PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fishing goes off the Hook as Show Time comes up!

VineAssist
02-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Thats right folks the spring time fishing is off the hook at the lake. The past week has seen the Trout, Largemouth Bass and the panfish species in the lake go WFO! Literally I can not keep track of how many limits have been taken this week on the trout side with some really nice fish in the mix. The lakes resident Bass population has begun to move up in a prespawn pattern with fish being taken all over the lake. I have seen tons of fish in the 3b to 5lb class taken on a jig by some of the Anglers Marine staff. Fish in the 8lb class being the largest taken. Also as the water has begun to warm the Crappie and Bluegill have begun to stir as well with those fish being taken drifting mini jigs in the flats.

The trout bite has been really good on the West shore, woodys cove and in boat dock cove with the Chrt Garlic Gulp Dough, Salmon Peach Powerbait, Red Salmon Egg Powerbait and Rainbow Gulp Garlic Dough being the best bets when the rains have not been mixing up the lake. When the rains come it is strictly a nightcrawler bite. Like I stated earlier it has been almost impossible to keep a tally on the number of limits being taken. I know I sold at least a couple dozen second limit passes these past few days. Top fish of the week was this 10.10 Rainbow Trout taken by Dan Wackerman of Corona while fishing in Woodys Cove. Dan's kicker fish topped of his stringer which came in at 19lbs.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/P1010642.jpg
As I stated earlier it has been limit style fishing at the lake on the Trout side. Here is a nice limit checked in by Donald, Donna Rossa of Glendora and Mike Foster of HB with limits and double limits of trout. They had a total of 32 fish! All of their fish where caught on the West Shore with Powerbait.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/P1010640.jpg
Bass Fishing has literally exploded the past few weeks. A couple of anglers from the Bass superstore, Anglers Marine, came out to the lake as an escape and hammered the fish. Doug and his partner had a 25lb 5 fish limit with the better fish being taken on jigs. He told me that allmost every stick or rock had a fish on it and it was just stupid on a dropshot. Top fish of the spring so far was taken by Lynn Cardiel of Santa Ana with a 8lb Largemouth Bass taken on a junebug colored jig.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/GREATBASSPHOTO.jpg
Make sure to stop by the Irvine Lake booths at the upcoming shows at Bass Pro Shops this weekend and Fred Hall Show next week for the hot tickets for scoring wide open action. At the booth we will also be giving away the famous discount coupons and at Fred Hall not only we have our famous "1 dollar wheel of fortune!" at which you can win many great prizes from Westren Outdoor News, Pure Fishing, Lip Ripperz, Booyaa, Rapala and so much more! We will also have some pretty special prizes on Powerbaits, Gulp baits, 3" trout worms and much much more! Cant wait to see you all at the shows or on the water. It is going to be an AWESOME SPRING with a full lake that is stuffed with fish that are biting off the hook.

BRING IT
02-23-2010, 02:43 PM
very nice report jimbo, yes the lake is wfo. i fished mid last week & had a 16.4 stringer. also this monday, with a 4.6 lber. people up & down the shore are killin the place. GET OUT & FISH:Fishing Catch: gl & TL scott / team bring it:Guns:

Fishbones
02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
yeehaww.......irvines in fire,.......now i just have to figure out what species i want to catch....LOL

dixoncider
02-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the heads-up....Hope to make it this week

MAVERICK27
02-23-2010, 03:44 PM
I can agree....Saturday gave me a WFO troll bite that was EPIC dual 4lb+ fish.....Get out there. We've been waiting for all these trout in the lake to wake up and WAKE UP they did!! See ya there Saturday!!!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-23-2010, 03:45 PM
so is it no limit on trout or is it 5 still? if no limit, i'll be makin my way down there..

El Capo
02-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up Jimmy.

kewlwhip
02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
thats awesome-nice lookin bass and trout!!

i saw m stewart- was in SB today-

primo55
02-23-2010, 10:04 PM
last friday the bite was on fire!!See u guys saturday!

Seņor.Chilax
02-24-2010, 09:17 AM
so is it no limit on trout or is it 5 still? if no limit, i'll be makin my way down there..

No man, its still 5 fish limit. If you catch your limit and want to keep fishing, you have to go buy a 2nd limit pass, which gives you another 5 fish.