PDA

View Full Version : And on the 7th day the fish rested Lagoon 02-28-10

Ray Lopez
02-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Figured I'd give the lagoon a run this morning for a short time. I got to the lake at 3am this morning geared up with d/s arrons magic 7" and started casting out in the normal spot I've been fishing and nothing was happening. I worked back down into the red beds and kept casting. My buddy rich showed up around 4:15am and we both started hammering the shoreline. Nothing happening here either so i decided to move on up the shoreline towards the point thinking the fish might of moved deeper due to the storm yesterday. Casting out as far as possible for nadda. Then at about 4:45 My buddy Kurt showed up and we decided to move back towards the reeds before people really start showing up because i wanted to be there right as the sun was coming up.

I switch over to the lucky color Oxblood red flake. Then right as the sun peaked up over the mountains i get a tap tap tug. I swing back to set the hook feel some weight but then as i start to reel the fish shook the hook. Bummer!!!!!!

Moved south tossed out the hologram shad 5 1/2" curly tail, Nothing! Tossed out the MMIII 6" straight tail, Nothing!!!

Then it was 7:30am and i had to split due to some work i gotta take care of today in Burbank. Damn she was being easy for me all week but on the 7th day since the bite picked up the fish rested.

As i was taking off i noticed i believe it was robobass and Fireball kicking up the shoreline near the first spillway. Hope they do good there today. My buddy kurt is gonna stay the course today and keep hammering the lake. Gonna check in with him later to see if he found the magic color of the day.

I hope the bite rears it's ugly head back tomorrow since I'm gonna head out with my buddy Warren and show him the drop shot.

I should be at the lake around 5:30am or so on Monday.

P.S. goes to show ya sometimes the lagoon gives it up with ease, but just like a light switch it can just shut down. Have a feeling the fish moved into deeper water since all this week it has been cold so the surface temps might of changed a bit and drew the fish back to unreachable casting distance from the shore. Or possibly switched up on the color they want.

I'll figure it out tomorrow when i got a longer chance to slay.

Ray Lopez
02-28-2010, 08:46 AM
BTW this morniong right at day break i spotted and got a great shot of a baby muskrat that swam right next to me and my buddy rich right on shore. When i get back today i'll upload the pictures. Seems like the mommy had babies so thats why she has been spotted so much she's looking for food to feed her babies.

Fishbones
02-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I feel you bro...it seems they wernt in deep water either..
.cuz i was 1/2oz drop shottin...launching it out there with no luck as well...it might have been a color thing...
Goodluck...brotha...see ya soon...fishbones

M@M
02-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Looks like this trip, for the early bird the bass didn't take the worm!.... Nice report !... You know you'll get em next time!... GOOD TIMES!!........by the way if you need a meeting list for FA (Fishermen Anonymous) check with fishbones.....I just relasped.....:LOL:

trail blazer
02-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Stay after them ray,,,,,,,,,,,make them pay for the slow day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,VICTORY will be your,s

Ray Lopez
02-28-2010, 06:18 PM
I feel you bro...it seems they wernt in deep water either..
.cuz i was 1/2oz drop shottin...launching it out there with no luck as well...it might have been a color thing...
Goodluck...brotha...see ya soon...fishbones
yea i'm thinking either just lock jaw today or they moved onto the different color.

Looks like this trip, for the early bird the bass didn't take the worm!.... Nice report !... You know you'll get em next time!... GOOD TIMES!!........by the way if you need a meeting list for FA (Fishermen Anonymous) check with fishbones.....I just relasped.....:LOL:
Hello my name is Ray and i'm an addict.

Stay after them ray,,,,,,,,,,,make them pay for the slow day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,VICTORY will be your,s
Oh i will. I'm gonna be out there again tomorrow morning dark and early. Gonna give it a whole day try. Might stay all day into the dusk and see if maybe that night bite is key still. I just hope tomorrows bite improves from today. My buddy kurt stayed out there for a bit longer and got the skunk also.

Fishbones
02-28-2010, 08:30 PM
I will see you tomorrow ray...foe sho!!!

Fire Ball
02-28-2010, 08:47 PM
I was out there fishing with bassguy, so you probably saw us. Robo Bass's tube exploded so he wasn't out there! It was definitely a tough day out there today and I think it was because of the change drastic change in weather. Go check out my report. I am looking forward to see how you do tomorrow!

bassguy
02-28-2010, 08:51 PM
You have been killing them out there of late, unfortunalety the Lagoon has a way of humbling all of us. It was a beautiful day to fish, but the fish were tough to locate, and tougher to catch.

That was me fishing with Fire BAll heading towards the spillway, we fished together for the majority of the day.

We saw only 2 boats land a fish, both we're fishing with live crawdads. Another boat had 1 between them, and others we spoke with had the stripe down their back.

Looking forward to the meet up on March 20, should be a good time.

Ray Lopez
03-01-2010, 05:03 AM
You have been killing them out there of late, unfortunalety the Lagoon has a way of humbling all of us. It was a beautiful day to fish, but the fish were tough to locate, and tougher to catch.

That was me fishing with Fire BAll heading towards the spillway, we fished together for the majority of the day.

We saw only 2 boats land a fish, both we're fishing with live crawdads. Another boat had 1 between them, and others we spoke with had the stripe down their back.

Looking forward to the meet up on March 20, should be a good time.

yea i saw the both of ya as i was leaving. I left around 8am. fireball was just getting to the end of the rocks off that first small spillway. You were fishing just north of him. I was gonna yell out and say hi but i had to get going. Damn i was hoping to see you two throw up some slamming reports. Oh well guess it will be time for the worm parade. Gonna try out a bunch of different colors and possibly the Fat IKA seeing as they are keying in on the crayfish. I also got some creature baits but none seem to produce as well as a IKA.

Look for the post later today.

Fire Ball
03-01-2010, 09:58 AM
yea i saw the both of ya as i was leaving. I left around 8am. fireball was just getting to the end of the rocks off that first small spillway. You were fishing just north of him. I was gonna yell out and say hi but i had to get going. Damn i was hoping to see you two throw up some slamming reports. Oh well guess it will be time for the worm parade. Gonna try out a bunch of different colors and possibly the Fat IKA seeing as they are keying in on the crayfish. I also got some creature baits but none seem to produce as well as a IKA.

You should have said hi, lol. I might go today from shore later, but I doubt it. I am definitely looking forward to your report today. Do you fish those IKA's weightless or what?

Browntrouter
03-01-2010, 01:18 PM
I went out yesterday also from 3 to 6pm. Started out with the 4' oxblood with no luck. Figured they had seen enough from you in the pass week so I switched to a new product from owner bait. Tried out their bug in watermellon. Larger bait like the fat ika looked pretty cool but no bites. Switched to a dark cherry 4" worm had a few bites but nothing landed. Had to cast out with 3/8oz. I think they were out deeper also.

bassguy
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM

You should have yelled out at us. I was hoping for a good report as well, but no such luck. I'm curious how you do with Ika's, I have some, just don't have confidence in them.

What I really want to cocentrate on is football jigs, with a trailer, the more I read about jigs, I realize you have better odds of attracting quality fish. Unfortunately, i have to learn how to fish them, and what colors work best for the Lagoon.

It will turn around, we didn't meter fish is shallower water like last week, I definitely metered more fish in 40- 50 ' of water.

If nothing else is true, drop shotting Robos works at the Lagoon, also had to down size, to get the 2 fish I landed later in the day. I'll bring some Ika's on the 20th, lets see what we can get.

Socal Bassman
03-01-2010, 11:42 PM
You've been slaying 'em out there Ray. So, they had to regroup and put dropshotted Robo's at the top of the list of "Things not to bite". LOL. Seriously though, the rain on saturday most likely forced the fish to hunker down in cover or head for deeper water. Man, all this fish talk kinda makes me want to pull out the tube this weekend.

Ray Lopez
03-02-2010, 10:14 AM
You've been slaying 'em out there Ray. So, they had to regroup and put dropshotted Robo's at the top of the list of "Things not to bite". LOL. Seriously though, the rain on saturday most likely forced the fish to hunker down in cover or head for deeper water. Man, all this fish talk kinda makes me want to pull out the tube this weekend.

yea yesterday i was out and i caught one fish + one hit and they both were out as far as i could cast with maybe bringing it in a few feet so they are mos def deeper. Plus all the boats were fishing much deeper water yesterday too. I heard they were down to about 30 to 60 feet deep. We need a bit more warm weather for them bass to move back to the shallows