PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried these drop shot hooks "standout drop shot

Ray Lopez
02-26-2010, 10:01 PM
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Standout_Drop_Shot_Hook_Black_Nickel/descpage-STADDSH.html

they looks pretty cool and it's a decent concept. Might buy some and give them a shot.

Fire Ball
02-26-2010, 10:07 PM
I have seen them, but they just look way too funky for me to buy, lol. Tell me how they work if you do end up trying them.

Fishbones
02-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Not yet......but i will on monday..."wink"wink"...lol

really cool looking and i think they will totally work....its in the mathematics of the hook

Socal Bassman
02-26-2010, 11:07 PM
I hardly have any problems with how I rig my drop shot to warrant buying a new style hook. I agree with Fire Ball, they look too funky.

a biley
02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
yeah I tried it and it works...

Fishbones
02-26-2010, 11:45 PM
The key words are straight and perpendicular....
which will keep the baits in an upright position....
and will lead to more bites and better hook ups.......

i like them and think they are the hook of the future...

Thisfool
02-27-2010, 12:03 AM
they confused me. i need to see some one tie one on there line before i even know what im looking at. im a lil slow like that i need to be shown how stuff works sometimes just reading isnt enough

calico killer kevin
02-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I've seen tem but won't try them. IMO, the whole point of a DS rig is to be finesse. This hook totally defeats the purpose. To get the hook straight, all you have to do it rethread the line point-side up and nose hook the worm.

Nessie Hunter
02-27-2010, 07:11 AM
I tried them. They do work OK as stated in the add....

I had a hard time getting the knot tied?? Just couldnt get coordinated tying to the loop..
After tying in the eye for so long, you dont have to hold the hook, with these you do have to hold the hook steady and/or it just falls off the line as you tie...

Could have just been my spastic self & being uncoordinated ???

Also the profile is on the large side and I just stopped using them... Dropped a lot of hooks while tying and just gave up...