PDA

View Full Version : Fred Hall - Saturday or Sunday?

basscat
03-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Something came up and can't attend the show till Sunday, we've never missed a show in over 10 years plus. We always go Saturday's.

Can anyone chime in on what Sunday's are like? Is it less crowded or just as packed? It doesn't matter to us. I have heard from others at Saturday's show, say they come back or like Sunday's as sometimes the "deals" are better?

CatchthatTrout
03-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Going out there tomorrow because I'll be in Big Bear over the weekend.

Mondo21
03-03-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm hoping the weather is good on Saturday, that's when I'm headin' out. This will be my 1st. time going. Cindy:Big Grin:

Rooster
03-04-2010, 08:55 AM
There are better deals on Sunday. Thats when everyone i know is going. Less to pick from but deals to be had.

Fisherman57
03-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Rob is correct, lots of GREAT deals on ("what's still left") on Sunday!

But, there's also lots of great deals to be had EVERY DAY of the show!

Stop by the TEAM 57 / BOB SANDS TACKLE / LEADMASTERS SUPERBOOTH (10 spaces total)
Look for the Team 57 banners!

It was a GREAT day yesterday and more deals to be had today!
Hope to see you all there!

Dana

YellowSuge
03-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm hoping the weather is good on Saturday, that's when I'm headin' out. This will be my 1st. time going. Cindy:Big Grin:

Unfortunately, I think its going to rain Saturday.

Rooster
03-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I hope the new Team 57 hats are still around Sunday... Cant wait to see them

GeordyBass
03-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Better Deals Sunday, More crowded Saturday. I went Wednesday and it was pretty crowded! Even for a weekday.

sansou
03-04-2010, 05:17 PM
You'll be fine going sunday. Like everyone says, maybe some popular inventory might be gone. If I recall, sunday had a bunch of good seminars (almost identical to saturday, at Del Mar at least). The t-shirt and apparel vendors were going bonkers the last couple hours on sunday at the last Del Mar show.

Got extremely lucky today and had Fish57 pick me up the last Kencor panga rod on sale at the Turner's booth.....score! Thanks Dana!

marc626
03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Sunday & Packed.

bruce watson
03-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I've been working the show for many years now. Here's what I've seen in that time.

Wednesday...A lot of people because it's the first day.
Thursday......slow day with tight wallets
Friday...........Let's get together after work bunch. Let's drink $5 beers and buy stuff to impress eachother.
Saturday.......Family day. Kids, wives and lower ticket items. Lots of fun times.
Sunday.........Dreamers of someday when and bargin hunters.

If it rains on Saturday or Sunday, the place will be jammed. Would you rather sit at home or go look around at the show.
BTW, if you or the folks you're with have a parking placard, there are parking meters on first street between Long Beach Blvd and Elm. Walk a block and save $10.