PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon 2/28

Fire Ball
02-28-2010, 08:24 PM
I went to the Lagoon for a few hours today in my tube and manged one bass that was a little under 2 lbs and then a 0.5 lber that I lost at my tube. I fished most of the lake and caught the 2 lber in a spot I hadn't caught anything in before. I saw bassguy out there and fished with him basically the whole day. He caught 2 fish, but nothing big. Robo Bass's tube popped, so he fished on shore, but didn't catch anything and he kept getting snagged so he left pretty early. I wanted to stay until closing, but I ended up leaving a little bit after bassguy did. Fishing at the Lagoon has definitely slowed down a lot since last week. The weather really effected things. Only the guys using live crawdads seem to be doing alright. bassguy and I caught all of our fish on the drop shot.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1765/bass21.jpg

bassguy
02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Hey Fire Ball...

It was nice meeting you out there today. It was a beautiful day for fishing, but fishing was tough. With colder temperatures, and rain last week, the fish definitley were not staging like the previous week.

Compared to others, we held our own. I spoke with a couple people in the parking lot, they got skunked.

A couple fish each, we had a successful day.

See you on the water soon.

Fire Ball
02-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey Fire Ball...

It was nice meeting you out there today. It was a beautiful day for fishing, but fishing was tough. With colder temperatures, and rain last week, the fish definitley were not staging like the previous week.

Compared to others, we held our own. I spoke with a couple people in the parking lot, they got skunked.

A couple fish each, we had a successful day.

See you on the water soon.

I wish I would have stayed longer. I think I would have been able to get at least one more fish if I stayed until sunset. I am glad to know that it wasn't just us having trouble, haha. I'll see you at the float tuber meet up. It was great fishing with you.

Fishbones
02-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Good job beating the skunk FireBall....i told you the goon shut down for a minute....
hopefully some good weather will start it back up...fishbones

Fire Ball
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Good job beating the skunk FireBall....i told you the goon shut down for a minute....
hopefully some good weather will start it back up...fishbones

I really want the fishing to be like it was last week! I can definitely see how you got skunked yesterday.

Ray Lopez
03-01-2010, 04:53 AM
yea it slowed pretty fast from Sunday and Monday and Tuesday being on fire to Wednesday and Thursday with a hand full of fish and then over the weekend people including myself getting the skunk even tho i only fished for a few hours.

I'm about to head back out right now tho and see if i can't get them bassy to bite again!!!

Time to sprinkle some voodoo magic dust on my lures to make the fish bite again!!!!

i saw you two as i was leaving yesterday i was gonna yell out and say hi but my buddy was too busy looking for the mountain lion tracks since he said he got stalked by one fishing the reed beds 2 nights ago.

Bass Attack
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey Fire Ball. I'm new to FNN and new to the lagoon. I was there on 02/24 at around 4:00 p.m. and managed to bring one in before the rain came in. I released it shortly after snapping some pics. I'm an avid hunter and I just started freshwater fishing last year. I purchased my equipment and plan on going tubing here and there. Maybe I'll bump into you. Say what's up. Keep up the good fishing and nice LMB pics.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/CarlosMySpace/BassAttackFNN.jpg

Fire Ball
03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey Fire Ball. I'm new to FNN and new to the lagoon. I was there on 02/24 at around 4:00 p.m. and managed to bring one in before the rain came in. I released it shortly after snapping some pics. I'm an avid hunter and I just started freshwater fishing last year. I purchased my equipment and plan on going tubing here and there. Maybe I'll bump into you. Say what's up. Keep up the good fishing and nice LMB pics.

It will be nice seeing you out there. Very nice bass. It was definitely as better day to go on Wednesday, like Ray said. The weather completely ruined it for Sunday. Hopefully things will heat up this week and we won't have any storms that will mess things up too badly.

apcrew45
03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Spent a few hours at the lake on sunday too. Walked the whole lake up and down, working the drop shot. Missed one bight and called it a day around 9:45.I saw you working the coast fireball glad someone got one.

Ray Lopez
03-02-2010, 10:52 AM

hey on march 20th a saturday we are having a lagoon tuber meet-up. You should come out. Be a good way to break in the tube missions

also that is a beautiful bass. Good to see they were getting caught on the rip rap too. Havent fished that area for a few weeks might have to try it again this week.