PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon 2/21 - Giant Hawg?

Fire Ball
02-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Me and Robo Bass hit Castaic Tackle this morning so that Robo Bass could buy a couple lures and then we were off to the Lagoon. We started working the rip rap and Robo Bass saw a bass in the shallows, but he spooked it. We continued to work the rip rap for nothing. Then we moved over to another spot and found quite a few more bass, but they got spooked very easily! I moved again and then hook up on the drop shot. I reeled it in and it was a nice bass just over 2 lbs! We moved once again and then I hook up pretty fast. I reeled it in and it was another 2 lber! A little while after that, I hooked into yet another bass and Robo Bass still hadn't caught anything! I reeled in the bass, but it was only 1.5 lbs. Robo Bass finally hooked up and it was just under 2 lbs, but his line snapped right when he was landing it! He was still able to land it, because it swam up on his leg after it broke off!! Shortly after Robo caught his first bass of the day, I caught another but it was only 1 lb. I hooked up again on what felt like a nice 2 lber, but I farmed it! I was so upset! A little while after that, I catch another bass and it was 3 lbs! I was lifting it into my tube and I hadn't retied or anything after all of the fish, so my line/knot was weak and it broke, but I managed to grab it right when it broke off! It put up a nice fight until the very end and I was glad to catch that after I farm the previous one. A few minutes before we were going to leave, Robo Bass hooked into another bass, but it was only 1 lb. Today was a great day and it only rained a little bit and I am glad that the fishing at the Lagoon has picked up! The water was 57 degrees and the fish have moved up a lot into shallower water, but still not super shallow. I can't wait until spring! I talked to a bunch of people out on the water and they all seemed pretty cool. It was nice to meet you Goonie1, along with the other guys that weren't on any websites.

The first fish of the day, a 2 lber.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9138/bass16.jpg

Second fish of the day and the first fish at the new spot. It weighed 2 lbs also.
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1750/bass17.jpg

Another bass, but only 1.5 lbs.
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5486/bass18.jpg

Another 1 lber, but still fun.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8518/bass19.jpg

A very nice 3 lb bass!
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6656/bass20.jpg

Robo Bass's first bass of the day, weighing almost 2 lbs.
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8950/codybass5.jpg

Robo Bass's last bass, but it was just under 1 lb.
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/619/codybass6.jpg

Oh ya, I forgot to mention this fish!!! A 14 lber! JK, Butch had me take a picture with it to mess with you guys! HAHA!
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7341/dsc01563f.jpg

AAKK
02-21-2010, 09:43 PM
dude,you're a legend in the lagoon

GeordyBass
02-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Nice Job Fireball, Robo, and Butch! You guys put a little slay on in these tough conditions! You guys are puttin the time, and it's damn well payin off!

Hometown
02-21-2010, 10:03 PM
good job fireball you are a quick learner I been fishing a long time and I no a good fishermen when I see one.You put the time in and learn its nice to see the younger people still like the outdoors.

Fire Ball
02-21-2010, 10:09 PM

Thanks. I had them dialed in today.

Nice Job Fireball, Robo, and Butch! You guys put a little slay on in these tough conditions! You guys are puttin the time, and it's damn well payin off!

Thank Geordy! If I would have moved around a little more, then I would have caught a couple more bass. I stayed near an area for most of the day where I could actually see fish, but those fish were really spooky! I only managed one over there and it was not a sight fish. I wasted way too much time over there, lol.

good job fireball you are a quick learner I been fishing a long time and I no a good fishermen when I see one.You put the time in and learn its nice to see the younger people still like the outdoors.

Thanks! More people my age need to start fishing! Are you going to the Lagoon anytime soon?

Newfishsmell
02-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Looks like you guys had a good day ...
and that 14lb'er sweet , I was there this morning and seen him fishing , I had one eye on my
line and other watching and waiting for him to pull out a giant bass...cool to see pic .

Fire Ball
02-21-2010, 10:32 PM

Looks like you guys had a good day ...
and that 14lb'er sweet , I was there this morning and seen him fishing , I had one eye on my
line and other watching and waiting for him to pull out a giant bass...cool to see pic .

How long did you stay? Did you see me and Robo Bass? I was amazed when he took that huge bass out of the livewell and I saw how fat its belly was!

Newfishsmell
02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
How long did you stay? Did you see me and Robo Bass? I was amazed when he took that huge bass out of the livewell and I saw how fat its belly was!

Hi Fire Ball
I only stayed until 12:00 you must of showed up later...

Fire Ball
02-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi Fire Ball
I only stayed until 12:00 you must of showed up later...

I was there since like 7:15 or 7:30, but me and Robo Bass stayed on shore for a long time when we got there to rig everything up and I showed Robo Bass how to use his new baitcaster, so he need a little practice, lol. We fish the West side or the rip rap for the entire morning. We didn't move to the East side until later.

Newfishsmell
02-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I was there since like 7:15 or 7:30, but me and Robo Bass stayed on shore for a long time when we got there to rig everything up and I showed Robo Bass how to use his new baitcaster, so he need a little practice, lol. We fish the West side or the rip rap for the entire morning. We didn't move to the East side until later.

Ah thats why , I thought you might be there so I was looking.
I did ok check out my report...

Socal Bassman
02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Great job out there with the given conditions. You've put your time in and it definitely shows.

Yeah, Butch Brown pulls out the craziest fish out of there. The last time I fished up there with Bassguy, Butch was pulling out a 10+lb. bass to show us but it jumped out of the well and into the lake. Then he said "Oh well, it was just another 10lber."

Fire Ball
02-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Great job out there with the given conditions. You've put your time in and it definitely shows.

Yeah, Butch Brown pulls out the craziest fish out of there. The last time I fished up there with Bassguy, Butch was pulling out a 10+lb. bass to show us but it jumped out of the well and into the lake. Then he said "Oh well, it was just another 10lber."

Thanks. He has caught so many 10+ lbers that it doesn't matter, haha. Butch has helping me out with the swimbait tips and I am going to bring my swimbait setup next week and try and catch some beasts like he does.

TopwaterTony
02-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Way to catch em Fire_Ball, with the time you put in, pretty soon there could be a 10+ lber on your line in that tube. Get ready for the ride :-) I need to get out there in my tube one of these days.

D-Cat Napper
02-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeordyBass
02-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Hey Fireball, when My tube is repaired I'm taking her out to throw out swimmies with you and Cody. Need to buy swimmies now. lmao

BassButcher
02-22-2010, 01:20 AM
great job out there!

M@M
02-22-2010, 06:17 AM
Nice report and pics! Tubing looks like fun, nice set-up !

cutbait
02-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Hey Fireball, when My tube is repaired I'm taking her out to throw out swimmies with you and Cody. Need to buy swimmies now. lmao

Translates into: when I get my tractor tube patched at the tire shop!

Way to go FB. Hometown is right. Your gonna be good.

Ray Lopez
02-22-2010, 08:07 AM
good job out there guys. I'm about to head out right now for some bass'n

Gonna take my tube but it says it's pretty windy.

I have noticed that the east shore has been kicking off right now.

I knew i should've gone out yesterday but i had to stay in and take care of the little lady since she is sick.

Nice slay boys

you guys ae getting in on them fish pretty good and pretty fast.

Just wait till next month when the fishing should really start kicking off.

I think the bass are in pre pre spawn mode. Soon they should be hitting the shallows allot more.

Trout-Chaser
02-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Beautiful fish, man! Way to go.!

SDDave
02-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Biiaaacccttthhh,
Taking a pic with someone else's fish and posting it... wow!!!
How come your mommy lets you out of the house with your PJ's on ....

bassguy
02-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Great job out there guys. I was out there Saturday, only landed 2. I also noticed the fish moving to shallower water, 10- 20 ft.

Is it me, or is the visibility about 15 ft? I haven't fished the Lagoon lately, but I did notice a considerable improvement.

Surprised I didn't see you out there Saturday, only one other tuber beside myself, didn't see Butch either.

Fire Ball
02-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Biiaaacccttthhh,
Taking a pic with someone else's fish and posting it... wow!!!
How come your mommy lets you out of the house with your PJ's on ....

Obviously you didn't read the entire caption: "JK, Butch had me take a picture with it to mess with you guys! HAHA!"
Now either stop posting in my threads or stop the hate. All I see from you nowadays is HATE, HATE, HATE. I haven't seen it in my threads until now, but I have seen it in others.

Great job out there guys. I was out there Saturday, only landed 2. I also noticed the fish moving to shallower water, 10- 20 ft.

Is it me, or is the visibility about 15 ft? I haven't fished the Lagoon lately, but I did notice a considerable improvement.

Surprised I didn't see you out there Saturday, only one other tuber beside myself, didn't see Butch either.

The water was extremely clear. Definitely 15 ft of visibility! I need to downsize my line size since the water is so clear. I usually only go Sundays because Robo Bass cannot go on Saturdays and most of the time I can't get a ride otherwise. I will start going Saturdays and Sundays too and maybe weekdays even once I get my license.

adriiiian
02-22-2010, 05:43 PM
sick widit!!
fireball your a legend pahaha

GeordyBass
02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Dont let sd get to you Bryan. He's just being a jerk.

Fire Ball
02-22-2010, 05:50 PM
sick widit!!

Thanks. Did you ever fish the Lagoon again after the day I saw you?

Dont let sd get to you Bryan. He's just being a jerk.

Of course Geordy. I don't let any of the hate get to me. :Rolls Eyes:

adriiiian
02-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Nah I havent.
We did try Casitas from the shore.The guy next to me sited a nice 3lber and landed him.
But we didnt even get a nibble.
Hows Castaic?

Fire Ball
02-22-2010, 06:02 PM
sick widit!!

Nah I havent.
We did try Casitas from the shore.The guy next to me sited a nice 3lber and landed him.
But we didnt even get a nibble.
Hows Castaic?

That stinks. The Lagoon has definitely gotten better and you should try it out again soon.

DEADROOTS
02-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Good work out there man!

adriiiian
02-22-2010, 06:20 PM
yeah idk if its going to be the same on shore but we will definitely give it a try.

Fire Ball
02-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Good work out there man!

Thanks. I didn't catch anything in the area that you caught yours, haha. We did see one fish in that area though.

yeah idk if its going to be the same on shore but we will definitely give it a try.

I saw a couple shore anglers catch a couple and I gave a tip to one guy and he caught his only fish of the day using my tip.

adriiiian
02-22-2010, 06:41 PM
i want to get a float tube so i can get out and fish with you guys but not sure yet

Fire Ball
02-22-2010, 06:44 PM
i want to get a float tube so i can get out and fish with you guys but not sure yet

It is definitely a good investment. Try and get one cheap on here or on eBay. I know there are a coupe for sale right now in the classifieds section.

DEADROOTS
02-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Basspro has the Fishcat 4 on sale

SDDave
02-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Obviously you didn't read the entire caption: "JK, Butch had me take a picture with it to mess with you guys! HAHA!"
Now either stop posting in my threads or stop the hate. All I see from you nowadays is HATE, HATE, HATE. I haven't seen it in my threads until now, but I have seen it in others.

The water was extremely clear. Definitely 15 ft of visibility! I need to downsize my line size since the water is so clear. I usually only go Sundays because Robo Bass cannot go on Saturdays and most of the time I can't get a ride otherwise. I will start going Saturdays and Sundays too and maybe weekdays even once I get my license.

Just trying to toughen you up Balls... and trying to tell you about Bass etiquette, You don't take pictures with other peoples fish, joke or no joke. You use this Hate Hate Hate as if theres some gay bashing going on here?

My comments in other threads about Double Digit Largemouth Taco's stand for what I said, I don't take Kindly to people killing DD Largemouth bass and posting pictures of them to toot there horns.

And Again when you toot your own horn about your prowliness in fishing, you open yourself up to critiques.

Some people just fish and don't take a cell phone picture of everything they catch and post it on the internet, but if it works for you... good deal...

Fishbones
02-23-2010, 03:27 PM
great job FireBall..... i got my tube up and running.....lets kill em....

Fire Ball
02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Just trying to toughen you up Balls... and trying to tell you about Bass etiquette, You don't take pictures with other peoples fish, joke or no joke. You use this Hate Hate Hate as if theres some gay bashing going on here?

My comments in other threads about Double Digit Largemouth Taco's stand for what I said, I don't take Kindly to people killing DD Largemouth bass and posting pictures of them to toot there horns.

And Again when you toot your own horn about your prowliness in fishing, you open yourself up to critiques.

Some people just fish and don't take a cell phone picture of everything they catch and post it on the internet, but if it works for you... good deal...

I was not talking about your replies about killing LMB, I was talking about the one about the trout stocks at Castaic. I definitely agree that people shouldn't be killing bass. I enjoy writing reports and posting up pictures and other people enjoy reading and looking at the pictures. Btw, they are not cell phone pictures. They are high quality images taken with a digital camera.

great job FireBall..... i got my tube up and running.....lets kill em....

Are you going to be at the FNN float tuber meet up? I will probably go to the Lagoon again next week if the weather is good.

nismotech91
02-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for posting! Butch has that place dialed like no one else! Soon you will too!

Newfishsmell
02-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey Fire Ball your message box is full ..

Fire Ball
02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for posting! Butch has that place dialed like no one else! Soon you will too!
Yep, Butch is the best! Every time I go fishing it seems like I learn a little more.

Hey Fire Ball your message box is full ..
I just made some more space. I get too many PM's. :LOL:

GeordyBass
02-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Translates into: when I get my tractor tube patched at the tire shop!

Way to go FB. Hometown is right. Your gonna be good.
lol Mikey you the hill billy....:Envious: