PDA

View Full Version : Tehachapi afterbay and nearby to the east - Aqueduct ? - Lancaster

sawoobley
02-27-2010, 01:10 PM
I just came across the "fairmont resirvoir" thread while searching for tehachapi afterbay. The subject came up and questions were asked so I decided to start a thread on it. It looks like the mother load of good fishing spots. There are a number of siphons and huge gates that look pretty nice.

You may try going to 300th street west and W ave B in Lancaster. Head north a few hundred feet on 300th st W and head west. Two to three miles later you should be able to turn right and head to the duct. On the east side there may be a few siphons. On the west/ north side are several other siphons and huge gates – A great place to explore!!!

If anyone lives close enough to explore this area let us know what you find! I would if I lived closer. I may go camping in that area in the summer and may check it out. We will see but there are so many spots to choose from.

:Cool:

Bassnman Mike
02-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I talked to someone who has fished the area you mentioned but he told me that it is fenced off and you need to know someone in order to fish it but I have not verified if that is really the case....... yet. I've been thinking about "Exploring" the area in search of my first Duct Striper

tpfishnfool
02-27-2010, 03:53 PM
OSO used to be fishable, but since 911 that place is tighter than a frogs arse. Good luck and let us know..

sawoobley
02-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Which part is fenced off? When you search for "Tehachapi afterbay, CA" in Google maps and look at it in satellite view it points to a part of the duct that bifurcates. To the south west the aqueduct leads to Quail Lake and to the east it leads to a large unnamed body of water with several siphons and at least one huge gate. That body of water leads to the duct that heads south to several siphons as it heads towards 300th street west.

Is it just fenced off at the afterbay? Is the large body of water to the east blocked off also? What about the siphons to the south of that body of water? How about the siphons that lead to Quail lake as well as the one on then northeast corner of it? There is quite a bit there to consider!

:Cool:

smokecdxx
02-27-2010, 05:27 PM
I have been planning on going there but one of my friends used to work for the water district and he said last time he was there there were signs posted around the after bay that said no fishing......but he is also the one that said he was down to hit it anyway haha

tpfishnfool
02-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Thats all part of OSO Power Plant. All closed off to all but the lucky fools who work for dwp.

smokecdxx
02-28-2010, 10:13 PM
That's lame!!!!!! well maybe my friend still talks to his old co-workers haha........I'll make sure to keep me fingers crossed.