the same way you've helped them in the past. Plus for me i get more enjoyment in watching someone i taught catch on and start banging out fish. I don't get to have that excitement anymore, where any fish that hits my line gets me happy. But when i teach someone i get to see it in others faces and reports. So far every time i have taken a goon noob out for there first time and show them what to do they catch there first goon bass. I've done this for 3 years with countless numbers of fisherman and it keeps happening. Every time it happens i get goosebumps because it gives me a sense of enjoyment. Plus once they get out there with me i teach them why i practice C.P.R. so on top of teaching them the ways of the goon i also teach them conservation at the same time. I have switched many meat fisherman to cpr guys and gals. I do all this without being preachy or a dic.

Ray I have to commend you for your Great Attitude ...
We should all be this positive.

McFingers
03-06-2010, 03:16 PM
There are too many lurkers on here, so you definitely don't want to tell people spots unless you do it though a PM. There are guys on here that will just poach your spots out.

I have no need to lurk. My *** spends at least 4 hours at a lake, walking up the entire bank and fishing as much water as i can.

Ray Lopez
03-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I have no need to lurk. My *** spends at least 4 hours at a lake, walking up the entire bank and fishing as much water as i can.
As do all die hards. It's the only way to find where the fish are fishing. If there was always fish on the spots i fish then why would i ever have to move. I like to move around and hunt for my fish.

captain skunked again
03-06-2010, 05:59 PM
i really do have to say thanks to you ray thats an awesome way to look at it and it really is true that if you help other people it will come back to you. thats the way it should be... and i dont give two shi*s if somebody is fishin that spot there is a whole lake full of bass its just find them and catching them... so if i could help somebody like you helped me that would be awesome. thanks again man and best of luck

Fire Ball
03-06-2010, 07:01 PM

I don't mind helping people, it is just spots that I won't give out. The only time that I will tell anyone spots is really in person or if I know they well enough on here. I just don't help people as much as you do Ray. When I was slaying them a couple weeks ago, I helped one guy get his only bass of the day a little bit before he left. I mainly only teach my friends though and then people who ask when they see me slaying, like the guy a couple weeks ago. Most people wouldn't want help from a "kid" anyway, unless they see that I can actually catch fish, lol.

Mondo21
03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Nice lookin Bass Man. Thanks for the report and pics. Cindy:Big Grin:

huddtosser
03-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Hay Ray you should Thank Fire ball, he made his post on page (3) 2-21-10 giant hawgs with pictures you said that you were jones,n after reading it. Your post on 2-23-10 looks to me you copyed his home work and told the world about the bite that fire ball posted first and now you take the credit for showing everybody the area that fire ball took his photos of his bass. If you look back before this bite started you "sucked" now your saying how consistant you are, and a few small fish doesn,t mean your "hot"!Your new name "Ray The Scoop Lopez". I'm not a hater but I call it like I see it, look back on past posts. Without the fishing websites people had to find fish on there own it makes you a better fisherman.:Idea:p.s Small lake lot of people makes a good thing go bad.
Have fun fishing scoop

Ray Lopez
03-07-2010, 06:41 AM
i really do have to say thanks to you ray thats an awesome way to look at it and it really is true that if you help other people it will come back to you. thats the way it should be... and i dont give two shi*s if somebody is fishin that spot there is a whole lake full of bass its just find them and catching them... so if i could help somebody like you helped me that would be awesome. thanks again man and best of luck
anytime bro!

Hay Ray you should Thank Fire ball, he made his post on page (3) 2-21-10 giant hawgs with pictures you said that you were jones,n after reading it. Your post on 2-23-10 looks to me you copyed his home work and told the world about the bite that fire ball posted first and now you take the credit for showing everybody the area that fire ball took his photos of his bass. If you look back before this bite started you "sucked" now your saying how consistant you are, and a few small fish doesn,t mean your "hot"!Your new name "Ray The Scoop Lopez". I'm not a hater but I call it like I see it, look back on past posts. Without the fishing websites people had to find fish on there own it makes you a better fisherman.:Idea:p.s Small lake lot of people makes a good thing go bad.
Have fun fishing scoop
oh man you are funny. 1st post and trying to hate. Just some fyi. I'm one of the guys that helped fireball when he came to the site. Also i fish that lake 2 to 4 times a week. Been catching fish on that spot for years now. Small fish? I actually caught a 12.6 last week lol. I don't take any credit for showing anyone any spot. That spot is a known producer on the lagoon during pre spawn. Trust my buddy i do more homework on that lake then most of the people on this site. B-4 the bite was slow. That Sunday the bite started to pop off. So yea i went afterwards since i fished in Thursday b-4 and we started to catch fish off that spot. I knew it was gonna happen soon enough. FYI in the last 4 years on that lake i have pulled well over 2000 bass one being 19.4 pounds too. So nice research hahahahahahaha. Get a clue hater! Anything else you have "noticed" lol

Captain Castaic
03-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Sounds lie you guys had a blast. I loves those times good times with friends and fishing. Cant beat it.

C.C.

huddtosser
03-07-2010, 04:00 PM
A Ledgend in your own mind! not a hater just tired of Ray "The scoop" Lopez a an how great he'll tell you he is:BabbleFish:, your just another broken record:No Pity: Maybe you can make my fish grow over the years like your 12 pounder that you layed on the ground. Who tought to do something like that to a bass and take a picture of it by your foot last year and now it's 19Lbs,:Applause: or the 8pounder this year that hit 12.6 Lbs by the time you put it on the website now thats incredible" Scoop" Keep up the amazing fishing tales "scoop" I can't wait to find out if you fix your tube for the third time. I'm getting a new tube if yours can't be fixed you can have mine:Dancing Banana: p.s Becouse of your wanting to be so populer there were 34 fisherman between the handycap dock and trout point a week ago friday your deffenitly not a local any more "scoop" locals take care of the little lake.:Head Bang:

oscarbassman
03-07-2010, 05:04 PM
there is no "spots" for bass, you just have to keep moving around looking for sings of LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, you can catch 20 bass in 1 spot one day, next day you'll be skunked! I <3bass

captain skunked again
03-07-2010, 06:25 PM
this was not a supposed to be a post where people hated on other people... all you fags who want to hate can f**k off and go somewhere else... get your info and keep to yourself!!! if you want to hate on somebody do it on your own post, not mine... i have nothin but respect for people who show me little tips and tricks and hope them the best... screw those few who polluted my post

bassguy
03-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Not sure I like the direction this post has gone. First off, the Lagoon is a small body of water, gets hammered by weekend warriors, some respect the lake, others do not. Just like life, you will meet people who are helpful, and others who care only about their selves.

Ray, Fire Ball, Captain Castaic, myself, and others have spent many hours on the Lagoon over the past couple years. In general, we all seem to migrate to the same locations. Just because someone knows your location, does not mean they can catch the fish. We all fish different color baits, techniques, our pace of fishing varies. The person who has a secret location or bait, is the person who is in a location not normally fished, and is catching fish when others are not.

Everyone knows Butch Brown fishes the Lagoon and has caught hundreds of large bass over 10 lbs. He knows the lake better than anyone, he puts in his time to know where the fish are located at different times of the year, many people know some of his locations, including fire ball and myself, we have yet to catch a DD bass. With that being said, it takes more than knowing a couple of someone elses locations. It takes knowledge of the lake, correct bait selection, how to present the bait, and a little luck.

I like the idea of helping a fellow fisherman, I have received tips from others, and have helped several people catch their first Lagoon bass. I believe the key is respect, If someone shows you a location, and asks you not to broadcast it to the world, you should respect that persons wishes. Don't crowd another persons spot, if your tubing, and shore fishermen are present, keep a safe distance from shore, they have the same right to the water as tubers do. I know the controversy with catch and release, I hope people release the female bass during the spawn, the bass population is deminishing.

We are all out there doing something we love, I fish regularly with people I have met on FNN. The knowledged gained, and friendships to be had are priceless, I also get great satisfaction seeing someone I helped get their first fish, their expression says it all.

huddtosser
03-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Your 100% right and I'm sorry for hurting your feelings next time i'll just send scoop a p.m. and tell him that he sucks and you won't need to use 4 letter words for the kids to see on your post.:UDaMan:
Hater no! "But don't be a follower, be a real fisherman do your own home work"

SCVchad
03-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Ray, do your homework, you said your hoping for trout at the lower next week in that other thread, if you did your homework you would know trout may never be stocked there ever again, instead of posting reports you should get involved, no trout means no more 19's for you hahaha!!!!! seriously though, i wanna know if any of you are even doing anything about these tough trout stock times, please atleast send emails instead of post reports and get in my way at the lake

Fire Ball
03-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Ray, do your homework, you said your hoping for trout at the lower next week in that other thread, if you did your homework you would know trout may never be stocked there ever again, instead of posting reports you should get involved, no trout means no more 19's for you hahaha!!!!! seriously though, i wanna know if any of you are even doing anything about these tough trout stock times, please atleast send emails instead of post reports and get in my way at the lake

It is possible that we are getting triploid trout, but that is the only possiblity and it won't be for a while if it happens.

Hitts0n
03-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I hope you killed that fish eyes first ! then the tail !

Ray Lopez
03-08-2010, 08:15 AM
A Ledgend in your own mind! not a hater just tired of Ray "The scoop" Lopez a an how great he'll tell you he is:BabbleFish:, your just another broken record:No Pity: Maybe you can make my fish grow over the years like your 12 pounder that you layed on the ground. Who tought to do something like that to a bass and take a picture of it by your foot last year and now it's 19Lbs,:Applause: or the 8pounder this year that hit 12.6 Lbs by the time you put it on the website now thats incredible" Scoop" Keep up the amazing fishing tales "scoop" I can't wait to find out if you fix your tube for the third time. I'm getting a new tube if yours can't be fixed you can have mine:Dancing Banana: p.s Becouse of your wanting to be so populer there were 34 fisherman between the handycap dock and trout point a week ago friday your deffenitly not a local any more "scoop" locals take care of the little lake.:Head Bang:
lol you are too funny man. First off my 19.4 i found out after i took that pic of the fish on the ground to get a guess at the size. Fish was 30" I guessed it was over 13 pounds but then i found out it was at the smallest 19.47 so that's why. My other fish was on my digi and yes 12.6 was the size lol..try again buddy.
I do my homework and fish the lake over 100 times or more a year. Been fishing the lake for 15 years. Do i care about being popular at the lake. Not really hence why i could care less what you locals think about me. That lake gets hammered all the time no matter if people make posts or not. You guys are a joke. You hate for some stupid reason when someone like myself tries to help others catch fish. You want to keep the lake to yourself, not gonna happen. You guys also hide behind a screen name and talk crap about someone who has no hateful bone in his body and is all about being a helpful resource for others. You personally added yourself and made your fist post to hate on me. I feel so special now. My dreams have come true. Legend in my own mind? I'm no Legend I'm just someone who is good at what i do and have no problem passing on what i know to others. If the lake is getting hammered so hard then why is it that i keep catching fish???? that's strange right? Do you complain to Butch Brown when he tapes his big bass and posts them on the Internet? Do you tell him his fish are smaller then what he says? Do you ***** to WON when they report on the fishing at lakes? This is a website based on fishing reports and that is what i do here. If you don't like it move on. Your hatred is not needed on this site.

Wow and i thought i left high school back in 98'

sorry about the drama guys i will no longer be addressing anyone else that feels the need to hate on me.

this sort of crap is why people leave this site in groups, most of the great fisherman and posters have left this site due to people like this man right here.

there is no "spots" for bass, you just have to keep moving around looking for sings of LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, you can catch 20 bass in 1 spot one day, next day you'll be skunked! I <3bass
Agreed bass move all the time some spots hold fish during different times of the year but for the most part they move from spot to spot.

Your 100% right and I'm sorry for hurting your feelings next time i'll just send scoop a p.m. and tell him that he sucks and you won't need to use 4 letter words for the kids to see on your post.:UDaMan:
Hater no! "But don't be a follower, be a real fisherman do your own home work" Not many people get a chance to do thier own homework, they don't have a chance to be at the lake like others. A helping hand is why people read these sites, same reason why they read fishing reports and articals and magazines and watch tv shows about fishing. It's why they pay $$$$ to use a guide service. Did you learn everything you know on your own? huddtosser the natural born fisherman lol.

Also you need a teacher before you ever get homework.

:end rant