PDA

View Full Version : LMB, SMB, And another TOAD striper! DVL IS HOTTTTTTT

SEA ADDICTION
02-23-2010, 07:45 PM
My Brother and Dad wanted to get in on the action at DVL so we hit it up today. What an AWSOME day we had.... With fishing as hot as it has been for me its VERY hard to actually go to work. LMB are in pre-spawn with some big tummy's. Just cooked up some striper and it was awsome. Cant wait to get back out!

diamondbear
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
You def. have DVL dialed in , BIG TIME . good job again .

Kareem Korn
02-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Nice, lookit the gut on that thing.

HuskerRod
02-23-2010, 08:24 PM
The bass looks like it swallowed a golf ball. Did your dad and brother catch anything?

dgfishin
02-23-2010, 08:25 PM
damn good job! hope you got bragging rights!!!!!!!!

Fishbones
02-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Bro...you got some beautiful fish:EyePop:....congrats..

I would like to be the first to hire you as my guide...whatta you think.....

SEA ADDICTION DVL GUIDED TRIPS.... then you can quit your job and fish everyday:Big Grin:

SEA ADDICTION
02-23-2010, 08:33 PM
The bass looks like it swallowed a golf ball. Did your dad and brother catch anything?

The striper was caught by my Dad... They also caught plenty of 1 1/2 - 3 1/2 lb lmb. "Team effort"

SEA ADDICTION
02-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Bro...you got some beautiful fish:EyePop:....congrats..

I would like to be the first to hire you as my guide...whatta you think.....

SEA ADDICTION DVL GUIDED TRIPS.... then you can quit your job and fish everyday:Big Grin:

Art Berry can hook people up like this as well. "Although i havnt seen him out in awhile" Ive had alot of people tell me that i should start a guide service but thats just not my thing. I have a countertop company that keeps me busy. Fishing everyday does sound pretty good though.....

jrfrmhbg
02-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Art Berry is the real deal...for sure...one of the best teachers I've ever been able to share some water with. Buy, you my friend are raking...for sure.

Fishinnut
02-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Bro, you are tearing it up!!! I'm gonna hit you up the next time I head out there for some pointers cause as long as I've been a member of FNN and been reading your post you've been tearing that place up. Keep it going and hopefully oneday when Fishbones and I head out to DVL we can hook up with you.

samgann93
02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
your a beast... hahaha.

nice trio of bass.

Rod Wynn
02-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Good Job out there....
Congrats!

PS.. I still say that you should be trying to make some weekend money off of your "skills"..

Hog Caller
02-24-2010, 08:40 AM
You are "THE MAN"! Unbelievable fish.
What did you get that sweet smallie on?
You are on fire. Ride it while you can. Hopefully you'll stay on them until the saltwater bite starts backup.

Brent

MAVERICK27
02-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Great day for sure! Makes me wanna skip work and hit DVL too :) Thanks for the motivation....

HuskerRod
02-24-2010, 11:53 AM
When does the saltwater fishing kick off for you, Addiction? I can hadily wait. If your doing this good at DVL I can't imagine the "backside" you must kick in the salt

huskerrod

spooky007
02-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Very nice outing!! No trout??

doyousmellfish?
02-24-2010, 04:58 PM
I was there too wasnt that you fishing trout from the rental boat? Whats up with the pics of the trout?

Hometown
02-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Wow looks like a great day on the water that a really nice smb

SEA ADDICTION
02-24-2010, 07:11 PM
You are "THE MAN"! Unbelievable fish.
What did you get that sweet smallie on?
You are on fire. Ride it while you can. Hopefully you'll stay on them until the saltwater bite starts backup.

Brent

Smallie was on a rattle trap type bait. Forgot what its called but shad color and about 3" long, slow sink

SEA ADDICTION
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
When does the saltwater fishing kick off for you, Addiction? I can hadily wait. If your doing this good at DVL I can't imagine the "backside" you must kick in the salt

huskerrod

For me it starts early spring for the catalina white seabass. From there the water starts to warm and the exotics move in and the ocean becomes full of life. You ever saltwater fish?

fishmounter
02-24-2010, 07:22 PM
This guy doesn't catch small fish! It all started with that absolute GIANT Redear he caught there a few months ago. Way to go man!

SEA ADDICTION
02-24-2010, 07:23 PM

Yea we caught a few, saw a guy off shore get a real nice one.

SEA ADDICTION
02-24-2010, 07:29 PM
I was there too wasnt that you fishing trout from the rental boat? Whats up with the pics of the trout?

You might have, there were 3 of us... I just post pics of the big or unusual catches.

SEA ADDICTION
02-24-2010, 07:34 PM
This guy doesn't catch small fish! It all started with that absolute GIANT Redear he caught there a few months ago. Way to go man!

That was a big redear. I do catch plenty of smaller fish but never post them. The weeks I don't have a post up are the weeks I catch the 1 1/2-3lb fish. I actually got skunked today! Had a striper hit right ay the boat and tjhat was it for a half day. Very slow today for me.

bass assassin#23
02-24-2010, 07:35 PM
siiiicccckkkk dude, you got dvl on lock. would love to get out there with you.

tenderloin
02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Looks like those browns and rainbows are very high in calories

GuiltyByAssociation
02-24-2010, 11:38 PM

Yea we caught a few, saw a guy off shore get a real nice one.

You might have, there were 3 of us... I just post pics of the big or unusual catches.

well it looks like those trout were put into good use! nothing like a freshwater sardine for stripers and bass huh? i saw you drifting when you hook that striper wtg bud! You definitely got my respects.:Rolls Eyes:

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 06:49 AM
well it looks like those trout were put into good use! nothing like a freshwater sardine for stripers and bass huh? i saw you drifting when you hook that striper wtg bud! You definitely got my respects.:Rolls Eyes:

We were actually anchored, not drifting when we got the striper. If you were there then you would remember it was blowing 15-20 and fishing the spot I was in wouldn't work to well drifting... Only other boat fishing the spot was a red skeeter who also caught one but obviously that wasn't you.

Rod Wynn
02-25-2010, 08:54 AM

LMAO!!!
So true!!!

WAKE UP guys.. Yall are SLEEP!

PS.. I would love to be you guys salesmen because yall "buy"/believe ANYTHING

Catch 'n' Release
02-25-2010, 09:12 AM

I had the same feeling before i even opened this report, then i see this "big bait guy" with 2 sh!tty trout
rods and what is that a Teramar ocean jigstick rod for throwing small 7" mattlures.....

Too damn shady to me, theres enough people out there throwin "live rainbows" so whats one more i guess.
good luck, karmas a B.

GuiltyByAssociation
02-25-2010, 09:16 AM
We were actually anchored, not drifting when we got the striper. If you were there then you would remember it was blowing 15-20 and fishing the spot I was in wouldn't work to well drifting... Only other boat fishing the spot was a red skeeter who also caught one but obviously that wasn't you.

Windy? calm to a light breeze yes. But 15-20 mph wind no! your kidding me, The only time you were anchored was when you were catching your bait (trout). Yes the red skeeter was there too! Your going to get busted soon, now even with your pics online, DFG will keep an eye on you. Its one thing to catch fish and "Do what you got to do!" but to put yourself on blast like im such a big bad swimbait fishermen, i have a fake video on youtube, i got my ac casitas, and mattlure swimbaits with no bite marks on them....yada yada yada guy.... its pathetic... Rule #1 Take your swimbait rods out there without the trout rod! its part of the swimbait 101 lesson for today.

wellbilldancesays
02-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Say it aint so , Joe!

Now that I think about it Sea Addiction kinda looks like Shoeless Joe.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/wellbilldancesays/whoisit.jpg

Coincidence?

Rod Wynn
02-25-2010, 09:31 AM
I swear I cannot understand how you guys are actually blinded and not seeing the big picture here..
LOL!

Catch 'n' Release
02-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Windy? calm to a light breeze yes. But 15-20 mph wind no! your kidding me, The only time you were anchored was when you were catching your bait (trout). Yes the red skeeter was there too! Your going to get busted soon, now even with your pics online, DFG will keep an eye on you. Its one thing to catch fish and "Do what you got to do!" but to put yourself on blast like im such a big bad swimbait fishermen, i have a fake video on youtube, i got my ac casitas, and mattlure swimbaits with no bite marks on them....yada yada yada guy.... its pathetic... Rule #1 Take your swimbait rods out there without the trout rod! its part of the swimbait 101 lesson for today.

wow i got a text from someone that knows sea addiction.... no bueno dude

"he's been known to use trout occasionally"

Great role model for your kid guy.

see ya on thursday, i'll have only swimbait rods!!! how sad

lurk 182
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
I swear I cannot understand how you guys are actually blinded and not seeing the big picture here..
LOL!

most of the people who see the big picture here don't even post. i saw the back and forth from you guys on that "other" site, they all know nobody has caught a 45 pound bag in a tourney in some time but most of the people on this site just want to see DD linesides so they can have a kitchen shot in their post. you're preaching to the choir for some of us though.

bigfish420
02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
How would you fish with live trout?

DarkShadow
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
How would you fish with live trout?

Very carefully.

The Hills Have Eyes

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4982/hillsm.jpg

AmBASSador
02-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Good Job out there....
Congrats!

PS.. I still say that you should be trying to make some weekend money off of your "skills"..

You are flip floppin worst than George Bush did bro. Is he fishing with trout or is it "good job out there, Congrats!". Make up your mind....

lurk 182
02-25-2010, 02:26 PM
i think he meant "skills" in a sarcastic way but i don't want to put words into his mouth.

Stormcrow
02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
This is CLASSIC ! ! !
I can see this getting more press than O.J.
:Envious::Envious::Envious::Envious::Envious:

"Excuse me sir, may I borrow your trout? Yes, that nice 8 incher will be just fine."
"You know....(sigh)...Im tired of catching these huge toad bass. I think I will bring a trout rod so I can enjoy those hard fighting 7 inch stockers with no tail...yeah...thats what Ill do"

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 03:34 PM

Your a funny guy to say the least.... Do you know who that was in the red skeeter? Noooooo you dont. I doubt any trout were in the area you saw me. I have some seriouse $$$$ invested in my BIG baits with plenty of bite marks... Actually some of my AC's the paint is gone. If you know so much, where did you see my HOOK the striper.... Your gona be way off dude because you never saw it happen! Oh and the only time trout rods are brought out is when my pops comes with and my little fishing buddy.... Its cool though, I expect it... Keep telling stories, It makes for some good reads...

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 03:37 PM

This is the best story yet! Ok big shot, who texted you? I believe your fibbing a bit..... PM me if you want, DIDNT HAPPEN

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Just a matter of time before the HATERS chime in... Its all good. I guess the hundreds of dollars i spent on baits is for show, The paint missing and teath marks were from me sanding off. Oh and my rods, Over a thousand dollars in 3 rigs, all for show..... Dont worry guys, One day you too will catch a big fish.... Oh the 25lb blue cat and HUGE near lake record redear were caught on trout too. As were the 3lb smb and countless cookie cutter 1 1/2-3lb fish. Good stuff, keep it comming. Next thing up should be that i snagged the fish.

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 03:46 PM
If any of you haters want me to post pics of my big bait collection/condition let me know, That ones just too much...

samgann93
02-25-2010, 04:06 PM
this is ridiculous. the guy posts up a sick catch and every single time people have to complain and ***** about it.

if you think he is using live trout, exagerating weghts, etc get the **** over it and dont reply. if you wanna know if the rumor your hearing is true (which doesnt have any effect on you anyways) pm the guy.

Catch 'n' Release
02-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Just tellin ya what your local tackle shop said... later

TopwaterBassin
02-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Next thing up should be that i snagged the fish.

O.K., you snagged the fish......LOL, you asked for it. :ROFL:

evalrez
02-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow, whats up with all the haters?! If one starts I guess the rest have to follow. Ppl say what they want to believe, pointing the finger and going to the extent of putting someone under the radar without really knowing what goes on out there in the water cuz THEY AREN'T THERE WITH YOU to see how you roll. Pretty childish, sounds like some might even be jealous cuz they can't make things happen for themselves the way you do. AND, even if you were being shady, hey thats your business, if you happen to get caught then thats something that you have to deal with so why does everyone need to make it their business to put you on the spot and get you in trouble?....beats me! SO, instead of everybody sittin around wasting their breath, being all talk, go out there and prove something, there's plenty of big ones out there in that massive lake. I don't hate, I congratulate cuz I'd love to be able to catch those monsters. Only thing I have ever been able to catch out of DVL is a cold, a buzz, and trout. You have skillzzzzz my friend. So, with that being said CONGRATULATIONS for ALL of your TOADS!!

marzocchi
02-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Freaking A. That striper is huge. Makes my days at Castaic look like crap.

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 06:16 PM

So someone at LAST CHANCE is spreading rumors too? If thats true, which guy? Chris, The x-skipper has seen me, From a boat catch stripers last year off the north east cove and last Sat he was there and saw my 2 stripers.... Or Matt, Neither one i know personally but would find it hard to believe that these guys are talking smack... Please tell me what guy or what he looked like. I wont blast Last chance on here dont worry... PM me if you want

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 06:39 PM
I had the same feeling before i even opened this report, then i see this "big bait guy" with 2 sh!tty trout
rods and what is that a Teramar ocean jigstick rod for throwing small 7" mattlures.....

Too damn shady to me, theres enough people out there throwin "live rainbows" so whats one more i guess.
good luck, karmas a B.

Do you know the difference between trolling rods and swimbait rods, One of my swimbait rods is worth more that your entire fishing collection. Funny thing is silverwood is in your BACK YARD and you come to DVL because you cant catch a fish at silverwood.... Ok, i'll help you catch stripers in your back yard.... 2-10 lbrs tie to the bouey line... either one and use center cuts of chovie, frozen not salted. 10+ fish the spillway with buck tail jigs early or late evening. ORRRR walk the shore at night throwing big AC's.... Just saved you some gas $$$$ OR...... Use live trout.... OH watch for MASS boils straight across the marina first thing am....

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Almost forgot, chum the head and tail portion....

Hometown
02-25-2010, 07:22 PM
I didnt know smb ate trout maybe I am nieve but I trust your report

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I didnt know smb ate trout maybe I am nieve but I trust your report

I must of caught a 4"er for that one... LOL

BigBass777
02-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Sea Addiction has caught quite a few big fish. So you have a lot of anglers who don't like it. Typical online stuff. If he caught them legally then great for him. That is what the DFG is for. Call them if someone is breaking the rules at any lake.

Sea Addiction made a post and had pics of his front house in the background. Not a good idea dude. You live close by to DVL but leave that personal stuff out. Some anglers may just want to show up at your front door and chew you out if they suspect you of using live trout. Just a thought man!

Matt_Magnone
02-25-2010, 08:46 PM

ok now you got me real curious

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Sea Addiction has caught quite a few big fish. So you have a lot of anglers who don't like it. Typical online stuff. If he caught them legally then great for him. That is what the DFG is for. Call them if someone is breaking the rules at any lake.

Sea Addiction made a post and had pics of his front house in the background. Not a good idea dude. You live close by to DVL but leave that personal stuff out. Some anglers may just want to show up at your front door and chew you out if they suspect you of using live trout. Just a thought man!

Someone showing up at my house would be pretty stupid but wouldn't put it past some of these guys. I'll keep that in mind next go around. I think I'm just going to post all of my catch instead of just the big ones. Its almost like some think I only catch toads.... I go through a lot of fish before I get some of the bigger ones.

Rick Grover
02-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Why post anything? Just go enjoy that great lake with your kid and dad and keep the pic's in your album. If you want to share info for all those who want to know, go to Last Chance and tell them, so they can inform the customers. Same result, no drama. Leave the reports to the guides or show up and fish a derby to earn these dudes respect. The "T Bar" tag is gonna stay around untill then. I dont know you and have never seen you there and am NOT a hater. But this story is gettin old. My .02 Rick G.

SEA ADDICTION
02-25-2010, 09:38 PM
ok now you got me real curious

Matt, I think this guy is B/S-en. I didn't think anyone from the shop would say something like that without some kind of proof. Must of been chris or megan.... J/k. I know you stay away from the drama so thanks, I think its clear he's just talking smack.

sansou
02-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Almost forgot, chum the head and tail portion....

I didn't think the regs allow you to chum freshwater lakes in SoCal.

Btw, exceptionally nice fish again....trouted or not!

mobilereef
02-25-2010, 10:21 PM
I just saw the photos of that stringer...SWEET!!!!!!!! Good times

doyousmellfish?
02-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Oh and the only time trout rods are brought out is when my pops comes with and my little fishing buddy.... Its cool though, I expect it... Keep telling stories, It makes for some good reads...

Thats funny cause everytime i saw you fishing trout you were on the front of the boat and your dad was driving...... He must be one of those guys that gets more pleasure out of watching you catch fish.

mobilereef
02-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Looks like the smally that I caught there from the shore.

GuiltyByAssociation
02-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Do you know the difference between trolling rods and swimbait rods, One of my swimbait rods is worth more that your entire fishing collection. Funny thing is silverwood is in your BACK YARD and you come to DVL because you cant catch a fish at silverwood.... Ok, i'll help you catch stripers in your back yard.... 2-10 lbrs tie to the bouey line... either one and use center cuts of chovie, frozen not salted. 10+ fish the spillway with buck tail jigs early or late evening. ORRRR walk the shore at night throwing big AC's.... Just saved you some gas $$$$ OR...... Use live trout.... OH watch for MASS boils straight across the marina first thing am....

Yea i really need your help. Yeah right! Stop speaking in your stories you are starting to sound like a eddiefishtaco and duduman. TRUST me you do not want to dig a bigger hole for yourself. You will get caught! Even if your daughter or father is with you. It will be a very sad day if you allowed them to be a part of it. I will say this again as a polite warning. FOLLOW THE DFG RULES! This will be my last words. Im not here to hate but to educate!

indymusky
02-25-2010, 11:18 PM
YOU GUYS WILL LOVE THIS PERSONAL MESSAGE HE SENT ME ON ANOTHER SITE.

Originally Posted by indymusky
hey man, ive been seeing the post and what not on that video and could care less if its real or not but i was reading some guy said he saw u putting the trout in your live well. is this guy just someone you have beef with or is making it up or does he have a valid claim. theirs a bunch of poeple that just say sh&* to say it . but those words he said about you using trout hes pretty serious about. but no hard feelings man. if your not using trout more power to ya and hope to see u out their one day

THIS IS WHAT SEAADDICTION SAID WORD FOR WORD BELOW

The fact that i fish for trout is true. Do i put them in the livewell? Sometimes yes... These trout are like 2 lbs and not realy "bait" size. Funny thing is.... Ive been PM'd by SEVERAL big name guys on these sites and they have told me straight up that they use trout for bait. Its like everyone does it once in awhile but not in tourneys......

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 07:23 AM
YOU GUYS WILL LOVE THIS PERSONAL MESSAGE HE SENT ME ON ANOTHER SITE.

Originally Posted by indymusky
hey man, ive been seeing the post and what not on that video and could care less if its real or not but i was reading some guy said he saw u putting the trout in your live well. is this guy just someone you have beef with or is making it up or does he have a valid claim. theirs a bunch of poeple that just say sh&* to say it . but those words he said about you using trout hes pretty serious about. but no hard feelings man. if your not using trout more power to ya and hope to see u out their one day

THIS IS WHAT SEAADDICTION SAID WORD FOR WORD BELOW

The fact that i fish for trout is true. Do i put them in the livewell? Sometimes yes... These trout are like 2 lbs and not realy "bait" size. Funny thing is.... Ive been PM'd by SEVERAL big name guys on these sites and they have told me straight up that they use trout for bait. Its like everyone does it once in awhile but not in tourneys......

Is that supposed to be a big shocker? I think I've made it clear that I fish for trout... Post the rest of what I said and that is "quote" the worst I do is in the summer when the bass caugh up shad ill put on a dead one and catch a bass... Your funny dude... You must be still trying to get over the fact that you posted on this site awhile back pics of bass that another boat caught and you posted on here like you caught them... Lol and they were like 3 lbrs, guy who let you "barrow" his fish called you out when he saw the thread. Post another 1/2 lb bass spawning video.... Lol

mobilereef
02-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Sea Addiction...try to focus on fishing and talking with the people who are not hating...I have never even seen you fish, so I am not going to comment on what you do while you fish until I see you do something shaddy. I just think that small mouth impressed me more than anything else on those photos, and I know you did not catch that with a live trout!!!!! (Hopefully not with a live worm either!!!lol.)

Got mine on a drop shot power worm with 2lb test...friggin great fight.

indymusky
02-26-2010, 08:05 AM
haha whatever bro, everytime someone tries to tell u how it is u start with some stupid bs. you use live trout, its illegal. pretty soon me and two of my boys from the marines are gunna be fishing it everyday starting next week and if i see your boat out thier ill check it myself. using trout is illegal and disrespectful for the rest of the bass fisherman that fish their.

Vision246
02-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Do any of you guy's remember my 8lb German Brown ? It was the sheezie, but I never use live treeziees. To bad ahh so sad. Maybe it was a Freestyle but Freestyle's dont jump out of the water and do figure 8's 30 yards away.

Catch 'n' Release
02-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Getting good now lol

oh and ur wrong about the silverwood thing fyi. but that was funny

Funny how a 2lb trout isn't "bait" size. but you would know you're the expert on bait fishing. and you know very well that those stripers inhale the 2lbers easily.

And your lmb are nice fish, i just believe you're slow trollin trout for the stripeys when it gets tough and thats MHO. no harm tho just release the fish you catch on trout and i could care less lol

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 10:18 AM
haha whatever bro, everytime someone tries to tell u how it is u start with some stupid bs. you use live trout, its illegal. pretty soon me and two of my boys from the marines are gunna be fishing it everyday starting next week and if i see your boat out thier ill check it myself. using trout is illegal and disrespectful for the rest of the bass fisherman that fish their.

You are going to board my boat... That's real funny to say the least. Ill let you know what day ill be out. Ill make sure to have some trout on board.... I might even let you take a picture with MY fish.people "telling it like it is" = haters. Just a note to self: don't threaten to board my boat unless you realy want to throw some hooks! Pm me your phone number if you want to take it to that level because I'm down anytime.

AmBASSador
02-26-2010, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=pretty soon me and two of my boys from the marines are gunna be fishing it everyday starting next week and if i see your boat out thier ill check it myself.[/QUOTE]

And then, I am going to get my uncle's neibhors cousin out there and he is a Navy Seal. My dad will kick your dads ***! What is this f*$kin elementary school? LOL I get a kick out of you guys!

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Getting good now lol

oh and ur wrong about the silverwood thing fyi. but that was funny

Funny how a 2lb trout isn't "bait" size. but you would know you're the expert on bait fishing. and you know very well that those stripers inhale the 2lbers easily.

And your lmb are nice fish, i just believe you're slow trollin trout for the stripeys when it gets tough and thats MHO. no harm tho just release the fish you catch on trout and i could care less lol

I think I see you out there on the lake with a couple buddys. Do you troll a lot? If that's you, next time I see you ill take you to a spot where there are plenty of stripers, late evening or early your garanteed at least some follow ups... And as for silverwood that's where I get my fish in that lake. back in the day I learned the buck tail jig thing from silks, he would catch 5 fish an hour.

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 10:40 AM
And then, I am going to get my uncle's neibhors cousin out there and he is a Navy Seal. My dad will kick your dads ***! What is this f*$kin elementary school? LOL I get a kick out of you guys!

This guys trying to make a come back from his barrowed fish pics he posted awhile back and got caught. Pretty funny he posted that up for all to see. Shows his level of maturity.

Catch 'n' Release
02-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I think I see you out there on the lake with a couple buddys. Do you troll a lot? If that's you, next time I see you ill take you to a spot where there are plenty of stripers, late evening or early your garanteed at least some follow ups... And as for silverwood that's where I get my fish in that lake. back in the day I learned the buck tail jig thing from silks, he would catch 5 fish an hour.

No boat anymore, and i dont troll. Thats for my old neighbors lol.
I've heard stories of the elusive bucktail haha i can't bring myself to do it like that.

and i really dont give a fk if ppl use live trout just dont be killin the fish when you get em. frkn a-holes at my other hole would always do it

indymusky
02-26-2010, 11:39 AM
haha yea man i post pictures of me with other peoples fish, good one makes alot of sense im just sayin if your out their using trout and i see something l ike that you aint gunna have a good day bro. very healthy fine and the rangers their will love it. and a picture is all u need to charge someone with poaching.

basser1
02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
OMG, big picture here guys, big picture. Guiding would be a great idea, clients can catch bait while he sets up their gear..LOL

Keep it up...

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 11:55 AM
haha yea man i post pictures of me with other peoples fish, good one makes alot of sense im just sayin if your out their using trout and i see something l ike that you aint gunna have a good day bro. very healthy fine and the rangers their will love it. and a picture is all u need to charge someone with poaching.

As far as the picture thing, I'm just stating what was said in your thread. Take all the pics you want dude and tell the "rangers" mellisa or josh...let's just say They know me well. Just don't threaten to board my boat because that would never happen.

HuskerRod
02-26-2010, 11:59 AM
I might board your boat, but I'm thinking one step ahead. I'll have on a Speedo for when I get thrown in the lake and a crash helmet for when I take a fist or oar upside the head....hehehehehhe

HuskerRod
02-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Sea Addiction,

You have a new nickname, "The Thread Master". Up to over 3,500 hits and this thing is still going strong. My all time record is just around 3500 hits when it died an abrupt death. Do you got a 10,000 hit post in you???

Huskerrod

Astrolux
02-26-2010, 12:03 PM
pretty soon me and two of my boys from the marines are gunna be fishing it everyday starting next week and if i see your boat out thier ill check it myself.
Wow, so you know a couple of marines. I know a couple myself, is this supposed to intimidate people?? I know some people that have been in prision, should i go around telling people that so they wont mess with me?? No. If a guy told me he was gonna board my boat to see if i had trout in the live well, he would go swimming in the drink right after i slapped him the face with an ore. Who do you think you are man? Leave the policing to the police tough guy.

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 12:26 PM
OMG, big picture here guys, big picture. Guiding would be a great idea, clients can catch bait while he sets up their gear..LOL

Keep it up...

Not you again... I thought I got rid of you on the other site... Lol your idea could rake in some$$$$ anyone want to sign up? Ill do the "rigging so you won't get in trouble...

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Wow, so you know a couple of marines. I know a couple myself, is this supposed to intimidate people?? I know some people that have been in prision, should i go around telling people that so they wont mess with me?? No. If a guy told me he was gonna board my boat to see if i had trout in the live well, he would go swimming in the drink right after i slapped him the face with an ore. Who do you think you are man? Leave the policing to the police tough guy.

LMAO, true, true... That's pretty much how it would go.

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I might board your boat, but I'm thinking one step ahead. I'll have on a Speedo for when I get thrown in the lake and a crash helmet for when I take a fist or oar upside the head....hehehehehhe

If you boarded my boat in a speedo I'd have to parade you around the lake and marina for some laughs.... That would be better than fishing!

bigfish420
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
I just want to keep this thread going, anyways seriously though how would someone rig a live trout? Do you rig a stinger hook through the back and just nose hook it like a sardine?

Stormcrow
02-26-2010, 01:37 PM
ESTIMATED TIME TO THREAD "LOCK" 2.4 HOURS and COUNTING.......................................... ..........

DarkShadow
02-26-2010, 01:45 PM
I just want to keep this thread going, anyways seriously though how would someone rig a live trout? Do you rig a stinger hook through the back and just nose hook it like a sardine?

Seriously though, if its illegal, why ask?

AmBASSador
02-26-2010, 02:21 PM

HAHAHAHAHA That dude indy is such a D-Bag. If he even thought of boarding my boat I would ***** slap his blonde jerry curl straight. You have past drama yourself Indy! Why not concentrate on that?

Big Country
02-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Nice SA...this thread is on a roll like no other...classic!

What a lightning rod you have become for posting quality pics...keep posting the pics so I can keep reading the Nazi hate mail.

And for those that asked, you butt hook a live trout!

Catch 'n' Release
02-26-2010, 03:12 PM
And for those that asked, you butt hook a live trout!

LMAO funny sh1t

I still wanna see this $3,000.00 swimbait rod

Cangler
02-26-2010, 03:15 PM
ESTIMATED TIME TO THREAD "LOCK" 2.4 HOURS and COUNTING.......................................... ..........

Yeah , Friday night is fight night .... All the good threads get locked :(

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah , Friday night is fight night .... All the good threads get locked :(

So far its been cool, doubt it will get locked. I'm cooking striper tacos for 12 tonight but ill peak in from time to time for the excitment.

phantom 34
02-26-2010, 04:38 PM
striper tacos damn!its been a long time since i had some,every time i try and catch striper i get them damn green backs.lol. enjoy your meal bro and keep catching them monsters.

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 04:49 PM
striper tacos damn!its been a long time since i had some,every time i try and catch striper i get them damn green backs.lol. enjoy your meal bro and keep catching them monsters.

Thanks man

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Off subject but do you guys cut the dark meat off the filets before cooking? Last time i did and it was much better tasting, The wife loved it and she usually only eats my ocean fish. Any good recipies out there for baked or pan fried instead of the deep fryer. I think the deep fried is as good as it gets but the wife is always wanting to be healthier...

phantom 34
02-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Off subject but do you guys cut the dark meat off the filets before cooking? Last time i did and it was much better tasting, The wife loved it and she usually only eats my ocean fish. Any good recipies out there for baked or pan fried instead of the deep fryer. I think the deep fried is as good as it gets but the wife is always wanting to be healthier...

yes cut the dark stuff off it tastes too fishy for me.let me remember "pause" yeah striper is the best eating fish imo.

K.C.K.
02-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Trader joes has a killer Lemon dill sauce just pour it on and bake it.. and I always cut the dark meat off FISHY!!!!!!!!!!! by the way nice catch legit or not, only you know!!!!!
K.C.

Rod Wynn
02-26-2010, 07:06 PM
i think he meant "skills" in a sarcastic way but i don't want to put words into his mouth.

Exactly..
That whole post was meant in a sarcastic way...
Sorry for the confusion..

HuskerRod
02-26-2010, 07:49 PM

I actually wrapped striper one time in tin foil and put it on the grill and it tasted okay. Of course I didn't have any tartar sauce which would have made all the difference in the world.........I think.

heydaad
02-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Stripers taste great when grilled with lemon pepper and garlic salt ... a little olive oil sprinkled on to keep from sticking. As for tartar sauce, Matheny's bottled in Moreno Valley! Just don't overcook them ... yum.

phantom 34
02-26-2010, 08:42 PM
deep fried with what ever batter you wish,warm corn tortillas,add a couple of strips on the tortillas,with a lil onions and cilantro,some mexican crema and a lil lettuce or cabbage which ever you prefer.and some salsa on top(i prefer mild cause spicy i cry later lol.)last but not least a lil lemon or lime and you have some killer striper tacos.now if i can only catch me some stripers.

TroutOnly
02-26-2010, 08:57 PM
SLASH MR STRIPEYS THROAT AS SOON AS YOU PUT THEM IN THE BOAT ,YOU WILL LIKE THE TASTE ALOT BETTER, LIVE TROUT POACHED A 60 LBER OUT OF PYRAMID THREE WEEKS AGO SAME GUY USES THROW NETS AT CASTAIC , HE WILL GET CAUGHT ,THE GAME WARDENS MONITOR THESE SITES ALL THE TIME,,,,,,,,,,,,been told by several of my pals from the state dfg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

indymusky
02-26-2010, 09:19 PM
The only reason i said i was going to be with marines is cuz im taking a these guys out for a week or so on diamond. not to try an act tuff and i dont need ne of them to be with me if needs be bro,out their by myself all the time . if i ever see u using trout itll be the end of it thats all i really gata say about that and youll be paying a nice fine and lose all ur gear and maybe your vehicle. and talking about this last drama you keep talking about some guy said i was tied up to his boat and took a picture with his fish, never happened ,that fish was caught on mattlures swimbait on a completely diffrent time of the year. you can ask matt himself the owner of mattlures .he also stocks me up on all his new swimbaits and sends me tons of ultimate bluegills for free.been doin it for awhile now, you doubt me on that fish you can ask him.

JENSEN500
02-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Steve-o,Im very impressed how you diverted the hate to a recipe thread.Sorry i couldnt hit it up with you last week.you called on a slammed day.God forbid i would have a crew who i could let loose and not have to worry about them stroken me cause im not around.oh well,you know all to well what im going thru. we will get out there one day.It is funny how all of these idiots "figure you out" and pass judgement.we who have known you for years know ur on the up and up.F-em all!! JEALOUSY IS A NASTY EMOTION!!!

TALK TO YOU SOON,

JEFF

JENSEN500
02-26-2010, 10:18 PM
P.S. I always cut out the dark meat!!

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Exactly..
That whole post was meant in a sarcastic way...
Sorry for the confusion..

Aren't you supposed to be playing video games?

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 11:37 PM
deep fried with what ever batter you wish,warm corn tortillas,add a couple of strips on the tortillas,with a lil onions and cilantro,some mexican crema and a lil lettuce or cabbage which ever you prefer.and some salsa on top(i prefer mild cause spicy i cry later lol.)last but not least a lil lemon or lime and you have some killer striper tacos.now if i can only catch me some stripers.

Very similar to what i made tonight, Some good stuff. Now i need to get another.... I'm out

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 11:42 PM
SLASH MR STRIPEYS THROAT AS SOON AS YOU PUT THEM IN THE BOAT ,YOU WILL LIKE THE TASTE ALOT BETTER, LIVE TROUT POACHED A 60 LBER OUT OF PYRAMID THREE WEEKS AGO SAME GUY USES THROW NETS AT CASTAIC , HE WILL GET CAUGHT ,THE GAME WARDENS MONITOR THESE SITES ALL THE TIME,,,,,,,,,,,,been told by several of my pals from the state dfg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Slashing the throat makes sence, i guess like bleeding a tuna. As far as the DFG goes, Lets just say i dont have anything to worry about there. I actually get to fish from time to time WITH the DFG in a little pond between perris,corona,and riverside. OK i cant say anymore.... Wish i could

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 11:47 PM
The only reason i said i was going to be with marines is cuz im taking a these guys out for a week or so on diamond. not to try an act tuff and i dont need ne of them to be with me if needs be bro,out their by myself all the time . if i ever see u using trout itll be the end of it thats all i really gata say about that and youll be paying a nice fine and lose all ur gear and maybe your vehicle. and talking about this last drama you keep talking about some guy said i was tied up to his boat and took a picture with his fish, never happened ,that fish was caught on mattlures swimbait on a completely diffrent time of the year. you can ask matt himself the owner of mattlures .he also stocks me up on all his new swimbaits and sends me tons of ultimate bluegills for free.been doin it for awhile now, you doubt me on that fish you can ask him.

First off i NEVER said anything about tying to another boat? I can care less about that to be honest. Just dont say your going to board my boat because that would NEVER happen. Using trout,bluegil,carp ect. Threaten to tell on me fine but never would you come near my boat... End of story

SEA ADDICTION
02-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Steve-o,Im very impressed how you diverted the hate to a recipe thread.Sorry i couldnt hit it up with you last week.you called on a slammed day.God forbid i would have a crew who i could let loose and not have to worry about them stroken me cause im not around.oh well,you know all to well what im going thru. we will get out there one day.It is funny how all of these idiots "figure you out" and pass judgement.we who have known you for years know ur on the up and up.F-em all!! JEALOUSY IS A NASTY EMOTION!!!

TALK TO YOU SOON,

JEFF

Lets do DVL next week one day... I stopped in to last chance and picked up a couple more tripple trouts and the 6" bbz floater today.... Oh and the b/s about someone from there talking smack was proved to be wrong. Those guys, and "girl" dont get involved in any of the drama. Just funny the extent some will go to to try and prove me wrong. Anyways hit me up. Ryan was talking about going as well. PS, INDYMUSKY might board our boat if he sees me....LOL wouldnt that be fun....

HuskerRod
02-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Stripers taste great when grilled with lemon pepper and garlic salt ... a little olive oil sprinkled on to keep from sticking. As for tartar sauce, Matheny's bottled in Moreno Valley! Just don't overcook them ... yum.

I'll have to try that. Now all I need is a striper...ughhhh!!

JENSEN500
02-27-2010, 10:41 AM
yes...it...would!! ill let you know about next week.im frickin slammed right now and acn barely see straight for all of the 12-15 hr days im putting in. will let you know for sure.

you gonna try to hit the striper derby this year in havasu?

Troutman65
02-27-2010, 01:31 PM
I would never put tarter sauce on any fish. Tarter sauce sucks .

SEA ADDICTION
02-27-2010, 01:37 PM
yes...it...would!! ill let you know about next week.im frickin slammed right now and acn barely see straight for all of the 12-15 hr days im putting in. will let you know for sure.

you gonna try to hit the striper derby this year in havasu?

Sounds fun. Maybe take my family up too. You'll have to fill me in on the details.

HuskerRod
02-27-2010, 02:29 PM
I would never put tarter sauce on any fish. Tarter sauce sucks .

What do you mean Tartar sauce sucks? I got some nerve to give you so many rights with a botte of tartar sauce you'll be begging for a left. I'll slap the taste out of your mouth, tartar sauce or not, for that comment. I ever see you around any of the "fish and chips" joints in my neck of the woods I'll stuff the tartar sauce so far down your throat you'll be crapping fish sticks.........hehehehhe.

Guys, just thought I'd restart the drama on this thread. Things have gotten to calm.

Troutman65
02-27-2010, 07:19 PM
What do you mean Tartar sauce sucks? I got some nerve to give you so many rights with a botte of tartar sauce you'll be begging for a left. I'll slap the taste out of your mouth, tartar sauce or not, for that comment. I ever see you around any of the "fish and chips" joints in my neck of the woods I'll stuff the tartar sauce so far down your throat you'll be crapping fish sticks.........hehehehhe.

Guys, just thought I'd restart the drama on this thread. Things have gotten to calm.

Please don't start the drama roma again. :Big Grin:

JENSEN500
02-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey steve-o,if this indimusky guy trys to get on the boat,ill grab him by his cute little apron and hold him down while you give him noogies 'til he cries.

fish
02-27-2010, 08:29 PM

Reading that made my brain hurt.

RamboBoy
02-28-2010, 10:36 AM
My Brother and Dad wanted to get in on the action at DVL so we hit it up today. What an AWSOME day we had.... With fishing as hot as it has been for me its VERY hard to actually go to work. LMB are in pre-spawn with some big tummy's. Just cooked up some striper and it was awsome. Cant wait to get back out!

YOU ARE DA MAN!! Good job, man

SEA ADDICTION
03-01-2010, 03:22 PM
guiltyby association, your comment sounds a bit guilty.
i wonder if your the same guy i caught a few months back using live trouts also.
if i ever catch you " AGAIN ", d.f.g. will have YOUR balls.

That would be pretty funny if its him. Maybe blaiming me is a way for them haters to deal with it themselves.

Big Country
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey Jeff...if you guys happen to hit it Friday, shoot me a PM I'm off.

Still don't know about Havasu yet, but should know by end of March.

SCVchad
03-01-2010, 09:05 PM
can you please bring your livewell full of trout to castaic and just dump them in, make it a mini stock, we are dieing out here for trout, my stripers are starving, anyways sorry... just going thru post trout depression we need a plant goddamit

Fishbones
03-01-2010, 09:18 PM
can you please bring your livewell full of trout to castaic and just dump them in, make it a mini stock, we are dieing out here for trout, my stripers are starving, anyways sorry... just going thru post trout depression we need a plant goddamit

LMFAO....post trout plant depression...hahahahahahahaha

SEA ADDICTION
03-02-2010, 07:07 AM

What's up with the plants out that way? Did DGF shut it off? I thought I read something about stocking being on hold by not sure why?

WormFisher
03-02-2010, 09:12 AM
wow over 7000 views. Is that a FNN record?

Hog Caller
03-02-2010, 09:33 AM
No record...I believe the girlfriends that fish thread will forever hold that one.

HuskerRod
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Sea Addiction is money in the bank when it comes catching stripers and thread counts.....absolute money.

Actually Sea Addiction I think one of the reasons things tend to get controversial when you post is guys assume since you always are posting huge fish and seemingly almost every trip you must be doing something illegal. I assume you have your fare share of days where you don't have as much luck or any luck at all for that matter. I mean, no matter how good you are fishing is still fishing. I think even Virgil Ward had a bad day from time to time. Anybody remember old Virgil?????

MAVERICK27
03-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah, we were just talking about bringing back the girlfriends thread......Might be a good time :)

HuskerRod
03-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, we were just talking about bringing back the girlfriends thread......Might be a good time :)

If you do, keep it on the lowdown would you. If my wife finds out I'm a dead man!!!!!! Im still in the doghouse after getting caught looking at the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

ART HILL
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
If you do, keep it on the lowdown would you. If my wife finds out I'm a dead man!!!!!! Im still in the doghouse after getting caught looking at the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

Come clean Rod, it was the Play Girl swimsuit addition. :Bug Eyes:

HuskerRod
03-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Why you I outta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!heheheheheheheheheheh e

bruce watson
03-02-2010, 07:03 PM

Art, I bet a lot of people didn't know that Rod was in the Play Girl calendar a few years ago. Of course, I'm sure it was just a coincidence that he was Mr. Febuary, the shortest month of the year.

JENSEN500
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
will do. hope you guys decide to go again....need someone to follow around!!

take care,len

Fire Ball
03-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Art, I bet a lot of people didn't know that Rod was in the Play Girl calendar a few years ago. Of course, I'm sure it was just a coincidence that he was Mr. Febuary, the shortest month of the year.

All I can say is LOL!
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Mike Phua
03-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Sea Addiction,

Well I actually had the opportunity to meet the gentleman the other day at Last Chance. Seems very respectable and like a cool dude. I introduced myself as the guy who called him out on another website. It's all good between us. He handled it pretty good by the way. He told me about some crazy threats that people were just taking it to another level and that's not cool.

Steve honestly I think the pic posting is just fanning the fire for people who are after you. I'm surrounded by tons of fisherman that call me on a day to day basis who are following your post here. Some of them make some pretty good points. Here was one that was just brought to me.

Tournaments at DVL since it's reopened: 10
Average amount of boats: 35
Largest fish caught : 9+
Average Big Fish: 6lbs
Largest Limit: 26lbs

And these are by some guys who fish Flw, Won bass Pro, Hall of fame anglers (Bill Semintel), local guides, and self employed people who have nothing else to do but fish DVL.

I think why your getting so much flack. Is there has never been someone so dominant at catching big fish ever and the ironic part it's being done from a rental boat with no electronics. I say bring out the family and have a good time and save the pics for the album. Take care.

Stormcrow
03-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Sea Addiction,

Well I actually had the opportunity to meet the gentleman the other day at Last Chance. Seems very respectable and like a cool dude. I introduced myself as the guy who called him out on another website. It's all good between us. He handled it pretty good by the way. He told me about some crazy threats that people were just taking it to another level and that's not cool.

Steve honestly I think the pic posting is just fanning the fire for people who are after you. I'm surrounded by tons of fisherman that call me on a day to day basis who are following your post here. Some of them make some pretty good points. Here was one that was just brought to me.

And these are by some guys who fish Flw, Won bass Pro, Hall of fame anglers (Bill Semintel), local guides, and self employed people who have nothing else to do but fish DVL.

I think why your getting so much flack. Is there has never been someone so dominant at catching big fish ever and the ironic part it's being done from a rental boat with no electronics. I say bring out the family and have a good time and save the pics for the album. Take care.

Well said.

Hey congrats on your second place finish behind Bill's team. I followed the tournament closely. I was rooting for you guys, youve always given me great advice.

What are you doing these days now that you arent at Anglers anymore?

Mike Phua
03-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Well said.

Hey congrats on your second place finish behind Bill's team. I followed the tournament closely. I was rooting for you guys, youve always given me great advice.

What are you doing these days now that you arent at Anglers anymore?

Thanks for the cheering us on! I actually own a Debt Settlement company. EverGreenfinancialcenter.com

Still Get out to fish every now and then. No where near Sea Addiction's catches but I was pretty happy with our catches the last few tournaments. Last one 4.6lb Average for 2 days will typically win on any body of water across the nation except some of the Texas ones. Only good for 2nd last weekend. Darn! Just tells you how good of a fishery we have. When your throwing back 4lbers in a tournament. You should be smiling like this :LOL: LOL......Take care guys. MP

HuskerRod
03-03-2010, 01:49 PM
debt settlement company????? You should be busy these days......hehehehehhe.

By the way Mike, thanks for posting and bailing me out. I was starting to sweat bullets with that Mr. February, shortest month of the year, Playgirl stuff........hehehehehehehe. Im your new number fan. You just passed Van Dam.

Mike Phua
03-03-2010, 02:04 PM
debt settlement company????? You should be busy these days......hehehehehhe.

By the way Mike, thanks for posting and bailing me out. I was starting to sweat bullets with that Mr. February, shortest month of the year, Playgirl stuff........hehehehehehehe. Im your new number fan. You just passed Van Dam.

Playgirl............LOL. Is that still a magazine? Hahaha

MAVERICK27
03-03-2010, 02:58 PM
This post is gettign damn funny. Husker has some good ones :) Its nice to see the water settle again. I'm headed to DVL tomorrow to throw from striper from the shore. Its been ages since I have done that. Any recent tips or hot tickets would be awesome in a PM. Thanks ALLLLLLL!!

SEA ADDICTION
03-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Sea Addiction,

Mike,

It was a pleasure meeting you as well. I do realize that there are some awsome anglers out there " such as yourself " who tear DVL up. I am what you referred to as one of the " self employed guys who has nothing else to do but fish DVL ". I have fished that lake MANY times from the original opening date off of my own private boats as well as rentals. I know that lake VERY well so a rental boat does just fine to say the least. You have to remember one thing... I dont post limits of big fish, I post one and two fish catches most of the time. On one occation i struck gold with a HUGE limit but that was ONE time. I get skunked sometimes as well. I respect your opinion Mike but never have i ever tried to be a big bad *ss bass guy... I'm proud of some of my catches and post my pics for the same reason everyone else does... I'll keep doing so if im so lucky enough to continue my sucess at DVL. Looking forward to using those baits i purchased while you were there, the big TT's and the new 6" floater BBZ. Many people have seen me catch these big fish, No one has seen me do anything but fish for trout as far as that goes. I fish for cats,LMB,striper,crappie-although not very successfull, and BIG bluegil like the near lake record from a few months ago. AGAIN, I'm not interested in tourny's unless its a WON tourney for Catalina WSB.... Just a regular old fisherman who out fishes alot of these HATERS... Again, nice to meet you at the shop.

SEA ADDICTION
03-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Sea Addiction is money in the bank when it comes catching stripers and thread counts.....absolute money.

Actually Sea Addiction I think one of the reasons things tend to get controversial when you post is guys assume since you always are posting huge fish and seemingly almost every trip you must be doing something illegal. I assume you have your fare share of days where you don't have as much luck or any luck at all for that matter. I mean, no matter how good you are fishing is still fishing. I think even Virgil Ward had a bad day from time to time. Anybody remember old Virgil?????

Unfortunately i do not catch monsters on all of my trips and yes, My last trip out i was skunked. I either fish for trout,stripers or BIG LMB, i dont use alot of plastics, drop shot, carolina rig, ext. When i fish for bass i usually fish for toads. I do LOVE to sight fish and from what ive seen it will be hot if it isnt already....

Mike Phua
03-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Mike,

It was a pleasure meeting you as well. I do realize that there are some awsome anglers out there " such as yourself " who tear DVL up. I am what you referred to as one of the " self employed guys who has nothing else to do but fish DVL ". I have fished that lake MANY times from the original opening date off of my own private boats as well as rentals. I know that lake VERY well so a rental boat does just fine to say the least. You have to remember one thing... I dont post limits of big fish, I post one and two fish catches most of the time. On one occation i struck gold with a HUGE limit but that was ONE time. I get skunked sometimes as well. I respect your opinion Mike but never have i ever tried to be a big bad *ss bass guy... I'm proud of some of my catches and post my pics for the same reason everyone else does... I'll keep doing so if im so lucky enough to continue my sucess at DVL. Looking forward to using those baits i purchased while you were there, the big TT's and the new 6" floater BBZ. Many people have seen me catch these big fish, No one has seen me do anything but fish for trout as far as that goes. I fish for cats,LMB,striper,crappie-although not very successfull, and BIG bluegil like the near lake record from a few months ago. AGAIN, I'm not interested in tourny's unless its a WON tourney for Catalina WSB.... Just a regular old fisherman who out fishes alot of these HATERS... Again, nice to meet you at the shop.

I hope you didn't take my post as telling you what to do. I didn't mean it that way. The point I was trying to get across was: You've got guys on here after you, guys calling your house threatening you, and a whole other group calling you a Live Trout Chucker. Just alot of attention could be diverted if the pics weren't up so often. Gotta admit your gonna have a following everytime you post so you have to take the good with the bad. See ya guys out there. MP

SEA ADDICTION
03-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I hope you didn't take my post as telling you what to do. I didn't mean it that way. The point I was trying to get across was: You've got guys on here after you, guys calling your house threatening you, and a whole other group calling you a Live Trout Chucker. Just alot of attention could be diverted if the pics weren't up so often. Gotta admit your gonna have a following everytime you post so you have to take the good with the bad. See ya guys out there. MP

Mike, I know you weren't trying to tell me what to do. I took it as good advice to be honest. I'm just alittle stubborn sometimes I guess. I just may take your advice and limit my posts...Congrats by the way! Awsome job out there.

Rick Grover
03-03-2010, 09:21 PM
I think you all should sit around the campfire and sing Kum-By-Ya. Phua, you crack me up. Rick G.

Frenchy
03-03-2010, 10:52 PM
sick pics SA let the haters hate and drool over your pics they are just making excuses as to why they arent catching them and you are im going to find you out there one day and board your boat not to cause drama but to shake your hand and fish w you and learn your swim bait tech

Troutman65
03-03-2010, 11:10 PM
15 pages and still going . Sweet.

I think when people are calling your house and coming after you just because you catch big fish is just crazy.

Keep up the good work out at DVL.

oakboy
03-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Whoaaa!!!! I need to get out there, great job, dude!

bigfish420
03-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Man if I was Sea Addiction I would beat the crap out of all these guys talking ish!! What a bunch of sore loser faggots, GET OVER IT ALREADY!! No one has any proof if he used live trout or not. The guys talking about boarding your boat I would love for someone to say that to me cause you would get the beat down of your life!! Im gonna go fish DVL and post some fatty pics and say I caught them on live trout so some of these guys can come talk to me and get ***** SLAPPED into next week. Lucky for me Im 6'5 350lb and former sparring partner of Tito Ortiz so if you got beef bring it!!! Sea Addiction way to go on your sweet catches trout or no trout who gives a ****!

HuskerRod
03-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Man if I was Sea Addiction I would beat the crap out of all these guys talking ish!! What a bunch of sore loser faggots, GET OVER IT ALREADY!! No one has any proof if he used live trout or not. The guys talking about boarding your boat I would love for someone to say that to me cause you would get the beat down of your life!! Im gonna go fish DVL and post some fatty pics and say I caught them on live trout so some of these guys can come talk to me and get ***** SLAPPED into next week. Lucky for me Im 6'5 350lb and former sparring partner of Tito Ortiz so if you got beef bring it!!! Sea Addiction way to go on your sweet catches trout or no trout who gives a ****!

Bigfish420,

The only thing of Toni Ortizs' I could hold is his jockstrap. I sure as heck ain't gonna board your boat (unless of course Ken Shamrock is backing me up). So if you see a fella with a red Husker hat on don't beat me down.

Big Country
03-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Bigfish 420 sounds like my long lost twin brother...

Keep posting your pics SA...I love watching guys get tweeked and talk **** over photos. It brings me much joy to read their posts knowing all the while everyone else is laughing at em because their wound so tight.

F-ing idiots!!!

DarkShadow
03-04-2010, 10:20 AM
... don't beat me down.

Judging from a lot of the MMA I've watched lately, I'd be more concerned with being thrown down on a mat, and having some juiced up sweaty guy in tighty whiteys roll around the ground with me, twisting my arm until I yell "uncle," than receiving an ole fashioned beatdown.

Stormcrow
03-04-2010, 11:18 AM

I dont know who you are but I think your post is in incredibly POOR TASTE. Wow, you are threatening to beat the crap out of anyone who has an opinion? Is this some kind of JOKE? You dont scare me in the slightest. Ill be at Fred Hall Saturday and I will talk to you ANYTIME I feel like. Your 350 on my 275? ANYDAY big talker. You so much as THINK of raising a hand to me you will find yourself with crapped pants wandering around mumbling for MAMA. BOTTOM LINE: I CALL B.S. ON YOU BIG BOY

I think you should be BANNED for incredibly tasteless language and explosive verbal threats. If you have beef with someone, take it to P.M. Dont bring your 50 post account to this thread and threaten anybody who has an opinion in a public forum. I plan on forwarding your post to Dana. You dont even have a defendable opinion in your post! Your are TROLLING and your post is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE to the board.

ON another note...NOBODY should be threatening S.A. either. Calling is house? LUDICROUS. This thread should have been locked DAYS ago.

The sooner you are banned, the better. I am FULLY AVAILABLE to have this conversation in person.
Have a nice day.

Cangler
03-04-2010, 11:37 AM

I would'nt worry , anyone with 420 in their name is going to be delusional and paranoid .....

bigfish420
03-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I dont know who you are but I think your post is in incredibly POOR TASTE. Wow, you are threatening to beat the crap out of anyone who has an opinion? Is this some kind of JOKE? You dont scare me in the slightest. Ill be at Fred Hall Saturday and I will talk to you ANYTIME I feel like. Your 350 on my 275? ANYDAY big talker. You so much as THINK of raising a hand to me you will find yourself with crapped pants wandering around mumbling for MAMA. BOTTOM LINE: I CALL B.S. ON YOU BIG BOY

I think you should be BANNED for incredibly tasteless language and explosive verbal threats. If you have beef with someone, take it to P.M. Dont bring your 50 post account to this thread and threaten anybody who has an opinion in a public forum. I plan on forwarding your post to Dana. You dont even have a defendable opinion in your post! Your are TROLLING and your post is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE to the board.

ON another note...NOBODY should be threatening S.A. either. Calling is house? LUDICROUS. This thread should have been locked DAYS ago.

The sooner you are banned, the better. I am FULLY AVAILABLE to have this conversation in person.
Have a nice day.

Why wait till Saturday little biznatch!! 15968 Mariner Dr. HB 92649 come get some!! Lol crapped pants huh thats funny.

Stormcrow
03-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Why wait till Saturday little biznatch!! 15968 Mariner Dr. HB 92649 come get some!! Lol crapped pants huh thats funny.

LOL post your cell too. Dig that hole deeper bud. You dont scare anyone here. You have NO business threatening people. I can and will defend myself in a manner that will teach you a lesson to not let your mouth overload your ***. Youre a moron. You better check yourself again. I gotta fresh mushroom print ready for your forehead.

You are posting your addy? Why? YOU are the one threatening people, NOT ME. Why dont YOU come and get some? You know where I will be. If you are so insistent on THREATENING people Im sure you will have no problem with the drive to Long Beach.

So by all means, if you feel the need to show up...go ahead, then threaten me and take a swing at me....Then see what happens.
:-)

And to add insult to injury, you will also be arrested based on your threatening posts here as documented evidence. Then you can tell everyone in jail that you were worked over by a nerdy biology teacher. WOW, what a story to tell your kids. Assuming you could get a whore to sleep with you.

have a nice day.

bigfish420
03-04-2010, 12:48 PM
You know what your totally right, I should not have threatened anyone in here just for posting there opinions. I was very upset and let lose on you guys for that I apologize. I should not have posted what I did, so again I apologize to you and everyone I may have offended.

DarkShadow
03-04-2010, 12:51 PM
So the fight's off!?

I paid $59.99 to watch it on Pay Per View!

Stormcrow
03-04-2010, 12:56 PM
You know what your totally right, I should not have threatened anyone in here just for posting there opinions. I was very upset and let lose on you guys for that I apologize. I should not have posted what I did, so again I apologize to you and everyone I may have offended.

I fully accept your apology. This whole thread has brought out the worst in people. Lets all go on and enjoy fishing!

bigfish420
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes your 100% correct its amazing what one post can do to someone.

WormFisher
03-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Man this thread has it all, drama, crazy threats of violence for a relatively calm sport like fishing. It's fishing everyone.

Like Sgt Hulka said "lighten up Francis"

HuskerRod
03-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I fully accept your apology. This whole thread has brought out the worst in people. Lets all go on and enjoy fishing!

WAy to work it out fellas. Does anybody remember what the original post was about???

Cangler
03-04-2010, 01:54 PM
WAy to work it out fellas. Doesn't nybody remember what the original post was about???

Isnt this the "Thresher" thread ?

HuskerRod
03-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Is "The Thresher" an MMA move?????

Almost 10,000 hits....Sea Addiction you ar officially enlisted in the FNN Hall of Fame. Anybody that gets 10,000 hits is in autimatically. Kind of like the 10,000 hit threshold in baseball that gets you in the "Hall", but minus the steroids and "andro"

MAVERICK27
03-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Wow, I am impressed with how fast two guys were going to beat each other down and how fast they both de-escalated. Still a nice ending though. The funny picture I had in my head though was a 275lb guy or a 35lb guy stepping into anyones boat without tipping a rental over hahahah, sorry I couldnt resist..it was just a funny visual.

Anyway, I just thought I would show you the TOADS I catch (sacrificing myself for laughs :)

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/012.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/IMG_2308.jpg

So, now that we are all playing nice, can we get back to posting pics of our girlfriends who fish? :)

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp44/MAVERICKandCRVZ/040-1.jpg

HuskerRod
03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
That's one lucky catfish.

Hey Maverick,

Can I get her number in case it doesn' work out between you two...........hehehehehehehehehe

sansou
03-04-2010, 05:47 PM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk274/sansou/x23330322.jpg

After all that has been said on this thread, some of ya'll may want to wear sport some of these the next time your at DVL. :LOL:

MAVERICK27
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
haha, nice one Husker. If so, then you have to support my 21 mo old twin boys too then :)

HuskerRod
03-04-2010, 07:17 PM
haha, nice one Husker. If so, then you have to support my 21 mo old twin boys too then :)

Forget it!!!! In this economy I can hardly afford myself. Plus I got my own "ball and chain" busting my chops at every opportunity. Marrying her seemed like a great idea at the time, but that was before her mom, my mother in law, decided to come visit and never left. Now I gots both of them to deal with 24/7.

DarkShadow
03-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Marrying her seemed like a great idea at the time, but that was before her mom, my mother in law, decided to come visit and never left. Now I gots both of them to deal with 24/7.

That explains why you're at the lake 3 times a week. (And twice on the weekends)

Makes sense.

SEA ADDICTION
03-04-2010, 07:30 PM

Alot of this i take with a grain of salt... If anyone tryed to board my boat believe me it would be ON!!!

SEA ADDICTION
03-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Bigfish 420 sounds like my long lost twin brother...

Keep posting your pics SA...I love watching guys get tweeked and talk **** over photos. It brings me much joy to read their posts knowing all the while everyone else is laughing at em because their wound so tight.

F-ing idiots!!!

Oh i will, All this makes for some good reads.... We need to get jeff out there and kill some fish!

HuskerRod
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
That explains why you're at the lake 3 times a week. (And twice on the weekends)

Makes sense.

Shadow,

That ain't the half of it. The "Ball and Chain" and her mom like animals so my house is like "Wild Kingdom". You sleep with a cat on your hip, a dog or two snoring in your ear, and if your really unlucky a ferret nuzzled up around mid-groin level. No sleeping Commando at my house...for sure. I think I could get a better night sleep on the back lawn, sprinklers be damned!!!!!

SEA ADDICTION
03-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Forget it!!!! In this economy I can hardly afford myself. Plus I got my own "ball and chain" busting my chops at every opportunity. Marrying her seemed like a great idea at the time, but that was before her mom, my mother in law, decided to come visit and never left. Now I gots both of them to deal with 24/7.

Thats some funny stuff...... LOL

Katnip
03-04-2010, 10:24 PM
My girl's got three white boxers and they all have gas every morning. I feel your pain...

fishincrave
03-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Sooooo i've been following this thread for about two weeks now.
First off Great catch SA looks like you have DVL dialed in .
So this thing went from great catches to hating, to threatning and boarding others boats for fights,
then talking about wifes with there mothers moving in , and the best of all about dogs that have gas in the morning ............. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:What a country thanks all you've made me laugh for a while a much needed laughs at that :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:peace all .

Sean

SEA ADDICTION
03-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Gona try to get out there today... Conditions seem to perfect.

HuskerRod
03-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Sooooo i've been following this thread for about two weeks now.
First off Great catch SA looks like you have DVL dialed in .
So this thing went from great catches to hating, to threatning and boarding others boats for fights,
then talking about wifes with there mothers moving in , and the best of all about dogs that have gas in the morning ............. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:What a country thanks all you've made me laugh for a while a much needed laughs at that :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:peace all .

Sean

That ain't the half of it Fishincrave,

My wife just talked me into buying a especially trained guard dog that had been professionally trained to walk the premises and night and provide protection. First dang night in the house I wake up in this highly trained, highly expensive, security dog is sound asleep under the sheets in the bed.................................uuuugggggggggg hhhhhhhhhhh

HuskerRod
03-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Gona try to get out there today... Conditions seem to perfect.

Hey SeaAddcition,
I can't wait for your post. The write up and pics are great, but the comments and threads that follow are priceless.

MAVERICK27
03-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah this is getting quite funny. I keep logging on to see what Husker says about his hellarious home life !!

SEA ADDICTION
03-05-2010, 11:40 AM
On the water report: HUGE striper,LMB on the boat.... Another video comming... Its on fire!!!!!! Witnesses as well, ill prove my point....

basser1
03-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh God, Here we go....What point are you going to prove??

My opinion, just save it for yourself...

Your going to need to ditch the shovel for a tractor..gettin deep

wickedpsi
03-05-2010, 01:40 PM
i was out there today and saw sea addiction use LMB as bait to catch that huge striper!

DarkShadow
03-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Another video!!!???

I can't wait.

You should just post ur video and report on this thread so it can hit 20K views.

Catch 'n' Release
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
damn probably all the ones we released yesterday lol.

Hurry up with the vid, i'm bored at work till 7 and need somethin to do man.

please no driveway dead fish pics :D

SEA ADDICTION
03-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Here are a few pics from today. Just got home and the wife wants fish tacos, The video from today is of a striper caught on a tripple trout.... Its the last half of the fight> Have to do a bunch of crap to upload the vid from my phone to computer and then to youtube to get the link... No time right now. Guys the stripers are GOING OFF out there. Lots of fish caught today and one rental with two guys got 9. Inlet tower was the spot. My brother hooked several fish that came unbuttoned but we did manage the one pictured. If you can get out there tomorrow it should go wide open... Great day of bass fishing also, Nothing real big but some real quality fish as you can see. Even got a cat fish today for a kicker.

phantom 34
03-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Shadow,

That ain't the half of it. The "Ball and Chain" and her mom like animals so my house is like "Wild Kingdom". You sleep with a cat on your hip, a dog or two snoring in your ear, and if your really unlucky a ferret nuzzled up around mid-groin level. No sleeping Commando at my house...for sure. I think I could get a better night sleep on the back lawn, sprinklers be damned!!!!!
had a pretty rough day today at work but reading your posts cracks me up and just made my rough day at work go away.thanks rod keep em coming

SEA ADDICTION
03-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh God, Here we go....What point are you going to prove??

My opinion, just save it for yourself...

Your going to need to ditch the shovel for a tractor..gettin deep

Seriously man whats your problem? Like many have said before YOUR JEALOUS. Why dont you go fishing yourself instead of bashing my thread? Only thing getting deep here is your envy of me. Dont you get it MR. Basser, You have been wrong sice day one! Would you believe Greg Silks? He saw me catch several fish today as did many other boats, Hopefully someone who was out there will chime in here. Your funny bro, VERY funny.......

Frenchy
03-05-2010, 06:29 PM
that does it im goin to dvl boarding your boat and fishing w you and learning you mad skills no rerally when you goim out again

SEA ADDICTION
03-05-2010, 07:52 PM
that does it im goin to dvl boarding your boat and fishing w you and learning you mad skills no rerally when you goim out again

I wish i could go tomorrow but going to the mountains with the family. Next week for sure.

Frenchy
03-05-2010, 09:50 PM
ok im gettin on your boat some how or another i need to figure out swimbait bass at dvl get plenty of fish everywher else on the big bait just not at dvl lol

dgfishin
03-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I wish i could go tomorrow but going to the mountains with the family. Next week for sure.

have a great time with family!!!!! don't let this f....................... with your trip!holla when you get back

Fishbones
03-06-2010, 08:22 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/may/20/polygraph-machines-a-fact-of-life-in-fishing/
just a thought......for all the haters.......and not so good fisherman that question your skills...

bassgrabber1
03-06-2010, 09:52 AM
SEADDICTION ....I just want to say that you rock bro!! Way to catch those piggies.

the spinning reel bandit
03-06-2010, 10:30 AM
SEADDICTION ....I just want to say that you rock bro!! Way to catch those piggies.

ATTENTIONADDICION I love you so much, i get so exicited when i see you have posted a new report!!!! Sometime i cant believe that we are on the same site together! You are so AWESOME!!!! All i wish for is to be on the same boat as you!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

basser1
03-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Seriously man whats your problem? Like many have said before YOUR JEALOUS. Why dont you go fishing yourself instead of bashing my thread? Only thing getting deep here is your envy of me. Dont you get it MR. Basser, You have been wrong sice day one! Would you believe Greg Silks? He saw me catch several fish today as did many other boats, Hopefully someone who was out there will chime in here. Your funny bro, VERY funny.......

I was fishing, in fact, I tend to put my money where my mouth is. I have been out on Havasu every week pre-fishing for what we call tournaments. So yes I get JEALOUS over you so easy.... LOL

I only jump on you when something is staged or just plain funny....And frankly you tend to be funny ALOT!!!

RngrAngler18
03-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Awesome catch SEA ADDICTION keep posting man forget the haters

SEA ADDICTION
03-06-2010, 07:34 PM
ATTENTIONADDICION I love you so much, i get so exicited when i see you have posted a new report!!!! Sometime i cant believe that we are on the same site together! You are so AWESOME!!!! All i wish for is to be on the same boat as you!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Maybe you can rip your panties off and throw them in my boat if you see me! Glad to see your still in denial.

SEA ADDICTION
03-06-2010, 07:49 PM
I was fishing, in fact, I tend to put my money where my mouth is. I have been out on Havasu every week pre-fishing for what we call tournaments. So yes I get JEALOUS over you so easy.... LOL

I only jump on you when something is staged or just plain funny....And frankly you tend to be funny ALOT!!!

Good luck on your tourney. Look bro, I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone. You don't see me on some of the big bass sites trying to get praise and reconition from the tournament guys.It was assumed by a couple guys that I cheated to catch the fish I post and that's just B/S.. You don't have to fish tourneys to be a good angler, I've fished from the time I could walk till now and have learned a few things along the way. I just can't believe that you think I have to cheat to catch fish....

the spinning reel bandit
03-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Maybe you can rip your panties off and throw them in my boat if you see me! Glad to see your still in denial.

ha ha ha!!!! that was funny!!!nice fish no doubt, but some of these people on here are rediculous!!!!

bassgrabber1
03-07-2010, 11:56 AM
ha ha ha!!!! that was funny!!!nice fish no doubt, but some of these people on here are rediculous!!!!

Damn !!! I was just giving him props ...no need to be an ASSH@L$.

the spinning reel bandit
03-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Damn !!! I was just giving him props ...no need to be an ASSH@L$.
LOL, Its ok princess we all have had our first crush!!! It just so happened that yours was on a MAN!!!!!

K.C.K.
03-07-2010, 12:09 PM
http://www.swim-bait.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=770

Newfishsmell
03-07-2010, 02:57 PM
first of all props on the big fish SEA ADDICTION ...

Hey SeaAddcition,
I can't wait for your post. The write up and pics are great, but the comments and threads that follow are priceless.

And HuskerRod you called it ....:Popcorn:

SEA ADDICTION
03-07-2010, 08:39 PM

I saw those guys fishing, They killed it! They must have cheated.... J/k They were working a small area slow trolling with the trolling motor on a rental. I think they were using some sort of big trout plastics. We made a pass by them and they seemed like di**s? Oh well, They had an awsome day for sure so props to them...

SEA ADDICTION
03-07-2010, 09:23 PM

"9" trouser trout" is what he said he caught them on... Guy at the dock actually says its a real bait named that? Anyone herd of this? LOL

Fishbones
03-07-2010, 09:40 PM
i have heard of the bait but never seen one before.....i sure hope its not a joke....lol

Big Country
03-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Nice catch SA...it was also nice to see Kevin Van Dam chime back in on this thread as well.

fish
03-08-2010, 04:48 PM
This is a simple question and is in no way accusing anyone:

I knew that using trout as live bait was illegal in California, but I never questioned it even bothered to think twice about it. But, this thread has made me wonder why it is illegal to use trout as bait?

Is the reasoning behind it biological? Countless google searches have yielded me no answer.

Fire Ball
03-08-2010, 05:51 PM
This is a simple question and is in no way accusing anyone:

I knew that using trout as live bait was illegal in California, but I never questioned it even bothered to think twice about it. But, this thread has made me wonder why it is illegal to use trout as bait?

Is the reasoning behind it biological? Countless google searches have yielded me no answer.

The same reason why you can't use bluegill or any other gamefish as bait....

THROWBACK RANGER
03-09-2010, 08:31 PM
i was told once by a D.V.L. local, "there are two kinds of striper fisherman. those who use trout, and those who lie." just stirring the pot!!!

fishincrave
03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
and the SAGA goes on :Popcorn::LOL::LOL::LOL:

IncredibleHuck
03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
:Dead Horse: Can't be too long till this thread gets locked....

HelloBendo420
03-09-2010, 08:58 PM
I would'nt worry , anyone with 420 in their name is going to be delusional and paranoid .....

:Twisted::Evil:whatever man... you're delusional and paranoid jacka$$.
i'm avaible to speak in person as well. i'll be at the fred hall show too....

oh wait, it passed already. forgetful maybe, but delusional and paranoid never!

oh yeah, nice feeeesh SA! keepem coming bra

SEA ADDICTION
03-10-2010, 08:20 PM
i was told once by a D.V.L. local, "there are two kinds of striper fisherman. those who use trout, and those who lie." just stirring the pot!!!

Now that all this trout talk is out ive been paying attention to other boats while fishing dvl and have seen some shaddy things. I even took a picture of a boat last trip out of a couple guys who didnt hide it too well. I was going to post it up but desided against it. I will say it was a 17' or 18' crestliner with two guys fishing the point across the lake from the marina... If that was someone on here i'd be alittle more cautious. Anyone can tell what was going on there and if i wanted to be an ***** i could post up your pic.

DarkShadow
03-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Anyone can tell what was going on there and if i wanted to be an ***** i could post up your pic.

You should post it anyhow.

Maybe then people will think twice when they decide to use freshwater sardines.

WormFisher
03-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Post it. If the picture is good enough it should speak for itself.

Cangler
03-11-2010, 07:34 AM
BTW ... Live baiting with trout is an awesome way to catch northern pike

K.C.K.
03-11-2010, 09:14 AM
If you have evidence that someone is live trout Poaching as a honest an ethical fisherman you should feel obligated to turn these $%sholes in. but if the pic is kind of iffy and is'nt clear to what these guys are doing then you would be guilty of false accusations just like the ones that have accused you. fishing live trout Poaching is illegal and hurts the fisheries too many trophy largemouths and stripers have meet their demise this way and it should be stopped ..

lurk 182
03-11-2010, 10:40 AM
there's a lot of this stuff going on. lots of people fishing live bluegill too. i don't think most people have a big problem with it, the trout are going to get eaten one way or another. i think people are bummed that someone would come on a public site and start claiming super unusual catches again and again while insisting that it was pure skill using standard techniques that allow him to consistently out-perform some of the most skilled tournament fishermen in SoCal. or maybe i'm just a "hater".

Big Country
03-11-2010, 11:02 AM
without any proof of the illegal activity lurk 182, your negative comments present you as a "hater" for lack of a better term.

IMHO, if you have proof of someone fishing illegally, then by all means turn them in to the dfg, blast them on a blog, etc.

if you simply come on here and assume someone is doing something illegal without any proof and you're negatively commenting on it, then your a hater

K.C.K.
03-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Ive got no problem with people fishing live bait as long as it is legal and not going to end up killed either on the dinner table or in the livewell to be taken to the marina to get weighted and a pic. large striper and largemouth are more fragile then most think, If you cant catch a big one with your skills and have to resort to fish live trout or gills I feel sorry for you. pretty pathetic.. dont get me wrong you can do whatever you want with a legally caught fish.
If you think it ok to fish live trout then why not gill nets?????????? they are going to get eatin anyways right

lurk 182
03-11-2010, 11:56 AM
without any proof of the illegal activity lurk 182, your negative comments present you as a "hater" for lack of a better term.

IMHO, if you have proof of someone fishing illegally, then by all means turn them in to the dfg, blast them on a blog, etc.

if you simply come on here and assume someone is doing something illegal without any proof and you're negatively commenting on it, then your a hater

i wasn't fishing with the guy, how could i have any proof? i guess everyone who's been surprised by the results this guy has had in the last couple months are all haters. this guy has had more than a couple above average days out there, WAY above the average that hall of fame tourney anglers are having anyway. i think the video that was removed from you tube a couple weeks ago was all most of us haters needed to see, but its gone now.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?42999-What-happened-to-the-video-DVL-bass
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?42526-1-23-10-We-Absolutely-KILLED-Em-today
http://www.westernbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55967&postdays=0&postorder=asc&topic_view=&start=0

bigfish420
03-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Do you butt hook the bluegills like you would a trout or do they get rigged differently? If everyones doing it I dont want to feel left out..lol What about using live rats or mice? Frogs also yeah

PS you can pm me if your afraid to discuss on the main board.

ToonaTangler
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Wow I just spent an hour reading this whole thing, this is crazy!!! Lol I kinda like it. Anyways hope its not always this crazy in here

Big Country
03-11-2010, 02:09 PM
I've seen and read all those - nothing supporting illegal activity so what's your point?

I stand by my definition...show me proof and I'll flip a 180 on Sea Addiction faster than a 2008 President Obama supporter!

Until then, GREAT job SA and keep the pics coming and anyone talkin' the szyat is just hatin!

SEA ADDICTION
03-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I've seen and read all those - nothing supporting illegal activity so what's your point?

I stand by my definition...show me proof and I'll flip a 180 on Sea Addiction faster than a 2008 President Obama supporter!

Until then, GREAT job SA and keep the pics coming and anyone talkin' the szyat is just hatin!

Lots of haters for sure. I dont think they understand that ive fished this lake since the original opening date and know the lake better than most tourney guys. They only look at my big fish with question, nothing is ever said about the small mouth and many 2-5lb bass. I could realy care less anymore.... One of these days we will hit it up out there...

SEA ADDICTION
03-11-2010, 05:14 PM
i wasn't fishing with the guy, how could i have any proof? i guess everyone who's been surprised by the results this guy has had in the last couple months are all haters. this guy has had more than a couple above average days out there, WAY above the average that hall of fame tourney anglers are having anyway. i think the video that was removed from you tube a couple weeks ago was all most of us haters needed to see, but its gone now.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?42999-What-happened-to-the-video-DVL-bass
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?42526-1-23-10-We-Absolutely-KILLED-Em-today
http://www.westernbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55967&postdays=0&postorder=asc&topic_view=&start=0

Vid is still up... wont post it here but on the "other" site its still up... One of these days ill go through the hassle of putting another vid up of a big striper on the tripple trout, For all the hatters to drool over of course.....

SEA ADDICTION
03-11-2010, 05:27 PM
If you have evidence that someone is live trout Poaching as a honest an ethical fisherman you should feel obligated to turn these $%sholes in. but if the pic is kind of iffy and is'nt clear to what these guys are doing then you would be guilty of false accusations just like the ones that have accused you. fishing live trout Poaching is illegal and hurts the fisheries too many trophy largemouths and stripers have meet their demise this way and it should be stopped ..

We could clearly see them unhooking the trout and putting a new one on along the side of the boat, then toss it out like a sardine. The pics show one guy bent down on the side of the boat hooking a new bait for his partner and a trout in mid air for the cast.... However its not 100% clear from the pic. and could be called a Lure by some. I would never turn them in anyways. The purpose for the pics was to show some guys on here but i thought better of it and will NOT post them up. I dont need anymore drama. As long as people are minding there oun business they can do whatever they want. I just couldnt bring myself to run to the dock and tattle or call DFG. If someone was in danger or there was a theft involved sure, but fishing with live bait..... I'll leave that up to the guy who called and told the marina that a boat ran up the shore...... I couldnt believe that post

K.C.K.
03-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Its not about minding your own business, 10 years from now everyone will be saying were did all those big stripers go
guys fishing live trout are not about catch & release they are all about killing a big fish and eating it or selling it for 5 bucks a pound
I have zero Problems with people taking home fish but the odds are if you are fishing live trout you will stick a pig. trout are like heroin to the addict, candy to the baby,
I guess I'm just a tool for thinking that to get a big fish you need to wake up at three to get on the lake at the crack of dawn, throw a 3 to 6 oz swimbait for 8 to 12 hours just to get that one big bite.
ill just wake up at 8 am , show up at the lake at 9 throw some power bait on a hook and catch some bait, flyline a trout on the bottom and catch that fish of a lifetime,, Pathetic !!!!!
These are everone's fish out there but if you are poaching they are not.....
Sorry this is just my opinion but my dad always taught me to catch that big fish YOU HAVE TO PAY YOUR DUES..
Sorry If I see someone poaching I will be the first to turn them in and let them know who did it..

Catch 'n' Release
03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Its not about minding your own business, 10 years from now everyone will be saying were did all those big stripers go
guys fishing live trout are not about catch & release they are all about killing a big fish and eating it or selling it for 5 bucks a pound
I have zero Problems with people taking home fish but the odds are if you are fishing live trout you will stick a pig. trout are like heroin to the addict, candy to the baby,
I guess I'm just a tool for thinking that to get a big fish you need to wake up at three to get on the lake at the crack of dawn, throw a 3 to 6 oz swimbait for 8 to 12 hours just to get that one big bite.
ill just wake up at 8 am , show up at the lake at 9 throw some power bait on a hook and catch some bait, flyline a trout on the bottom and catch that fish of a lifetime,, Pathetic !!!!!
These are everone's fish out there but if you are poaching they are not.....
Sorry this is just my opinion but my dad always taught me to catch that big fish YOU HAVE TO PAY YOUR DUES..
Sorry If I see someone poaching I will be the first to turn them in and let them know who did it..

Thank god someone with a freakin brain.

Yo Sea Add. post these idiots pics so we can rip on em lol

HuskerRod
03-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Yah,

Those would be some interesting pics. Did you see them get any bass or stripers? A few weeks ago a group of guys were eye balling me in one of the coves. We were all fishing from shore. Pretty soon one tagged on a live trout and handlines the little guy out. Ten minutes or so later the trout must have traveled down the bank as it got caught in my line. I started reeling the guys line in and he got that real "warm and fuzzy feeling on his face" as he started to feed out line preparing for the slaughter and hook up. At the last second I got my hook off and the water lit up in front of me as either a big bass or striper smashed his trout, but it got him tangled. All he managed to real in was a pretty nasty treble hook.

SEA ADDICTION
03-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Yah,

Those would be some interesting pics. Did you see them get any bass or stripers? A few weeks ago a group of guys were eye balling me in one of the coves. We were all fishing from shore. Pretty soon one tagged on a live trout and handlines the little guy out. Ten minutes or so later the trout must have traveled down the bank as it got caught in my line. I started reeling the guys line in and he got that real "warm and fuzzy feeling on his face" as he started to feed out line preparing for the slaughter and hook up. At the last second I got my hook off and the water lit up in front of me as either a big bass or striper smashed his trout, but it got him tangled. All he managed to real in was a pretty nasty treble hook.

They were setting the hook hard, Rod would go bendo and the fight would last a few seconds and it would get off? Never did see them pull anything they caught onto the boat but later in the afternoon we saw them there again so they must have caught something..... If Indymusky was there he would of boarded there boat....LOL

SEA ADDICTION
03-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Thank god someone with a freakin brain.

I just cant do it.... Somehow it would get turned around on me and id be known as the "Rat" Maybe next time... I always have a camera...

Spooled
03-11-2010, 08:39 PM

Come on now - poachers don't report on each other.

HuskerRod
03-13-2010, 08:28 PM

Well with that being said I think this thread finally has died some 24 pages later. What the details of the original thread were I have no idea. Maybe me chining in here will re-liven up this thread again.

ART HILL
03-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Who caught what, where, and how?

SEA ADDICTION
03-14-2010, 07:52 AM

Did you sign up to FNN just to post that comment?

basser1
03-14-2010, 10:56 AM
lots of haters for sure. i dont think they understand that ive fished this lake since the original opening date and know the lake better than most tourney guys. They only look at my big fish with question, nothing is ever said about the small mouth and many 2-5lb bass. I could realy care less anymore.... One of these days we will hit it up out there...

lol, lol, lol....

SEA ADDICTION
03-14-2010, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=basser1;438886]lol, lol, lol....[/QUOTE

That includes you....

diamondbear
03-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Like rodney says , why can't we all get along .

Fisherman57
03-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys, it was entertaining to say the least!
Maybe you guys can all head out together someday?........

Time to get back to fishing......