PDA

View Full Version : Clear lake quickie...

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-25-2010, 05:43 PM
FIRST STOP WAS THE WASH WITH DANNY300, MET UP AT 1AM FOR A QUICK NINJA SLAY..OR SO WE THOUGHT, THE BITE WAS NILL TO NONE..WE HIT ALL THE HOT SPOTS WE COULD THINK OF THAT THE RAIN WATER DIDN'T SWALLOW UP..AFTER DANNY'S FRUSTRATION OF NOT GETTING AT LEAST A HIT HE OPTED OUT TO LEAVE, THIS WOULD BE HIS MAISTAKE LATER ON. SO DANNY LEFT ABOUT 3:30AM I TOSSED A FEW OF EVERYTHING FOR ABOUT 10 MIN WITH NADA. HEADED TO THE TRUCK WITH AN ULTRA STENCH OF SKUNKNESS DANNY AND I GOT AT THE WASH THAT NIGHT..STILL ITCH FOR A BASS B*7C#EN, I SPED OUT TO CLEAR LAKE TO HIT IT BEFORE THE GROUNDS KEEPER SHOWS AND SECOND CAST IN LANDED A DINK THAT BEAT THE SKUNK SMELL..WORKED EVERYTHING ON A 5FT OUT AND 45 ANGLE. THEN WHAMO LANDED THIS BEAUTY..BIG GIRL WAS SITTING ON THE ***** PART , THEN PROCEEDED TO THE ********* WHERE I WAS WELCOMED BY THIS FAT GIRL... TRIED TO MAKE TO THE ****** OF CLEAR LAKE BUT I HEARD THE LAWN MOWERS MAKIN IT'S WAY TO THE LAKE..SO I BAILED OUT OF THERE...

B*G*H 3....1 DINK..1-5.6...1-7.3
DANNY*300....SKUNK, NO WORRIES DOG HERE'S A PIC WHEN YOU USED TO CATCH FISH..HAHAHHA:Twisted:
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/002-1.jpg
HERE'S THE CLEAR LAKE FAT GIRLS..
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/019.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/020.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/021.jpg
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/023.jpg
THIS PIC IS FROM THE WASH WHEN THE BITES WERE GOOD..ANOTHER NIGHT ON SPOOKS.
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/001-2.jpg

skylarjames2009
02-25-2010, 09:09 PM
I knew I should of shot it out there instead I went to that water basin in West Covina and got a huge scunk not a single hit. That place is cool I am going to float tube it next time place is super steep. Nice fattie from clear lake I just got back from making echo park run during sunset on my way home stopped at Allverado Park I was always wondering if theres any bass in there I know theres Catfish and Carp. I only tryed for about half hour cause people were trippin on me out threre white and all. Thanks for the good times Motto. AKA Wash King

old pudd fisher
02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
West Covina water basin...Hummm thats a new one for me. Give me a pm about it if you have time, thanks. Have you ever fished that small pond at Grand and the 10 freeway in West Covina.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-25-2010, 10:16 PM
West Covina water basin...Hummm thats a new one for me. Give me a pm about it if you have time, thanks. Have you ever fished that small pond at Grand and the 10 freeway in West Covina.

hahahahaha...don;t mind me...

old pudd fisher
02-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Be nice BGH!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Be nice BGH!

Sorry o*p*d, it wasn't ment that way,,you guys are talkin bout the same spot..have you had any luck there?

Fishinnut
02-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Nice fish B.G.H and Danny, hit me up guys I'd love to fish that spot with ya and take you to a few of my favorite places too.

That Water Bassin:
I use to fish that place 20 years ago but DWP which owns it decided to take all the water out of it and all the fish got poached out or they began to die (It was a sad sight). That place use to have some really beautiful fish in it. Glad to hear that they have put water back in it and maybe there's good fishing. I will need to check this out!!!
Years back we called the place "The Holiday".

skylarjames2009
02-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the update looks like theres no fish in there I didnt get a single hit and through all my favorite baits even one midwest trick with tubeworms nothing I wanted to float tube it its pretty steep and it kills the toes but I guess thats a waste of time

carpanglerdude
02-26-2010, 11:50 PM
No fish there? sucks. Looks so promising, sheesh.
What's DWP?

old pudd fisher
02-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes it does look like a fishy place and still think it is but off limits to public. It is in control of the Department Of Water and Power....DWP.

Fishinnut
02-27-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm sure there are fish in there because of the possibilty of insect infestation (primarily mosquitoe) and the spread of various diseases like the bird flu. Usuually DWP will place an entire ecosystem in a body of water they plan on keeping water in for a long period of time. It just may be the time of year when those fish are spawning,or it could be a variable of reason why the bite is dead, but I'm pretty sure if they have water in there they have some fish place in there (bass, cat fish, perch etc..). I've fished other water containment facilities they have and certain times of the year (primarily when they spawn) the bite is very very tuff. DWP will lower and raise their water levels of places like this and the fish just freak out sometimes.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I agree wit you fishnut, I remember back when we had a potluck at fairmont and met skyler, one of the most informed angler I know. He told me and the others of the dwp dropping fish in waters for the same reason. That's why I look at every part of water as potential moss fishery...

bowler
02-27-2010, 11:28 PM
I knew I should of shot it out there instead I went to that water basin in West Covina and got a huge scunk not a single hit. That place is cool I am going to float tube it next time place is super steep. Nice fattie from clear lake I just got back from making echo park run during sunset on my way home stopped at Allverado Park I was always wondering if theres any bass in there I know theres Catfish and Carp. I only tryed for about half hour cause people were trippin on me out there white and all. Thanks for the good times Motto. AKA Wash King

I have fished the West Covina place before i got bass, bluegill,crap and some strange fish there. I have the pic of the strange fish i need to put it on here so you can see it. The best time to fish that place is when the water is coming in the bass like to hang out there if there is any left in there. The last time i was there the comnerants in there and took out all the fish that was few year back. There is another place in west covina that i have been fishing in there but i have not been there in a few years too. Both you have to be careful not to get caught. Here are a few bass and crappie from the other place in west covina

fishmounter
02-28-2010, 10:31 AM
bowler, Let's see that photo of the "strange fish". I'll bet I can identify it for you...

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-28-2010, 11:06 AM
bowler, Let's see that photo of the "strange fish". I'll bet I can identify it for you...

screw that, what the hell is the weight on that fat boy in the avatar?

carpanglerdude
02-28-2010, 12:59 PM
^x3!

but yeah, post the mystery fish too, I wanna see it.

old pudd fisher
02-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah bowler please show it to us, I want to see it to.

Fishinnut
02-28-2010, 08:25 PM
I'd like to see this fish too.

Yeah fella's, I've caught a couple of what I thought where "Rock Bass" about 1/2 pound out of these containment facilities, but I only catch them in the hot summer months and because I'm in Nija mode I don't take pictures because of the flash that's needed at night. This year I'll take a chance and take a picture of one and post it for Fishmounter to tell use what it is.

mudskipper76
02-28-2010, 10:17 PM
dude! that's a thumper!! glad to see the sleepwalkers are still in action!!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-28-2010, 10:42 PM
dude! that's a thumper!! glad to see the sleepwalkers are still in action!!

sup shan, how you been dogg? you know there's always a spot on the ninja circut open bro..oh yeah here's a pic of me in front of your store way back when yucaipa had it's derby. chris (skylerjames) and i stopped in to check it out..nice store and i see some fishing influences in there bro..
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/002-2.jpg

bowler
03-01-2010, 08:36 AM
screw that, what the hell is the weight on that fat boy in the avatar?
If you are talking about the squid it was 16lbs.

I do not think any of you can identify the fish. Because i took that day to Tuners of West Covina and they did not know what it was. I have to look for the picture at my parents house this week.

carpanglerdude
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
A challenge, eh? I'm pretty sure we can figure it out!

bowler
03-01-2010, 06:08 PM
A challenge, eh? I'm pretty sure we can figure it out!
It is a tropical fish that is all i know.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-01-2010, 06:52 PM
If you are talking about the squid it was 16lbs. *

I do not think any of you can identify the fish. Because i took that day to Tuners of West Covina and they did not know what it was. I have to look for the picture at my parents house this week.
* i was talkin about fishmounters avatar..

It is a tropical fish that is all i know.

i call b*s , where's the pic?????

carpanglerdude
03-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Tropical Fish? Already got it figured.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/2008/01/large_nemo.jpg

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-01-2010, 07:39 PM
hahahahahahahah......good one..

bowler
03-02-2010, 12:15 AM
* i was talkin about fishmounters avatar..

i call b*s , where's the pic?????

I hope this picture can make you think i am not bs you. I hope you can tell me what it is. I got this out of the lake on Grand by the 10 freeway.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I hope this picture can make you think i am not bs you. I hope you can tell me what it is. I got this out of the lake on Grand by the 10 freeway.

sorry for doubtin you bowler, i can i*d that fish...it's a dictfor...

mudskipper76
03-02-2010, 08:59 AM

snakehead??!!!! hopefully no c/r on this beast

bowler
03-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Hell no i kept it.

mudskipper76
03-02-2010, 09:11 AM
yep looks about right. prepare for war!

carpanglerdude
03-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Dude!!!! That IS a snakehead! I heard some of the asian stores got in trouble for selling them around here, live.

That's freakin' tight...I know snakeheads are a real threat, but I'd love to catch one...supposedly you can catch them using the same gear you would for bass.

http://www.snakeheadpro.com/

oh and here's the article about the market getting caught selling them in LA:
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/news05/05009.html

bowler
03-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I got the fish off a spinner i was going for bass in the pond when it hit.

Now that i think of it got the fish back in before the article came out.

carpanglerdude
03-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Just a thought-was this thing caught before or after the pond was drained? If before, then the DFG probably heard about snakeheads, drained the place to kill 'em, end of story.

But if after...wonderful possibilities.

Of course, if DFG finds out about the place again, with snakeheads, then we can probably wave goodbye to anything in there

bowler
03-02-2010, 11:09 AM
it was around 01 and 02 that i got the fish. But i heard that the fish that are in there come from Puddingstone Lake.

old pudd fisher
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks for posting the photo...Snakehead wow I wonder if more are in thier ?

bowler
03-02-2010, 04:57 PM
If you think about i caught the snakehead long before they were talking about it on the east coast. I never know what it was when i got and nobody at Turners know what it was too. When was the first snakehead caught on the east coast.