PDA

View Full Version : Where's Wingnut?

JP
03-02-2010, 07:21 AM
I enjoy Arthur's reports, but haven't seen any in some time. Where is hiding?

fish_sauce
03-02-2010, 07:36 AM
The weather has been very unfavorable for surf fishing lately. I'm sure when it picks up a little, Arthur will be back at it in no time! ;)

JSAUCE818
03-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Im willing to bet that business has been busy and good.

bsp
03-02-2010, 10:16 AM
The weather has been very unfavorable for surf fishing lately. I'm sure when it picks up a little, Arthur will be back at it in no time! ;)

x2.

bone's been hitting the surf in the short time where there's favorable conditions during the week, and he has put up a few reports if you need your halibut fix.

gavin310
03-02-2010, 12:20 PM
As far as I know Arthur is an accountant of some sort, so he may be crazy at work with the tax season.

sansou
03-02-2010, 01:20 PM
As far as I know Arthur is an accountant of some sort, so he may be crazy at work with the tax season.

Yeah. He's accountin' all the halibuts he catches....:LOL:

Cangler
03-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah. He's accountin' all the halibuts he catches....:LOL:

Or pugging ...

sansou
03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Or pugging ...

You heard his voicemail too huh? "LC u later, I'm pugging juicy 'butts right now"

Cangler
03-02-2010, 02:17 PM
You heard his voicemail too huh? "LC u later, I'm pugging juicy 'butts right now"

Slightly slanderous ....

Santa Fe Eric
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM

No, I don't think he's an accountant. Word on the street is that he is some sort of Super Secret Special Ops Person:Secret:.

exfactor
03-02-2010, 05:19 PM
heard he's been under the weather as of late. I wouldn't worry too much, as he wants to be out there more then you know

blackwater
03-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Going through Wingnut withdrawals are we? :Big Smile:
Yes, the man of steel has been fighting a nagging cold as of late and the crappy conditions hasn't helped either.
I talked to him just last week and he said that he was going to Castaic with T/O last Sunday but didn't see a report.
Funny how we are so spoiled in seeing his regular reports. :LOL:

btw, Arthur isn't an accountant, but he has many working for him. :Wink:

bones
03-02-2010, 06:24 PM
The truth be known........Sansumo was right........Arthur has been pugging juicy butts. He caught a little throat infection but that was taken care of by our new found friend at Cabrillio "Yuri Spunknut".

Sorry Arthur.....I couldn't resist. Blackwater made me say it......LOL

The "Real truth" is that Arthur decided to let me take the lead on legals this year ..........The count is ......

Bones - 3 (1 on the dropshott and 2 on the LC)
Arthur - 1 (on the Fly!)
Same thing happened last year.........Then he schooled me on how it's really done!

OK.....Enough kidding around........

Fans of Wingnut's reports.........He is just fine. He only has one day during the week to fish (Sunday) and the swells,Storms,Tsunami tidal surges and "Avatar" have all been getting in the way!
He has been suffering from serious cabin fever and told me that he feels like he has forgotten how to assault the surf. He has plans to help out Dana at the Fred Hall show on saturday and then the plan is to tear up the surf on sunday.....Rain or Shine!
I hit the surf at least twice a week ....Rain or shine.......It's been a real tough bite lately unless you want to do the "Perch Thing" and that's not Wingnuts style. He has a serious case of "Halibutitis" that can"t be cured so this time of season is really hard on him and he dedicates most of his time to work and his normal fishing day to family,friends and chasin "Tail" of a different kind!
Seriously....If I had as many beautiful woman chasin me as Arthur does........It would be extremely hard to justify fishing during the slow season in the surf.
One thing we can definately count on is that he will be back with style REAL SOON!

STAY TUNED TO THIS CHANNEL!

flyngby
03-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Fans of Wingnut's reports.........He is just fine. He only has one day during the week to fish (Sunday) and the swells,Storms,Tsunami tidal surges and "Avatar" have all been getting in the way!
He has been suffering from serious cabin fever and told me that he feels like he has forgotten how to assault the surf. He has plans to help out Dana at the Fred Hall show on saturday and then the plan is to tear up the surf on sunday.....Rain or Shine!

Mike,

Thanks for the update!

We also know he is working on his plan to take Phoung down once again!!!!:Razz: :ROFL:

What will he do next?

Here is a little tribute to Wingnut for those that are missing his reports. I had the pleasure to be along and witness his tremendous talent and determination!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/th_superman_0001.jpg (http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/?action=view&current=superman_0001.flv)

Can't wait for the weather to allow the S.W.A.T to get a chance to get back at it again!!!!

Steve

Badbeat
03-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey Steve, you forgot to attach this video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tarasdad2009#p/a/u/0/de2pZpdzhas (http://www.youtube.com/user/tarasdad2009#p/a/u/0/de2pZpdzhas)

Wingnut is no doubt the Superman of surf fishing.
Yeah, we were supposed to fish with T.O. last Sunday, but Bob got sick from fishing in the rain the day before at Salmonoid Saturday.
I know Arthur is itching to fish, i bet the flatties are happy in his absence. lol

jerryG
03-03-2010, 12:14 AM
The truth be known........Sansumo was right........Arthur has been pugging juicy butts. He caught a little throat infection but that was taken care of by our new found friend at Cabrillio "Yuri Spunknut".

Sorry Arthur.....I couldn't resist. Blackwater made me say it......LOL

STAY TUNED TO THIS CHANNEL!

Hey Bones did you see the post about fishing naked? yeah, it looks like our friend from Cabrillo might be a FNN member... LOL

JerryG

DockRat
03-03-2010, 06:31 AM
I though I say Wingnut flying past LA Port doing Sea Trials in the new Team 57 Assult Boat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/11-Me...item230588ed5d

Year 2000 11 Meter USMI Inc. Seal Team Rigid Hull inflatable boat. Less than 300 hrs on reconditioned twin 470 HP Caterpillar 3126 Diesels ( Not the FAPS soft blocks!) with Twin Disc Transmission. The Drives are FF 280 KaMeWa Rolls Royce Jet Drives. This Vessel has a Kevlar reinforced glass body and was intended to be dropped out of a C 130 aircraft, (This should denote its structural integrity! Electronics are New VHF radio and 4KW Furuno VX2 color radar, chart plotter, fish finder and video. Cruising speed is 35 Knots and can reach 48+ Knots

Wingnut
03-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Wow, I just noticed that this is my "5757" post... cool!

Drop off the grid for a little bit and people's minds start to wander... lol. Some assessments are on the mark and some are just hilariously off-base. :ROFL:

Thanks for the calls and PM's everybody, but I'm doing just fine. :Cool:

Yes, I did let a nasty cold turn into the flu. See what I get for getting a preemptive flu shot? :Rolls Eyes:

As many of you know, my "Boss" is a jerk and makes me work a lot. :LOL: Sundays are my only days off and if I decide to fish, I'm at the mercy of the conditions on that particular day. For the past month or so, just about every weekend, it's either been poor weather or high surf, neither are ideal conditions for surf fishing. :Neutral: I give major props to those who brave these conditions and hit the surf anyways... you guys & gals remind me of myself in my younger years. Unlike my wingman Mike (Bones), I don't have the luxury of getting out there multiple times on a weekday to fish. :Envious:

Business is starting to pick up again, thank Goodness and that's where my focus have been as of late along with spending some quality time with family and friends. These are and always will be my first priorities... fishing a distant second. :Wink: Needless to say, I've been dying to get back out there again to shake off the rust. I can't let Mike get too far ahead of me in the legal Flatties count. Flyngby, JerryG, BSP, Blackwater, Bones the rest of the S.W.A.T. Crew, keep your minds and weapons sharp my friends... it's just a matter of time until we unleash fury in the surf once again! :Twisted:

Take care everybody, until the next report... but if you miss me that much, you can come visit me this Saturday at the Fred Hall Show in the Team 57 Booth. :Big Smile:

"Can I go to the Fred Hall Show too...?"
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Wingnut%206/Picture002-8.jpg

Jaysuuun
03-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Take care everybody, until the next report... but if you miss me that much, you can come visit me this Saturday at the Fred Hall Show in the Team 57 Booth. :Big Smile:

We'll be there! :Big Grin: We are due for some Team 57 hoodies. I just hope there will be plenty of sizes and designs when we get there. Oh and some guurrrlly designs for Tess to match her purple fish tape. :Sissy Fight:

Beeracuda211
03-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Don't feel bad wingnut, you think once a week is bad, try once a month!! LOL

Tesserz
03-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Hope you feel better soon. That's why I don't bother getting a flu shot. :LOL: Like Jason said, we were planning on going on Sat so hope to see ya there. :Cool:

flyngby
03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Tesserz,

I hear Dana (57) has some surprize new womens appearal for Wingnut to Model! :ROFL:

Please take some pics!!!!!

Steve

dgfishin
03-05-2010, 10:29 PM
I enjoy Arthur's reports, but haven't seen any in some time. Where is hiding?

you sound like an E-Z lube tech