PDA

View Full Version : Ducting in the driving rain,,KPN lure saves the day

trail blazer
02-27-2010, 06:30 PM
8 pm last night i look out side and the moon is high and bright:Big Grin:,,,STRIPER FEVER set in instantly!!!,,,Called cutbait and he was feeling the same symptoms,,,,,,9 30 pm and we were rolling.

1/2 way to the north side of our duct waters it started to rain,,,not your average light valley rain,,,NO,,This was your FACE STINGING ,,20MILE AN HOUR WIND,,RAINING SIDEWAYS stuff,,,REALLY COOL,,LOL!!

Arived at the 1st set of gates with super high hopes,,,,walked over the hill and seen the gates,,CLOSED:mad:,,,SUCKS!!!!!! O well ,,we hit them anyway ,,, 30 minutes of throwing the LCs in the muddy water and nothing.

So we left there <SOAKED<<<<<< and headed back south to our usual stomping grounds,,,,11 30 and we were there ,,2nd spot,,,,light rain now and the gates were just starting to open:Big Grin:,,oOO YAAAAAAA.

We started throwing our usual LCs and BPS lures but the wind had picked up again to abought 20 or 25 miles an hr and it was almost impossible to to fish the shallower running lures so CUT BAIT switched to the KPN lure,,,,,Mine was still in the truck 400 yards away:Crying:.

Abought then that rain cought up with us again and it started pouring buckets again,,,,Now its raining sideways again and i look over at c,bait and he,s HOOKED UP!,,,Almost as soon as he switched to the kpn lure HE WAS ON,,,,And mine was 400 yards away in the truck,,,,,.

By now we are absolutely soaked,,,,BUT STILL WORKING IT,,LOL,,,,Super windy,,GIANT rain drops comming at us From what seem,d like all directions,,,,.

Cutbait gets his landed and starts throwing the kpn again and 2 or 3 casts later he,s HOOKED UP again,,,quick fight and that 1 shakes off.

By then weve had enough,,,,Its starting to rain even harder now and we just couldnt take it any more,,,so back to the truck we go.

Did manage a cpl pics of cutbait and his feesh during 1 of the rain lulls

Here,s cut bait with his rendition of<THE KISS OF DEATH>

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3175.jpg

Another pic,,,,same fish

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_3174.jpg

T,b came out of this one with a big ole SKUNK,,,,,Next time il have the KPN tied up and ready to go on my 2nd rod

Thanks
TRAIL BLAZER

yolo
02-27-2010, 06:40 PM
He thinks it's a stripper not a striper the way he's licking, lol :whistle: Man sounds like rough conditions. Saw the same thing this morning locally, howling wind and rain and got the big skunk too.

cutbait
02-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Had fun buddy.

Its funny. I was sittin there chuckin and crankin looking around at 1 am. Temp 50 degrees or so, in stingin rain, 20 MPH wind and thinkin. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else and how much fun it is to be out in the outdoors in the great US of A.. Lovin being an AMERICAN!!!! and slammin stripa's with buddies, solidifying friendships and creating memories.

Regarding the KPN, I know feel the peel can't say enough about it, but it saved our night from the skunk!

Heres a pic of the "bako" rain suit

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper/004.jpg

trail blazer
02-27-2010, 06:56 PM
LOL,,,,Glad you had those bags in there for the 1st spot,,,Makes me look like a HILLBILLY, LOL, i like it,,,BAKERSFIELD FROG TOGS,,.

Was great fishing with you bro AGAIN!!!!!!!,,,Cant wait till next time!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishbones
02-27-2010, 08:49 PM
thats my kinda fishing....good job guys....KPN to the rescue....NICE!!!

M@M
02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
.:Rain:.... All I can say is you guys are HARDCORE!! ......Nice report.... Glad you guys had a good time...:Singing In Rain:........... there must be something wrong with people that fish the duct!:LOL:

trail blazer
02-28-2010, 07:50 AM
.:Rain:.... All I can say is you guys are HARDCORE!! ......Nice report.... Glad you guys had a good time...:Singing In Rain:........... there must be something wrong with people that fish the duct!:LOL:

STRIPER JUNKIE,s,,,lol

kpn
02-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Beat the skunk anytime bro.
That's a nice Bako's rain suit. Please send me a link where to buy them :LOL::LOL::Envious:.

KPN.

trail blazer
02-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Beat the skunk anytime bro.
That's a nice Bako's rain suit. Please send me a link where to buy them :LOL::LOL::Envious:.

KPN.

Here kahn,,,The link will be found at WALL MART.COM,,,LOL

fishinone
02-28-2010, 05:47 PM
You guys are hardcore! Sounds like fun.

FINSMACKDOWN
02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
LOL,,,,Glad you had those bags in there for the 1st spot,,,Makes me look like a HILLBILLY, LOL, i like it,,,BAKERSFIELD FROG TOGS,,.

Was great fishing with you bro AGAIN!!!!!!!,,,Cant wait till next time!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see the BAKO BOYS a rollin again!
Scott i love the part where you say the trash bag makes you look like a HILLBILLY:LOL:.........REALLY,REALLY its the bag that makes you look like a HILLBILLY?............ whatever you say bro:Farmer:.........:ROFL:
But seriously glad to see ya back out there Scott n Mike

cutbait
02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Everybody makes fun of rednecks....

Until there car breaks down..

Right GLFTS?

trail blazer
02-28-2010, 07:21 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2879.jpg

How did this pic get in here,,LOL

Native Gal
02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Great read Bako Gents, you hardcore striper junkies.
Neither rain, sleet or snow keeps you guys away from the call of the striper.
Thanks for the post.

NG
:Big Grin:

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
NICE WORK mR 1800-CUTBAIT...Way ta get yo' KPN Slay Ooooon !

Wat ta go....good ta see you out and on some feesh : )

P.S.
Trailblazer.....I like the look....saweet !

Nice rainsuit : ) reminds me off old school days growin up...trashbags saved plenty o trips for me : )

Stay on em guys : )

Gary

P.S.
Mike...I feel sorry for that striper and what your doing to it !