PDA

View Full Version : DVL has busted WIDE OPEN!!!!!

Pete Marino
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I went to DVL on Thursday to do a little recon with my buddy Barry. We bounced around the lake and got on a couple really strong patterns. Our best 5 for the day went about 19 lbs.

Then I went to DVL again on friday for a guide trip and it was WIDE OPEN!!!!!
Bob and Tom wanted to get out to DVL with me so I could teach them a few things and hopefully catch some nice bass.
They were last there the week before and only managed to catch 2 bass so they gave me a call and we set it up.

So I met them at the lake on friday and we went over the game plan for the day.
The plan was for them to throw BIG for the first hour or so looking for a Donkey. Then do some other stuff after that..

Off we go... We head to our first spot and Bob and Tom are both firing the big baits...we hit some really good big bait spots for no takers then we make a move. Again Bob and Tom are bombing the big baits looking for a hungry giant.. After about an hour and a half and only two followers later I ask them if they had enough and if they were ready to go catch some bass. Thats how swimbait fishing is, sometimes you get them, sometimes you dont. But its worth a try because the reward is so good.

So we put away the big baits and bust out the light line...
We pulled up to our first spot and I show them where we should be casting and on my first 3 casts I catch 3 bass in a row..:LOL::LOL: Needless to say they caught on VERY quickly because after about 6-7 mintues they started catching bass.
Bob got a healthy 3 lber then Tom quickly got into the action with a solid 3lber of his own...This went on the whole day until 1:40pm when Tom told me that as much as they didnt want to leave, they had to because they had to be home by 3 pm. So we called it a day.
Tom had to pay Bob 5 bucks because Bob caught the first bass between them but I think Tom may have caught the biggest bass between them because he had one about 4 1/2 lbs.
Bob and Tom caught a total of about 35 bass, we lost count after a bathroom break.
Both Bob and Tom couldnt have been happier... they went last week and caught 2 and they come out with me and catch 35+.
Their biggest 5 went around 18 lbs.

At one point Tom said, "hey Im spoiled, its been 15 mintues and I havent caught one, I must be spoiled." :LOL::LOL:
Which as it turned out 2 mintues later he hooked another!!!
Needless to say they had a great time on DVL!!
All of their bass were caught in 2-16ft of water.

I went back on Sunday for the NBW event and caught over 35 bass again and weighed in 20+lbs. It was only good enough for 11th place, one out of the money:mad: but it was a good tournament and a great day of fishing yet again.. and it was with my wife to boot.:Envious::Envious:
Oh and for those guys that like to sight fish or for those of you who want to learn how to bedfish, the spawn has started at DVL... I caught 5 bedfish on Sunday under terrible sight fishing conditons and I caught 4 on Thursday. So give me a call and I'll get you out there and show you the ropes about sight fishing for spawning fish. If bedfishing isnt your thing then thats okay because Im on a few other REALLY good patterns right now as well.

Here are some pics from Bob and Toms day......

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1938.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1937.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1936.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1934.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1940.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_1933.jpg

Guys DVL has busted wide open. Its time to get out there with me so you can have a great day on one of Californias Best lakes!!
Call or PM me and we will set up your trip.

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideservice.com
(909) 510-5679

Newfishsmell
02-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I have one word...WOW

MAVERICK27
02-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Great day fishing! What a motivator. I need to get out there for some bass! I just bought a different boat an now the motor doesn't comply :(

Rod Wynn
02-23-2010, 03:50 PM
one of Californias Best lakes

Good report Pete..

BTW....I am going to go on the record and say that DVL is actually one of the best FISHING lakes in the COUNTRY..
Where else in the USA can you go and get 20+ pounds and not get a check..
Or let alone, where else can you go and catch 20+ pounds on the regular ALL YEAR LONG..?

HuskerRod
02-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Good report Pete..

BTW....I am going to go on the record and say that DVL is actually one of the best FISHING lakes in the COUNTRY..
Where else in the USA can you go and get 20+ pounds and not get a check..
Or let alone, where else can you go and catch 20+ pounds on the regular ALL YEAR LONG..?

Best lake in the country??? Ugh, now that line in the morning is really gonna get long.

Pete Marino
02-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Rod,

When DVL is firing on all cylinders its tough to find a better lake around anywhere.
That being said, alot of lakes have there time and place... for instance there is no lake Id rather fish in October than Havasu. When the smallies are on that fall chew there is no place Id rather be.
The beauty of living here in So Cal is that we ALWAYS have a good lake to go to regardless of the time of year. At least on of our lakes is always popping.
It sure beats back in Minnisota where they are still frozen over...uhhgg!! That would suck!!
Ive been saying that pound for pound DVL is the mother of all lakes here in California.
Those Lake Erie smallies are supposed to be awesome as well...That is one lake I may fish soon..

goseango
02-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Best Lake in Country....... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:...not even in top 20

Nitro
02-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Hey Pete good job out there man!! Dude once again you have proven you are an awesome fisherman and a great guide!! I have to get out there man and get my line wet!!

Rod Wynn
02-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Best Lake in Country....... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:...not even in top 20

Men LIE
Women LIE
NUMBERS DON'T

Say what you want to but at the same time show me another lake that "puts out" like DVL..
DVL is such a whore!

Rod Wynn
02-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Rod,

When DVL is firing on all cylinders its tough to find a better lake around anywhere.
That being said, alot of lakes have there time and place... for instance there is no lake Id rather fish in October than Havasu. When the smallies are on that fall chew there is no place Id rather be.
The beauty of living here in So Cal is that we ALWAYS have a good lake to go to regardless of the time of year. At least on of our lakes is always popping.
It sure beats back in Minnisota where they are still frozen over...uhhgg!! That would suck!!
Ive been saying that pound for pound DVL is the mother of all lakes here in California.

I agree 100%
Havasu is GREAT when those smallies are chewing..

ART HILL
02-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Rod,

Those Lake Erie smallies are supposed to be awesome as well...That is one lake I may fish soon..

I agree with Pete 100 % on Diamond Valley Lake being the best lake in California, pound for pound. With the exception of this past weekends giants produced at Lake Perris by Pat and Rob during a tournament, where else does it take almost 30 pounds, and sometimes more, to place in a tournament. And along with Vail Lake, where better to learn how to catch bass. DVL is a special place, and we are very lucky to have her in our back yard.

Great job Pete on putting you customers on some very nice fish. You can tell by their smiles they a very happy. You will have return customers for sure with them.