PDA

View Full Version : February 27th Huskerrod DVL/Perris.....Ughh !!!!!!!!!!!

HuskerRod
02-28-2010, 04:05 PM
February 27th, Saturday

Started the day off right launching the float tube out of the inlet/outlet buoy line by Bernasconi Beach at Lake Perris at about 7:30 in a light rain. Wind was gusting pretty good from time to time, which made tubing difficult to say the least. Plus with the rain that got harder as the day progressed, coming and going, staying warm was uhm, ahh.........challenging. Did tough it out till 9:30 and ended up boating one bass in the 16-inch category on the Carolina rig. Got the skunk on the dropshot. Worked the buoy line north and south, then east to west. Also worked the rock point that sticks out before you get to the inlet/outlet a bit for crappie and bass, but no takers. Saw one guy in a bass boat out there getting blown around like a "top". You mister are a "die hard". Did see some splash action inside the restricted, "Keep Out or Else" buoy line, but to far away make a cast to. This pretty much sums up my frustration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF1O7e-ubWQ
At 9:30 decided to leave Perris as my hands were starting to feel like "clubs". Went home ,dropped off some equipment, and then headed over to DVL to check out the shoreline bite. Worked the first three points west for one bass in the 2.5 pound range on the dropshot. Saw maybe five or six other shoreline guys out there. Most of them split when it really started pouring and gail force winds started blowing in. They had a big tourni with a big "circus looking bigtop" set-up with a big barbeque grill and organizers were expecting some 100-boats. They only ended up with 21 boats mainly due to the weather. Did see Bill Semintel and the BBZ boat working a point right in front of me. Bill is new to fishing and I volunteered my services to show him a thing or two if he wanted to pick me up...hehehehehe. At about 12:00 I got sick of fighting the wind and rain and called it a day. On the way out someone asked me if I would give a few heart felt comments to guys in the tourni at the weigh-in. Here's what I said in regards to the frustration on a tough day and the sacrifice all the anglers gave in the wind and rain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

After that I shared some barbeque with the guy and lady sitting in front of me in the video and then went home. It's still real to me, dammit.

huskerrod

Stormcrow
02-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Yes it was the Top Stick this weekend. A two day tournament.

SEA ADDICTION
02-28-2010, 06:37 PM
wow sounds like you were a die hard today. At least you caught something. What was the big fish today do you know? That BBZ boat has been out for like a week staight it seems. Is he the inventor of the BBZ bait? At least you got out. Was anyone fishing stripers from the popular shoreline area?

HuskerRod
02-28-2010, 07:01 PM
The BBZ boat does indeed belong to the inventor.

A guy half heartidly threw threw big baits for about 10-minutes in the popular spot and either got blown away by the wind and rain or decided to call it a day. Either way I didn't see him again. I tried a few casts, but it was backlash city as my baits went straight up in the air and dang near landed behind me as the wind caught them. It was an adventure, lets put it that way. Tubing in gail force winds is the funnest though especially when both poles get snagged up, your hamstring cramps up leaving you withering in pain, and you got to take a leak so bad your eyes start watering. All I needed was to get put in a straight jacket and I could have charged admission to see a "magic show escape" to the guys in the tourni at the weigh in under the big top. Try getting out of that jam, Hoodini.

GdHkSet1
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
HuskerRod

I definitely applaud your efforts on attacking the water in that weather on Sat, but man as I was changing out the water pump on the tahoe, all i could think about was fishing. Yep, the BBZ boat should have tookin up your offer!

Rick Grover
02-28-2010, 07:50 PM
the BBZ boat did just fine without you. Bill fished alone the first day and lead the field with 25.03lbs for 5 fish. Then today had his regular partner Troy Lintner [Al Lintner of tv fame's son] for the day and weighed an even bigger 26.75 lbs to win that Tournament with a total of 51.78 and a cool $6600.00. Should have walked the bank and watched him. Great stick. Rick G.

HuskerRod
02-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Al Linder has a son??? And his son is partners with Bill? I figured those guys (Lindners) only fished Walleyes up north. Next your gonna tell me Doug Stange was in charge of the barbeque.

I kept an eye on Bill and looked like he was following the proper protocol out there for successful bass fishing. Besides, 26.75 pounds for a lifetime, ahh, I mean day of bass fishing is a job well done in my book. Watching and critiquing bill I might have done a few things differently, but that is just knit picking. Bill did just fine without my tutalidge. I'm sure in the future if he wants my advice he will ask.....hehehehe. Bill If your reading this I'm easy to find. I'm usually standing on the bank or in a rental boat where the fish aren't wearing a red Husker hat with droole running out of his mouth watching everyone else catch fish....and again...hehehehehehehe

Fishbones
02-28-2010, 08:49 PM
sounds like over all it was tough fishin....but ...you beat the skunk...good job.