PDA

View Full Version : What ,,2 striper fests a year????

trail blazer
02-27-2010, 12:02 PM
This is going out to the powers to be,,,,GLFS and T,O

Ever think abought 2 striper fests a yr???.

t,b

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-01-2010, 12:58 PM
YES....I have thought about it...

But….

We still need to schedule a STRIPER-BOWL…

but I've not discussed it with Bob as of yet.

But it needs to go down differently this year...as you well know superbowl weekend has come and gone and that was no accident..

but I don’t believe superbowl weekend was the optimum time for a good striper bite….

I’ve sat on this for the time being but me thinks a Striper-Bowl should occur next month…I’ll have to touch base with Bob as this particular event is his deal, I am just an assistant on that one…

BOB ?

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-02-2010, 09:21 AM
I will add that I'll request that anyone intersted in attending the Striper-BOWL 2010 please chime in here and state your thoughts

FISHSTIX
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
it would depend on the date for me but how bout every 6 months like march/september?

Ray Lopez
03-02-2010, 11:25 AM
been wondering when this was gonna happen.

Lets get it going.

Plus yea the striper bowl was a slow time for the jail birds.

Lets put them on during the best months for striper fishing.

I also agree that a duel striper fest would be awesome. Possibly doing it as a grandmaster of striper by the total combined weight from both striper fests. Sort of like a legends event on our wonderful lake.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM

Lets get it going.

I also agree that a duel striper fest would be awesome. Possibly doing it as a grandmaster of striper by the total combined weight from both striper fests. Sort of like a legends event on our wonderful lake.
This get’s me thinking…
I think this is how we’ll work the striper-FEST (not bowl-again that’s Bob’s deal)

Me thinks a duel event is a good idea but with a nice competitive twist.

The regular striper-FEST will be held as we did last year.

As an open competition and an OVERNIGHT EVENT with camping and after event raflfle etc. held mid September ‘ish structured around a solid striper bite but a few weeks earlier into the bite than last year.

NOW with that being said, the 2nd tier will take place as a “Masters” event so to speak.

We’ll take the top 20 competitors’ weight’s from that event and have a fish off type of event with a “Striper-FEST” Master’s trophy etc.

I think this approach could be fun and gives everyone a great chance…

I think I’ll lock this ideology in stone unless the masses here online don’t wish to participate in such an event.

Again I’ll make it clear that the 1st STRIPER-FEST tier/competition will be held as last years without any change other than the top 20 qualifiers will advance to a Master’s elimination round to be held 2-3 weeks afterwards.

Chime in everyone and let me know what you think.

Again, I’ll need to have Bob (Trout only) chime in as to the future of Striper_BOWL.

Let me know how you all feel about the Striper-FEST’s after all, I throw these events to ensure everyone has a good time and everyone has a say in how it’s run

Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-02-2010, 12:07 PM

Lets get it going.

This get’s me thinking…
I think this is how we’ll work the striper-FEST (not bowl-again that’s Bob’s deal)

Me thinks a duel event is a good idea but with a nice competitive twist.

The regular striper-FEST will be held as we did last year.

As an open competition and an OVERNIGHT EVENT with camping and after event raflfle etc. help mid September ‘ish structured around a solid striper bite but a few weeks earlier into the bite than last year.

NOW with that being said, the 2nd tier will take place as a “Masters” event so to speak.

We’ll take the top 20 competitors’ weight’s from that event and have a fish off type of event with a “Striper-FEST” Master’s trophy etc.

I think this approach could be fun and gives everyone a great chance…

I think I’ll lock this ideology in stone unless the masses here online don’t wish to participate in such an event.

Again I’ll make it clear that the 1st STRIPER-FEST tier/competition will be held as last years without any change other than the top 20 qualifiers will advance to a Master’s elimination round to be held 2-3 weeks afterwards.

Chime in everyone and let me know what you think.

Again, I’ll need to have Bob (Trout only) chime in as to the future of Striper_BOWL.

Let me know how you all feel about the Striper-FEST’s after all, I throw these events to ensure everyone has a good time and everyone has a say in how it’s run

There will be 2 trophy’s again for the 1st tier’s winner’s, those trophy’s will switch hand’s to each years winner’s as noted in the last competition.

The 2nd tier’s event will not be an overnight event and no raffle to follow the event.

Gary

fishinone
03-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Did we keep records of the weights from all of the competitors?

What do we do with second seaters?

FishINone

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
No i'm not suggesting doing it based off last years finishing weights....THIS YEARS...

Not sure what you mean by "What do we do with second seaters?" and how that applies..

Basically, THIS YEARS top 20 weights would go into a final separate competition ...held 2-3 weeks AFTER striper-FEST 2010 (slayed 'em last year and we'll do it again !)
Ha ha ha..

We'll still have the regular winners and festivities as before, we are just potentially doing a final round of top contenders..

Last years attendance was over 50 people, judging by the success of last years event, I would guess there will be a bigger turnout this year...

I again want to encourage people to stay on and camp this year and have even more fun afterwards...

I'll start a Striper-Fest 2010 post as we get more near that time frame.

AT THIS TIME, we need to get Bob to chime in on how he wants to do a Striper-BOWL.....that would give us out 2 event spit into 2 different time frames per year...

I'll call Bob tonight but it's always hard to get hold of him..

Calling Bob....Calling Bob !

You out there ?

fishinone
03-02-2010, 02:55 PM
By second seaters, I mean the people who fish with us in our boats.

Would the second contest be for boats or teams that qualify or for individuals only?

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-02-2010, 03:12 PM
By second seaters, I mean the people who fish with us in our boats.

Would the second contest be for boats or teams that qualify or for individuals only?

This is all individual oriented events and honorable, we are trusting that throughout any of these events no one takes anyone elses catch and latches it onto their own (not suggesting you've done that)

A boat can have as many anglers as they wish but the final competition would boil down to the individual with the qualifying weight...that doesn't mean they need to go out on their own though for the masters...they could have others fish with them but again with honor..

fishinone
03-02-2010, 03:42 PM
This is all individual oriented events and honorable, we are trusting that throughout any of these events no one takes anyone elses catch and latches it onto their own (not suggesting you've done that)

A boat can have as many anglers as they wish but the final competition would boil down to the individual with the qualifying weight...that doesn't mean they need to go out on their own though for the masters...they could have others fish with them but again with honor..

I'm into the honor thing Gary.

About as far as I'm willing to go is holding the fish out so that it appears larger.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Giant/018_15A.jpg

cutbait
03-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Did we keep records of the weights from all of the competitors?

What do we do with second seaters?

FishINone

Only one weight worth recording

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper/Striper028.jpg

fishinone
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Only one weight worth recording

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper/Striper028.jpg

That's a nice stringer. Where did you get it? Did Gary give those to you?

OK, seriously you are the :Worship:Champion:Worship:.

bones
03-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I bet you fish with bowler!

I vote Geordy,bowler and Gary for the half time show.

spoon2610
03-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Im in but i aint got a boat. I got gas money tho LOL.... count me in.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I bet you fish with bowler!

I vote Geordy,bowler and Gary for the half time show.
Is that funny ? ohh yeah...ok it's supposed to be

trail blazer
03-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Sure do hope i can make the next S/F,,,,,

Just so i can show off T H I S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2879.jpg

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Sure do hope i can make the next S/F,,,,,

Just so i can show off T H I S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh it's On !...I will be gunning for you SCOTT !......oh yeah....I can smell the competition already....

or....maybe I just farted

Again a nice huge congratulatory nod to you buddy, that was a sweet win (nice trophy too )

trail blazer
03-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Ohhh it's On !...I will be gunning for you SCOTT !......oh yeah....I can smell the competition already....

or....maybe I just farted

Again a nice huge congratulatory nod to you buddy, that was a sweet win (nice trophy too )

oOOOOOO EXACTLY,,,,,,The trophy i mean,,,,,,I wasn,t GLOATING at ALLL abought my striper fest,heaviest stringer V I C T O R Y!
Noooo not at all,,,,,I just wanted everybody to see the QUALITY and WORKMANSHIP That went into the making of such a PRIZED and sought after AWARD.

Here,,,,,This is what it looks like on my fireplace mantle

Ooo Thats right,,,,youv all ready seen it ,,,,,,.

So i say to EVERYBODY who reads this thread,,,,,,,Cmon out to the next STRIPER FEST,,,,,GREAT FUN/GREAT PEOPLE/GREAT FISHING/,,,,And a great chance to watch the BAKO BOYZ
put another WOOPIN on GLETEMFEELSTEELGARY

oooOOOOOYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TRAIL BLAZER

PS,,,,,That trophy is going to look great on my mantle after the next striper fest also!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Ohhh come on now Scott, your gonna’ have to do better than that if you want to wind me up !

I’m not trembling …that trophy will be near my fireplace this year…

Of course I could just go back to the trophy vendor and duplicate it and come visit you in your barn out in Bako and conveniently slip and fall by the mantle and crush that Lucite masterpiece….leaving me with the only existing copy….heh hehh hehh…..

NOW….
Don’t make me break out my ol’ trusty beer can and fishing line method this year….

It’s my secret weapon….

Drink

Wind line on (while you tie one on)

Cast

Catch da winning feesh

You should see Trollmeisters version of this….but I believe he has forgotten about the fishing part of that equation

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Ohhh come on now Scott, your gonna’ have to do better than that if you want to wind me up !

I’m not trembling …that trophy will be near my fireplace this year…

Of course I could just go back to the trophy vendor and duplicate it and come visit you in your barn out in Bako and conveniently slip and fall by the mantle and crush that Lucite masterpiece….leaving me with the only existing copy….heh hehh hehh…..

NOW….
Don’t make me break out my ol’ trusty beer can and fishing line method this year….

It’s my secret weapon….

Drink

Wind line on (while you tie one on)

Cast

Catch da winning feesh

You should see Trollmeisters version of this….but I believe he has forgotten about the fishing part of that equation

kpn
03-04-2010, 03:20 PM
BRING IT ON GUYS!!!!! I'll take that trophy from you Bako boys this year.....HA.....:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:.

KPN.

cutbait
03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Here is a pic of Feel the squeeeeeelllll at the striper fest....

Notice Scott and I are pretty much done fishin late in the afternoon cause we were just so dog gone worn out from literally catching dozens of fish...

Gary seems like he was looking for number 3? or was it number 4 at this point???

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper/Striper026.jpg

Keep in mind, when we rolled up to these guys Hiro was nowhere to be seen. Then up pops his head from the bottom of the boat... HMMMM????

trail blazer
03-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Its already been written in STONE,,,,,,BAKO BOYZ will OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,A G A I N!!!!!!!