PDA

View Full Version : C.C and Me, Lagoon 03-01-10 A DD of a different kind

Ray Lopez
03-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Yesterday i decided to make my way back to my sweet little goon'.

I was meeting up with my buddy warren and his pops in the morning.

I get to gallions around 6am and get my sammy and some water. They end up meeting up with me there and we head to the lake. We fish the area I've been fishing since last week. Fished it hard with the d/s. I showed them how i do it and set them up for some fishing.

Lots of fishing and no action!! Warren and his pops move north towards the deep point. I keep fishing "my area" lol saw a nice fat bass jump out the water and then right after i see the tiny bubbles of a shad ball. I throw out my glass shad rap into the shad group. Nothing! Switch up to a senko. No Love.

I make my way to the point to fish with them and warren tells me he caught a one on a nightcrawler. Sweet maybe they moved into this spot again. I kept throwing out my d/s oxblood and BAM i get hit but it's a swing and miss. Bummer! I end up getting another hit around 5 minutes later and BAM hook up! Pull in a smaller unit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0962.jpg

Warren told me he would take the pic so i could push it out far and make it look bigger lol.

Keep on fishing for nothing no bites no nothing. Warren and his pops take off around 10:30am. I took a break ate my sammy and went back to fishing with a new game plan. I start at the the first small spillway right off from the fishing pier. My plan "move north fan casting and do some hunting no matter what depth it was." I make my way all the way to the reeds to the north of the lagoon. Nothing!! Everyone i talked to was saying 1 fish even in groups guys only getting one fish. Bummer. Most catching the only fish off the deep point.

I start making my way south back to the reed beds. I meet up with some guys i help put on fish the other day. I take off now for some more food i was starving after the haul to the back of the lake. Get back to the lake and start talking to Captain Castaic about him getting out to the lake after he got off work.

C.C. shows up and we start the fishing again worked the reed beds for a bit and then moved to the point. Then we get back and fish the beds again and then just north of the beds. There we decided to stay until it was dark. C.C tells me i think i might have a fish I'm pulling up feels like a snag but its giving in slowly. He ends up catching a horribly smelly Sling shot. lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0964.jpg

Then shortly after that he pulls in the DD lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0965.jpg

aka donkey D lol it was the biggest senko we had ever seen lol.

We fished till around 7pm

oh btw one of the guys that i was helping last week ended up pulling a fat healthy 3 pounder off the reed beds too right after C.C got there.

So the cold rainy week killed off the action pulled them deeper. So lets hope this weeks rain plus this weekends rain wont make the bite even slower. I'm hoping some time late next week the fish come back to the shallows and give us shore boys another chance at the bassy!!!!

Till then tight lines. Might take a night trip with my buddy Donald tomorrow night. We'll see tho.

Fire Ball
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
The "DD" is hilarious! :ROFL:
At least you didn't get skunked! I might head out there tonight for a short night mission.

Fishbones
03-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Great report ray....what the hell am i doing home when the DD senkos are biting lol....good to see you didnt get the skunk and they are still biting...even if its slow picking.....never give up

BIGBASS MB
03-02-2010, 06:56 PM
there was a full moon last couple of nights and fishing usually sucks after the full moon, LMB feed on baitfish during full moon, therefor during daylight they don't need to feed anymore... keep up the good work and youll get them...

Ray Lopez
03-02-2010, 07:36 PM
there was a full moon last couple of nights and fishing usually sucks after the full moon, LMB feed on baitfish during full moon, therefor during daylight they don't need to feed anymore... keep up the good work and youll get them...

yea i never have really good days on the full moon and come to think about it never have great nights either. Most active day and nights for me have been the 3/4 waxing moon. 3/4 waining is also good but the bigger fish are typically on the waxing side.

but hey i can't help it i gotta fish as much as possible

Newfishsmell
03-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Good report Ray and always a great read ....
Hey and that DD thats gotta be a Lagoon record ...lol