PDA

View Full Version : BULLGILLS hittin' crankbaits today...

Ambassadorhawg
02-24-2010, 09:10 PM
The "dinner plate" sized Bluegill were on a mini ripper bite today. I got 4 of them before it was all over. They ranged from 11" to 12" and all were very thick and heavy. Got one on a Rapala DT crank and the other 3 on a rattletrap! Lil' monsters they are, LOL!!! Also got 4 or 5 runt LMB's....

carpanglerdude
02-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Whoa, really nice fattys. Props!

smokinflies
02-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Whoa, really nice fattys. Props!

X2

Those are some nice sized gills.

jbassc
02-24-2010, 11:17 PM
The "dinner plate" sized Bluegill were on a mini ripper bite today. I got 4 of them before it was all over. They ranged from 11" to 12" and all were very thick and heavy. Got one on a Rapala DT crank and the other 3 on a rattletrap! Lil' monsters they are, LOL!!! Also got 4 or 5 runt LMB's....

Ah i see your back to your clients lil pryvate pond huh! What no lunkers yet?

Ambassadorhawg
02-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Ah i see your back to your clients lil pryvate pond huh! What no lunkers yet?

Hey J,

I am not sure what happened there. They may have a had die off over the past Summer or someone has been pulling fish out of there. All I can say is that I longer see any cruisers, no signs of beds, nothing chasing my lures....I can only catch runts out of there anymore and not many of those either...

DodgersFan
02-26-2010, 07:36 AM
nice sized gills i love throwing crankbaits and catching those random toad 'gills

Pudd Legend
02-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Nice red ear!

jbassc
02-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Hey J,

I am not sure what happened there. They may have a had die off over the past Summer or someone has been pulling fish out of there. All I can say is that I longer see any cruisers, no signs of beds, nothing chasing my lures....I can only catch runts out of there anymore and not many of those either...

Dam! That sucks maybe there in the deep still give it a few more weeks to find out for shure,My guess is theres still some nice hogs in there sometimes there behavior changes from season to season.

fishmounter
02-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Those are Redear Sunfish. Time to get out the ultralight rods, 2 lb line and tiny jigs.