PDA

View Full Version : whats on your fred hall show shopping list..........

FLYFISHING MD
02-27-2010, 02:36 PM
i whant a new avet reel to get ready for yellowtails at la jolla this summer....

samgann93
02-27-2010, 03:18 PM
stock up with owners, leadheads, and lead.

new abu garcia revo sx with free vendetta rod. possibly a 40lb reel.

Fire Ball
02-27-2010, 04:04 PM
stock up with owners, leadheads, and lead.

new abu garcia revo sx with free vendetta rod. possibly a 40lb reel.

The new Revo SX looks AMAZING! I really want one, but there is no way I can afford it, haha. You really get a free Vendetta if you buy one at Fred Hall?

Stormcrow
02-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Only one good thing on my shopping list:

BOOTH BABES!!!

samgann93
02-27-2010, 04:38 PM
ya you do. you can chose between a fenwick hmg or abu vendetta. it comes in the flyer they send out.

Troutman65
02-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Only one good thing on my shopping list:

BOOTH BABES!!!

And The Bongo girls . They still have them ?

That Dang Guy
02-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Calstar 60-100 trolling rod. Grips. Crimping tools. Leaders. Any misc cheap stuff.

Beer.

Sounds about right.

FLYFISHING MD
02-27-2010, 08:17 PM
beer top of the list :LOL:

Ambassadorhawg
02-27-2010, 08:26 PM
1) Putting down a deposit for our yearly houseboat trip
2) Putting down a deposit for our yearly May outter Channel Islands 2 day trip aboard the Ranger 85
3) MAYBE put down a deposit for a 5 day offshore trip for this Summer
4) Lure shopping

toolie25
02-27-2010, 09:48 PM
avet sx mc cast, seeker rod, deck boots, fighting belt, new polarized glasses, misc bass gear. Just got my taxes done, I'm ready to drop some serious coin! I can't wait!

fishntime
02-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Rods lots of Rods.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
02-28-2010, 08:28 AM
don't know...this will be my first trip to the show. i get most of my things i need at bass pro shop or wal-mart !!......but i could use a super strong fishing net...for flatheads !

the B.D.B.

hoytrecurver
02-28-2010, 01:59 PM
A new reel for my Clarus spinning rod. Looking at the Sedona 2500FD right now. Also starting to look at float tubes and have been looking at the Creek Company ODC 420. If I had the money then I would have gone for the Fish Cat 4.

Trout 1
02-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Dose anyone know if Lip RipperZ will be there this year?

Trout 1

samgann93
02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Yes lip ripperz will be there. Come by and say hey.

see you there.

Marley
02-28-2010, 07:39 PM
That guy who always has the big table full of wierd stuff like dental tools. I hope he's there; I need some fine picks for propane gas orifices. can.t find a brush small enough, not sure I want to try a welder's tip tool.
Oh, and some rod socks, gotta hang up some rods for a while, and some garlic for herbing my wigglers, I need the right ind of tackle box for small parts, won't know it until I see it.
And friends. Gotta find friends I haven't seen in awhile.
Oh, and I have to talk to the Phenix guys...

trollmiester
03-01-2010, 06:24 AM
every year the best bargin in town is the real small owner booth. Mosquite hooks in packs of fifty for a unbelievable price.They only sell these hooks and mire shad lures.Usualy thats all i buy. Also i put two smll water bottlesdin my jacket. their water is like three dollard, 2 for 50 cents at the 99 cent store.lolol

bsp
03-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Owner hooks, waders, irons, jerkbaits, swimbaits, lead (always awesome prices on lead there), probably a new pair of deck boots, and a few random items that I invariably buy because they look cool. Maybe some more LMB jigs, flipping plastics, and a 7:1 reel too.

IncredibleHuck
03-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Dose anyone know if Lip RipperZ will be there this year?

Trout 1

Yes sir! If you come by Thursday say hi!

fishtacomag
03-02-2010, 08:16 AM
jason--be sure to stop by the Fish Taco Chronicles booth and get a copy of the magazine with your big photo in it. And I am sure you will renew your subscription as always...and take advantage of all the stuff we are giving away....including your choice of a Fish Taco Chronicles t-shirt OR a Team 57 No Poachers t-shirt.
shawn

Jaysuuun
03-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Team 57 hoodies, anything for free, and anything on sale. :LOL:

IncredibleHuck
03-02-2010, 10:26 AM
jason--be sure to stop by the Fish Taco Chronicles booth and get a copy of the magazine with your big photo in it. And I am sure you will renew your subscription as always...and take advantage of all the stuff we are giving away....including your choice of a Fish Taco Chronicles t-shirt OR a Team 57 No Poachers t-shirt.
shawn

Shawn i'll definitely be stopping by. If I don't have time Thursday, i'll be there Sunday for sure.

murrieta angler
03-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Wellll,
It will be my first time going, so I'll just bring the company card...

bowler
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I getting my wife another kencor rod. And i am looking for some lures?

KDJ714
03-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Don"t have a list just go there and buy what I like. Do have to get 2 pole holders for my soon to retire wife. We will be going fishing a lot when she retires

Cangler
03-02-2010, 03:38 PM
It's my first and im really looking forward to going.The wife is meeting a GF so i'll have all Saturday afternoon there

the killa
03-02-2010, 03:56 PM
I just need shirts, maybe a couple pairs of Fishworks shorts....

Thursday and Friday I'll be at the Bite-On Garlic Booth.. Come by and introduce yourself....

bsp
03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Kind of building off the killa's post, I'll be at the Phenix booth on Saturday, so be sure to say hello if you're there.

Fisherman57
03-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Be sure to check out the TEAM 57 / FISHING NETWORK article and our full page ad in the
Spring Edition of Fish Taco Chronicles at the Fred Hall Show!

Shawn will also have the Team 57 "Report Poachers" t-shirts.......
and he may just throw one in for free with your subscription to Fish Taco Magazine!

Come by & see Team 57 in the main tackle aisle!
Bob Sands Tackle & Team 57 will be in spaces 935-945!

See you there!

fishfinder
03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Well lets see......$15.00 to get in.........$10.00 to park..............$45 for gas to get there.................$10 for food and drink...........I think I will stay home and spend $80 on basspro.com

fishtacomag
03-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Be sure to check out the TEAM 57 / FISHING NETWORK article and our full page ad in the
Spring Edition of Fish Taco Chronicles at the Fred Hall Show!

Shawn will also have the Team 57 "Report Poachers" t-shirts.......
and he may just throw one in for free with your subscription to Fish Taco Magazine!

Come by & see Team 57 in the main tackle aisle!
Bob Sands Tackle & Team 57 will be in spaces 935-945!

See you there!

57 We have Fish Taco Chronicle t-shirts AND the above mentioned Team 57 Poacher T-shirt...take your pick of these t-shirts along with about $100 more in product and coupons when you subscribe for $15. And even if you don't want to subscribe..Please come by and introduce yourself...would love to meet more Team 57 and FNN members.
PS--we just moved our booth yesterday--right after Dana helped me try to put a banner around a pillar. The nice People at Pure Fishing let me take part of thier booth and I am right behind the seminar boat in their booth.

Koontaj
03-03-2010, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=fishfinder;435944]Well lets see......$15.00 to get in.........$10.00 to park..............$45 for gas to get there.................$10 for food and drink...........I think I will stay home and spend $80 on basspro.com

That is so true, with my finacial status. I would rather wait and keep a look out for deals. I just got a calstar 800l for 150 and other items like, owner hooks, lures, tady, weights...Im ready for the summer. People tend to get to excited and buy stuff they dont need. Plus the beer makes everything look like a deal. This is my opinion, dont mean to offend the adverstisers

mybada
03-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I was hoping to get 40% off on Shimano Stella reels at the show...
Well, since that ain't happening, I might stay home this year. I need money badly.... :(

Bradakas
03-03-2010, 12:07 PM
How much are the owner pro packs/cultiva lures going for?

fisherman from long beach
03-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I getting my wife another kencor rod. And i am looking for some lures?

thats what i need to get my girl. her own pole,thats a step into the right direction.then get her catching some fish,then we can live happily ever after.

Santa Fe Eric
03-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Each year, I save all year for this show. There are weekends where I would normally order a pizza and I'll think, "Fred Hall Show". I'll then buy a Digiorno or cheap frozen pizza and pt the rest of the $20 I would have spent at Papa Johns in my Fred Hall Show Bucket.

The Fred Hall Show is more of an event than it is a shopping spree to me. I buy snacks and sit at the exhibits. I buy the Owner Hooks Trolley turned me onto. I check out all the new Kayaks and boats. I get literature on trips I'd like to take. I buy beef jerkey. I have gotten My Mike Gardner book autographed. I have found old collectible stuff that reminds me of childhood. This show is more fun to me than going to a concert or a play. If I find the right deal, I will buy a nice Spinning Rod for my NPH Spottie sessions. Otherwise, I'll come home from the show and buy the Cabela's Mag Touch Rod that is on clearance.
Lastly, it always falls on the week after my birthday. Therefore, Everyone in my family knows the term, "I want some WAM for Fred Hall". That is (WAM) Walking Around Money. Hope to se you all there! I will be the guy having fun!!!!!!!!!!
Dang! I just got another PayPal WAM deposit. Gotta go transfer funds!:Razz: