PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe Catfish Friday 2/26

Cartman
02-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I have been visiting Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area regularly and putting in lines. Tried for carp, catfish, and drop-shotting worms for bass, but nothing. Got the skunk every time.

I went there early Friday morning fishing for carp. An hour later I got a hit. I assummed it was a carp, and boy was I susprised when I pulled in a nice catfish. Oh well, fishing for carp and catfish are very similar. So I toss it out again, and an hour later I have another cat, bigger than the first. By 10:00 I had caught three catfish. I let each one go after taking a picture. But no carp. I kept fishing and told myself I would leave at 2:00. Five minutes til 2 I caught l number four. Four catfish each bigger than the one before. I guess catfish like carp bait...better than carp do.

I have photos but they are too large. I will try to figure that out.

old pudd fisher
02-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Try to figure it out, would like to see them. Nice catch.

catfish 17
03-01-2010, 02:57 PM
I have been visiting Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area regularly and putting in lines. Tried for carp, catfish, and drop-shotting worms for bass, but nothing. Got the skunk every time.

I went there early Friday morning fishing for carp. An hour later I got a hit. I assummed it was a carp, and boy was I susprised when I pulled in a nice catfish. Oh well, fishing for carp and catfish are very similar. So I toss it out again, and an hour later I have another cat, bigger than the first. By 10:00 I had caught three catfish. I let each one go after taking a picture. But no carp. I kept fishing and told myself I would leave at 2:00. Five minutes til 2 I caught l number four. Four catfish each bigger than the one before. I guess catfish like carp bait...better than carp do.

I have photos but they are too large. I will try to figure that out.

what bait were you using?i mean if you don't mind.

boxl0bster
03-02-2010, 02:07 AM

do you ever fish?

congrats on the great day at santa fe. thanks for the report. i need to get out there and give it a try again soon.

blackberg
03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
he just asks about it, lol,
where you on shore or ?

nice going on the cats

-bb

BrandonFish
03-02-2010, 11:30 AM
do you ever fish?

congrats on the great day at santa fe. thanks for the report. i need to get out there and give it a try again soon.

There are many different carp baits out there besides corn unless you didn't know that. Its a simple question he asked and you get all over it.

Good job on those cats Ive read a few reports on Santa Fe Dam and this is the first i read about some one catching nice work out there

Cartman
03-04-2010, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=old pudd fisher;435288]Try to figure it out, would like to see them. Nice catch.[/QUOTE

This is my first attempt at posting pics. I just got my internet access back after losing it last Sunday. The cats are not giant, but nice. There are four pics because I let them all go after taking their pictures.

Cartman
03-04-2010, 05:34 PM

The bait I was using was a corn based 16mm boilie basicly designed for catching carp.

Cartman
03-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Brandon. I was really surprised myself. I had fished there a lot because it was free, but I kept thinking each cat was going to be a carp.

old pudd fisher
03-04-2010, 08:09 PM
I seen them cartmam now I have to learn how to post pics.....Thanks .

BrandonFish
03-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks, Brandon. I was really surprised myself. I had fished there a lot because it was free, but I kept thinking each cat was going to be a carp.

lol nice fat cats

i was fishing carp in utah once was like at 2 am using night crawlers caught a cat ended up buying some chicken liver let it sit in the sun the whole day while fishing for trout in 1 of the billion lakes they have and caught some nice sized cats that night with the C.L fishing is full of surprizes

La-Califa
03-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm with you on the first part. Last three times I went there, Got the skunk. I had given up on Santa Fe. But you have reinvigurated my view on Santa Fe to try again... Thanks! Nice Cats!!