PDA

View Full Version : Goon.....WTF

phantomson9
03-04-2010, 01:16 PM
So i have been lurking here for a while now....should have joined sooner, but man its frustrating to read how you guys are tearing up the lagoon and i cant manage a single fish there. I grew up fishing, been fishing for about 20 years, mostly in the south. This southern cali fishing gets so frustrating. I know you guys have your secrets on the lagoon and i respect you guys not giving them out, im all about you working to find what works and keeping it to your self....thats what fishing is about. But me and my buddy have been out on the lagoon at least 6 times all day and i have only caught 1 bass....about 2lbs. Could you guys please help us out....i dont expect you to just straight tell me "Boom, drop shot, purple worm.....at this location" ha ha i just want some tips about what locations are good from shore and possibly what you would suggest we use. Thanks for you time guys. Hopefully i get some good fishing in soon, and i can post some pics. If you dont want to post your answers here you can PM.

fisherman from long beach
03-04-2010, 01:29 PM
i think all the guys that post about the goon.have been giving all the info that you ask.i dont think they have secrets there all working it together,there having a get together in a couple of weeks you should check it out and its a good way of meeting some good peeps.dont you think.

oscarbassman
03-04-2010, 01:37 PM
a get together huh? i'm down for this meeting, post link!

phantomson9
03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah i havent heard about the get together but i would totally go. Sounds like a good time.

oscarbassman
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
oh i just read the post

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?43635-Castaic-Lagoon-2-28
last post

its a tube meeting from what this guy is saying, i dont have a tube lol. GL guys!

03-04-2010, 01:56 PM
its not just a tube and yakk.he also said if guys want to go and work the shore.its just a way to meet peeps and do some fishing.thats all.its for march 20th check it out,im really thinking about going.

03-04-2010, 01:57 PM
you were on the wrong thread check out tubers and yakkers

phantomson9
03-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Yeah ill check it out thanks Fisherman.....thanks for the heads up. Ill see you guys out there.

trail blazer
03-04-2010, 03:47 PM
oh i just read the post

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?43635-Castaic-Lagoon-2-28
last post

its a tube meeting from what this guy is saying, i dont have a tube lol. GL guys!

My advise to you would be to BE AT THE GOON AT THE GET TOGATHER,,,,,Find RAY,LO,,,,,and SHADOW HIS EVERY MOVE,,LOL

Sorry RAY LO,,,,But YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! JMO

oscarbassman
03-04-2010, 04:14 PM
oh since its not only tubbers, then il head out then. I've never fished that place before, cant wait to meet some of you.

phantomson9
03-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Ill be there but i dont have a tube. so ill be walking the shore. I would like to go out before that meeting though. Any body got any tips on what would work out there right now? I am assuming Drop Shot or Texas rig.....seems like Ox Blood is the color of choice. Let me know guys....Look forward to meeting everyone!!

Fire Ball
03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Well, most of the reports are from guy like me and Ray Lo (don't forget Robo Bass, haha) that fish the Lagoon a few times a week and it definitely takes a lot of time to learn how to fish the Lagoon and consistently catch fish. The fishing started to heat up about a week or two ago and then after that it cooled down, so don't expect the fishing to be good until we have another week that the weather is warm for the entire week. The drop shot has definitely been working, so keep using it and gain some more confidence in it. You can basically catch fish all along most of the East side.

sawoobley
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
From what I have read many of the float tubers at the goon get frustrated fishing from the shore. That's why most of the reports are from float tubers. I hear the upper lake is good for fishing from the shore. :Razz: Try going for stripers at the dam. :Razz:

Since your already use to the skunk you could always try the aqueduct. :Wink: Tough fishing but its free. Might be worth it if you live close enough. Keep your rod with you and jump out when the water is flowing and try your luck.

:Cool:

phantomson9
03-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks Fireball Sounds good, i will Def keep trying the drop shot. Hope to see you out there sometime.

stg68
03-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Well, I am totally with Fire Ball. He is right. Most of us spend time to fish at Lagoon and upper lake.

As secrets at Lagoon............. Spend some time, and then spend more time again.

I’ve been fishing at Castaic for last 8 years, and believe me, still did not figured all out yet.

I am using at Lagoon: plastics worms, buzz baits, bass jigs right from the shore, mostly at night or ‘till 7 am.
:LOL::Smile::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:

Fishbones
03-04-2010, 07:37 PM
yeah....i think fisherman from long beach pertty much said it perfect....there are no secrets or private spots...we share and are willing to teach.....you gotta ask the master....ray lo....he taught me....and i got a 5+lber on my second time there....i think its just timing and luck as well. hope to see you at the meet up on the 20th.

DockRat
03-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Goon ?

Main Entry: goon !gUn
Pronunciation: \ ˈgün \
Function: noun
Etymology: probably short for English dial. gooney simpleton
Date: 1921
Results

1. 1a stupid person

2 a. 2 aa man hired to terrorize or eliminate opponentsb. benforcer

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/DREA18_YAHYAH/GOON1-3-1.gif
DR

CL SmooV
03-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm down to hit up the goon with the gang.

Ive been fishing the goon since the early eighties. The more you go, the more you catch there. Period.

Like fireball said, when it warms up, the goon will produce good fish if you have the time to be there.

Looks like the last week of march will be a helluva time to be there, among other good lakes. Temps should hold steady in the mid 70's around then. Maybe even warmer.

Until then, keep castin'.

SmooV

oscarbassman
03-04-2010, 08:37 PM
damn this is exciting, lol. I wish i could fish this lake like some of you do here. The only problem for me is that i live 2 hours away, but! I will write this down on my list to go places. Be nice to learn some more from you experienced fishermen.