PDA

View Full Version : PVR & lLower Ownes Feb 19-20

jim532
02-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Got into Bishop about 8am Friday , stopped at Macs for a couple last minute items then headed up to Pleasant Valley Reservoir. A few people fishing at the Dam so I took a walk till I saw a spot I liked, after the very dangerous trek down to the spot I only planned on staying a short time. First cast BAM!, and again and again. this went on for a little over an hour. Lost count in all the excitment. After a while a couple breees came through and the sun started to show it's ugly face and the bite turned off. So I moved on, walked the entire length stopped at 4 or 5 other spots caught and released a few more.

At the very opposite end I saw a lot of trout breaking the surface hitting whatever the hatch was. I decided to start casting from about 20 feet behind them, I drifted salmon eggs, power worms, and nightcrawlers, they didn't care, all they wanted was whatever it was they were hitting off the surface.
So I decided to start the walk back. Hit several spots on the way back to the parking lot for a few more.
Mostly brownies all day and only a couple rainbows.

Saturday, I parked by the bridge on Hwy 6 and took a walk westward and picked up 2 brownies and 3 rainbows. After a while, headed up to the Cafe at Toms Place for a liitle lunch, then did some sight-seeing and exploring while taking some photos for a little while. Went into town did a little socializing for a while and went back to hotel room.
Sunday morning had breakfast at Village Cafe and started the trek home.

Very successful and relaxing weekend...

oakboy
02-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Sounds like you had a blast!!

IncredibleHuck
02-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Sounds like fun! Any pics?

Noobiesrule
03-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Nice goin! What were you fishin with?