PDA

View Full Version : Rookies fishing the AV Duct for the first time...

sawoobley
03-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Got to the duct in Lancaster at 280th street and hit several gates and siphons as we moved towards Palmdale from 6:30a.m. to 11:30a.m. My brother and I had the day off so we thought we would explore the duct. There was no water flow or bites. Talked to one guy at 25th St E on our way home and he had not had any luck there either. Got some advice. Apparently some people have some luck with cut bait when the flow is slow. I'll keep one pole in the water with cut bait next time. It actually reminded me a lot of my time at the duct in Hesperia. My brother kept saying that he could not see one living thing in the duct :LOL:. I did see two fish jump (most likely carp). I left the corn and trout rods at home so I did not target them this time :Embarrassed:.

I'll hit it up again sometime and probably stop by Castaic if there is no flow. We were using KPN's and superflukes. It was a real peaceful day in the middle of no where and we got plenty of exercise walking the duct. Oh yeah, we had to drive about 8 miles to find a restroom but finally found a Carl's Jr. A bit chilly in the morning. We could see snow on the nearby mountains. I will catch my first duct striper!

:Cool:

M@M
03-01-2010, 03:57 PM
That's Duct fishing!!:LOL:

vortec_cruiser
03-01-2010, 05:34 PM
That's Duct fishing!!:LOL:

Many trips, few fish.

M@M
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Sawoobley, Next time you might need some Carl Jr. napkins for your first duct wiper:LOL:............
I know the feeling...... had just arrived at the duct one time and DAMN!!..... Had to drive back in to town to find a rest room!!!.........There is actually a porta potty at the spot off the I-15. That's the only one I've seen.
Just make sure you carry some paper:Smile: