PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Lake

MammothMagic
02-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know if Jenks is froze over or is it open water? Thanks ahead of time.

DccFISHerMan
02-24-2010, 06:05 PM
considering big bear lake is froze over i bet jenks is too, i will be up the mountain this weekend i might have to check it out!

IncredibleHuck
02-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Does anyone know if Jenks is froze over or is it open water? Thanks ahead of time.

Not sure if it is frozen or not, just remember that the facilities are closed at this time of year, so you need an adventure pass to park up there, and then hike down to the lake.

IncredibleHuck
02-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Not sure if it is frozen or not, just remember that the facilities are closed at this time of year, so you need an adventure pass to park up there, and then hike down to the lake.

MammothMagic
02-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys, but you won't catch me buying an adventure pass. Every couple years I get an adventure pass ticket and then I go buy one and it voids the ticket and is good for a year once purchased so I hold out as long as I can. "What ever happened to the great outdoors being a cheap place where us blue collars could enjoy, now you have to be rich to be an outgoing outdoorsman." Thanks again I think next Sat. I am going to bring an Ice Augger up to Jenks will see what happens.

diamondbear
02-27-2010, 04:56 PM
I live in yucaipa , so maybe I'll venture up to Jinks with my tube and give it a try ,

smalweld
02-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys, but you won't catch me buying an adventure pass. Every couple years I get an adventure pass ticket and then I go buy one and it voids the ticket and is good for a year once purchased so I hold out as long as I can. "What ever happened to the great outdoors being a cheap place where us blue collars could enjoy, now you have to be rich to be an outgoing outdoorsman." Thanks again I think next Sat. I am going to bring an Ice Augger up to Jenks will see what happens.

Don't like tickets, usually costs more to miss a day of work than to pay for a yearly pass. Besides its only 30 bucks. If you go twice a month it averages out to what less than a buck a day?? I have been known to be cheap but to miss a day of work to deal with a ticket, no thanks. Besides the money SHOULD go to the forest for clean up, but we all know how the govt. works.

MammothMagic
03-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Don't like tickets, usually costs more to miss a day of work than to pay for a yearly pass. Besides its only 30 bucks. If you go twice a month it averages out to what less than a buck a day?? I have been known to be cheap but to miss a day of work to deal with a ticket, no thanks. Besides the money SHOULD go to the forest for clean up, but we all know how the govt. works.

You don't have to miss a day of work for this ticket you just go buy your $30 pass write your pass # on the ticket and mail it in and your pass is good for a year from that day. Just a note" I am a law abiding citizen and I respect and follow all of DFG rules I just can't stand the fact that I have to pay to park in the Governments forest opps I mean GOd's forest.