PDA

View Full Version : The Wall 7/11

LBCBaller
07-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Decided to launch the boat so that it sits properly on the trailer and hit up the wall for an hour or so. Got to the wall around 8:15 pm and fished until 9:30. Noticable swell, but not much wind. Remind you that this is not a fishing boat, just 18' pleasure boat, so any swell seems noticable to us. Fished the inside kelp for nothing and then dared to go on the outside where it seemed it could have broken wide open if we were to stay there longer. Only was able to land 1 sandie while my bro landed 1 also, got hit every time on the drop. Fished 5" Big Hammer swimbaits on 3/4 ounce yellow lead head. Got back to the dock and properly loaded the trailer right and was out around 10.

Will be staying up in Bishop this weekend and will do as much fishing as I can. I'll report as soon as I get back.

ThanksKK
07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Decided to launch the boat so that it sits properly on the trailer

I hear you. Yesterday i picked up my boat after the shop did some work on it and I took it to newport to "test" it. - ended up fishing for a few hours.

Wildhorse1966
07-12-2007, 05:25 PM
good job ..

i was ready to fish the wall last night and at the last minute when i was hooking up the trailer i called my friends to make sure they were going and they decided not to go and my trip was cancelled :cry: its too hard to fish the wall by myself not to mention launching it and loading it myself :cry:

baloneysandwich
07-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Well if you have the problem of nobody to fish with again I would be glad to help you out....

I am shure that plenty of others on the board would feel the same.