PDA

View Full Version : Corona report 02/28

Sin
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Hello guys first post on corona lakes so bear with me!

Short version: Beautiful day for fishing!
Temp: Pretty cold early morning, but once the same came up the chill was warded off. Slightly windy
Water: The rains kept the lake high, and also stirred it up, visibility at around 8 inches, dark green
Setup that worked: Powerbait in white, and Orange worms with a 8-12 inch leader and a couple splitshots.
Results: People caught fish all over the lake and saw many limits as I brought in my 6lbs limit (biggest at 2lbs). I was in the water at 7am and out by 9:15 am. Fish were on the bottom, and all over. Great weather, average fish, but no Alaskan trip!

Longer Version:
Made the trip to Corona lake again, easy choice since its been 3 outa 3 for me catching my limits there. Got to the line at around 6am to see a good line already formed. Waited about 20-25 mins to get in, and went straight to the tackle shop for a honey bun and a motor boat :). I didn't waste any time, got my gear out, hopped on the boat and went to my honey hole.
Most fisherman headed out to the far shore across from the dock and had good luck early. I settled down and decided to try the Chartreuse and white powerbait out and see what the flavor of the day was going to be. About 15 mins after casting out I got hit on the white and it was fish on. Kept the chartreuse on, but 20 mins later I got hit on the white again. I quickly re rigged the other pole on white and had my third fish on that pole 10 mins later. It was 8 am and already 3 average sized trout on the stringer!
I rebaited and left the poles there and about 15 mins later I get slammed hard, I pick up the pole and I hadn't even gotten a good grip on my pole, when whatever was on the line just bolted again and snapped my 2lbs izorline. I reel the line in and find no hook or even my split shot, maybe got hung up on something while the fish was on? A nice rush, but no fish. Decided to switch baits on one pole, and used the orange PB 3 in worms. Good switch because the last two fish quickly bit down on the worms and left the pole with the white PB alone. I expected to get my limit through out the day, but was glad and surprised I pulled my limit that fast. Got back and cleaned the fish up, and I was out of there by 10:30.
I love fishing on days like this, great weather, fast action, and a half day to do something else. I have always thought that fishing wasn't always about catching fish for me. If i get my limit great and if I don't I still get something back from this great sport. When fishing alone, I get that time to let some steam off, to think about life and all the things that I've done, and all of my future plans and dreams. When I'm with family and friends, it's a good time talking about all the funny bs that has happened through out the years, and a certain "fishing bond" gets created. Those trips are so aewsome that we have several yearly traditional fishing days now. I realized today that I would have wished to stay a bit more on the water, not to catch more fish , but to have more time with myself. Fishing is definitely about the time on the water.
So guys regardless of what is caught or not, fishing brings peace, so stop to take it in, the fish that are caught are a well received bonus!

Cheers,
Sin

JAG107
03-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Great report, thanks for posting. Maybe you had that "Alaska trip" fish on before it snapped???....

FISH_HUNTER
03-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Great report....only thing missing is the pictures. :Beer Toast: