PDA

View Full Version : Lake perris throwing the hudd with lots of boils

Fishbones
02-27-2010, 12:37 AM
So myself a unnamed fishing accomplice and his friend headed to lake perris for the trout plant today.
We arrived at noon to the double docks to find that they just dumped them in an hour and a half ago.
There were plenty of shore fisherman picking off these stupid little trout that ate anything like always.
upon setting up my unnamed fishing accomplice and his friend begin to hammer the trout like a wide open mackrel bite...they were everywhere jumping off the hook left and right as it seemed.
I tried for a minute with no luck cuz that wasnt my intention that day. My intention was to throw my Hudd at anything that moves on the water and throw i did. I walked over to the left of the double docks and fished the point for a while with no sign of boils or missed bites or hook ups i headed back over to the docks. As i walk up i hear the sound...."splash..splash" and look up to see a trout swimming-flying out the water with something chasing it...that got my blood pumping big time so i launched my shimano 9' Teramar loaded up with 25lb and the big rainbow hudd right on top of it gave it the twitch like an injured trout i slow and fast cranked it with no luck. this happened about five times with no luck or hits still.
i kinda get frustrated and look over to my budds just slaying the trout and curse a few words to my self...cuz there was nothing more than i wanted than to hook a pig striper or moss back..
so i try at the hole stupid stocker trout thing for a minute but still no love...i got 1 bite and thats it..argh.
back to the hudd...along the docks ..between the docks..on top of the patrol boat..lol woops...got it back
phew...this continued for a while more. the coolest thing and closest i got to a bite was when i launched my hudd right before it hit the water a trout jumps out skipping across with water with a big boil close behind.. it was almost time to leave and i see one of my buddies baited poles get bit and set the hook and land a trout....yea..skunk off...i guess..lol the clock struck 3 and it was time to go plus the boys were limited out. All in all it was a great day period, i sure wish i could have at least got bite or missed one but thats why its called fishing not catching o well i will just keep launching the hudd and never give up till hook up........fishbones...sorry no pics..

fisherman from long beach
02-27-2010, 07:07 AM
a alex the pigs seem a lil harder and need a lil more devotion.but you'll get that dd.for the lil time that ive know you ,you will be back at.probably in the rain as i type.lol.good luck bro

Stormcrow
02-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Hey bro, you were doin' ok. You see...you were actually fishing, those other guys were "gathering" hahahaha

Hey man, next time when there is gonna be a trout plant send me a P.M. and we will go throw Hudds together.

Newfishsmell
02-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey Fishbones I gotta give you props, you stuck to the game plan bro !!!
I know dude I know , I wussed out and went for the easy pickens(trout).
A next time I promise to leave the back up plan at home(trout gear)and
stick to the game plan .

Fishinnut
02-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Fishbones, you never know how it's gonna go down when you throw those big swimbaits and I'd rather spend my time fishing for a hog. When they plant those trout the pindulum can swing both ways; that piggy's gonna be there oneday and like StromCrow said if you need somone else to keep you company feel free to hit me up anytime.

Fishbones
02-27-2010, 10:47 AM
a alex the pigs seem a lil harder and need a lil more devotion.but you'll get that dd.for the lil time that ive know you ,you will be back at.probably in the rain as i type.lol.good luck bro

you know me well bro ...lol...im heading to the goon today for some rain bass...hopefully that DD

Hey bro, you were doin' ok. You see...you were actually fishing, those other guys were "gathering" hahahaha

Hey man, next time when there is gonna be a trout plant send me a P.M. and we will go throw Hudds together.

LoL yeah right ...i agree...and a pm will be in order for sure nextime stormcrow.

Hey Fishbones I gotta give you props, you stuck to the game plan bro !!!
I know dude I know , I wussed out and went for the easy pickens(trout).
A next time I promise to leave the back up plan at home(trout gear)and
stick to the game plan .

thanks buddy...it wasnt easy to get skunked and see a wfo trout bite goin on and keep hudding it.

Fishbones, you never know how it's gonna go down when you throw those big swimbaits and I'd rather spend my time fishing for a hog. When they plant those trout the pindulum can swing both ways; that piggy's gonna be there oneday and like StromCrow said if you need somone else to keep you company feel free to hit me up anytime.

Thanks fishinnut...it wasnt a planned trip...just came up within a hour and we were there....but nextime i plan on heading over there i will feff PM and like to fish with you guys for sure...

kpn
02-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Alex,
Props to you to stuck to your game plan bro. You'll get what you're looking for :Wink:.
Perris is where I got my PB LMB @ 12lbs on a 2lbs test :Wink:....What a fight!!!
Just my 2 cents.....Next time cast pass the boils.....you'll get more action that way.

KPN.

Fishbones
02-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Alex,
Props to you to stuck to your game plan bro. You'll get what you're looking for :Wink:.
Perris is where I got my PB LMB @ 12lbs on a 2lbs test :Wink:....What a fight!!!
Just my 2 cents.....Next time cast pass the boils.....you'll get more action that way.KPN.

Thanks khahn... i know....i will work for my pig...as long as i have to....
12lb bucket on 2lb...WOW Nice job bro...
I was casting as far as i could and it landed right on top of them
when we fish with each other for the first time you will see that i can cast really far too...

M@M
02-28-2010, 09:18 AM
I can't keep up with all your post!!... .....I missed you at the last FA ...meeting....you must of been fishing ......remember the first step is to admit you have a problem...
keep the reports coming it's good for your recovery!! :LOL:

fishmounter
02-28-2010, 10:22 AM
You should have tried other brands of swimbaits. Also the Largemouths and Stripers go after the weaker, dying trout that could not handle the shock of being netted, trucked and dumped into the lake. These stockers are way easier for predators to catch, especially in the cold water. Try a bait that sinks and let it lie on the bottom with some rod twitches and pulls, making it look like a trout trying to survive. Sounds like you gave it a good try though.

Fishbones
02-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I can't keep up with all your post!!... .....I missed you at the last FA ...meeting....you must of been fishing ......remember the first step is to admit you have a problem...
keep the reports coming it's good for your recovery!! :LOL:

I am a fishoholic and i know i have a problem and im doing something about it...
im feeding it...lol ... FISH OR DIE!!!
thanks mike

You should have tried other brands of swimbaits. Also the Largemouths and Stripers go after the weaker, dying trout that could not handle the shock of being netted, trucked and dumped into the lake. These stockers are way easier for predators to catch, especially in the cold water. Try a bait that sinks and let it lie on the bottom with some rod twitches and pulls, making it look like a trout trying to survive. Sounds like you gave it a good try though.

Thanks for the tips Fishmounter...this hole swim bait thing is new to me..kinda..i mean its a little different than fishing swim baits in the kelp for calicos...the difference is the cost...hahaha..ive been kinda sketchy to sink and bounce my hudds, cuz the price and so far i only own hudds but i did it at the lagoon and im starting to get my fear of losing it over and hopefully it will pay off with a DD.....fishbones

ToadsToadsOnly
03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Fishbones you'll get them eventually when I first started swimbait fishing I was torn between throwing the big bait and catching the schooled up trout after the stock. But after you stick a few you will have the confidence to stick it out with the swimbait no matter what is biting. I go days sometimes without even a tick but when I get that thump on the swimbait boy its always worth the effort. I'm not an expert by any means throwing the swimbait but when they stock the local lakes and the bass are boilingI always stick it out with the super slow roll with the 8in hudd rof 5. Cast it out let it sink to the bottom wait..... then reel as slow as you can without hanging the bottom. Make sure you rig your hudd with the hooks on top when fishing from the shore.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/hawg%20bass/IMG_0017-2.jpg

It is hard sometimes to reel that slow when the bass are boiling around you and your adrenaline is pumping but thats what gets me bit.

Fishbones
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Fishbones you'll get them eventually when I first started swimbait fishing I was torn between throwing the big bait and catching the schooled up trout after the stock. But after you stick a few you will have the confidence to stick it out with the swimbait no matter what is biting. I go days sometimes without even a tick but when I get that thump on the swimbait boy its always worth the effort. I'm not an expert by any means throwing the swimbait but when they stock the local lakes and the bass are boilingI always stick it out with the super slow roll with the 8in hudd rof 5. Cast it out let it sink to the bottom wait..... then reel as slow as you can without hanging the bottom. Make sure you rig your hudd with the hooks on top when fishing from the shore.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/hawg%20bass/IMG_0017-2.jpg

It is hard sometimes to reel that slow when the bass are boiling around you and your adrenaline is pumping but thats what gets me bit.

Thanks alot ToadsToadsOnly. I already got my mind trained to slow wind it and im almost over thinking about what if lose it cuz i dont care.. as long as it pays of, so now i just have to prepair for the bite and hopefully cross some eyes...fishbones