PDA

View Full Version : Backseated my first tournament 2/21/09 with a pic or two

Stormcrow
02-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Backseated my first tournament and had a great time learning and competing. Weather was chilly with rain threatening but the water temp was UP slightly. Fished shallow most of the day and my partner nailed the first 7 lbr on a Senko. Problem though...it was a Rainbow Trout! haha ooops! Hit like a freight train though. Beautiful DVL holdover. End of the day and I did not limit out. :Confused: I brought 3 fish to the scale for a total of 12.8lbs. Not too bad for a first time tournament at DVL. I learned alot from the guy I drew. I lost a 5lbr right at the boat that I had caught flipping a tube and I was LIVID.:Evil: But I got over it. Busted off another fish who wrapped me around a submerged shrub before my partner could get the boat turned around enough to get it so I just missed my limit. Fished 6lb test and I think it cost me. Finished 13th. Oh well, lots to learn.

Had a great time, learned alot and cant wait till the next event!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/prewittmd/May2009GR021.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/prewittmd/May2009GR020.jpg

HuskerRod
02-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Great job out there, Stormcrow. Hey Crow, I always wandered about your avatar. What the heck is going on there? Looks like that guy should abandon ship.

Huskerrod

TopwaterTony
02-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Way to go Stormcrow, I'd say 13th on your first tourney is not too shabby. Out of curiosity, would it have been okay by tournament rules to keep the trout?? And if so, did he?

WARRIORMIKE
02-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Was this a Won Event??? Or FLW ?? Just curious too, if this is your first "official" tourny how did you come up on all those sponsors?? One more thing that's a little puzzling looks like you were fishing on a Ranger Boat. If you have a Skeeter jersey, why didn't you fish your own boat?? If you have your own boat that would have prevented the frustration of getting backseated. One more thing which kind of irritates me is that why would you say your Pro "back seated" you? If he had truly "back seated" you, you probably wouldnt have those fish in your hands??? Im sure your Pro appreciates your post!

Stormcrow
02-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Was this a Won Event??? Or FLW ?? Just curious too, if this is your first "official" tourny how did you come up on all those sponsors?? One more thing that's a little puzzling looks like you were fishing on a Ranger Boat. If you have a Skeeter jersey, why didn't you fish your own boat?? If you have your own boat that would have prevented the frustration of getting backseated. One more thing which kind of irritates me is that why would you say your Pro "back seated" you? If he had truly "back seated" you, you probably wouldnt have those fish in your hands??? Im sure your Pro appreciates your post!

I think you misunderstand. The guy I fished with was awesome! I didnt mean "back seated" in the bad way like your thinking. I meant I back-seated in the tourny in other words, I fished as a co-angler. The jersey is just a cool fishing shirt given to me from someone who fishes on the Skeeter national team. Although I did get my first two sponsors as Rockstar energy drink and Performance Tackle so I am happy about that. Little steps to be sure! I actually did fish from a Skeeter though, a nice 20i. But the pic was taken next to a Ranger. My partner taught me ton and I already had two fish in the well before he even caught any! I have other pics from the dock and weigh-in.

I had an awesome time. Next time out I plan to apply everything I learned and then learn some more. Its just a matter of time now. :-)

But dont worry Mike, you will have a chance to spank me at the Ghetto Challenge. Just let me check ur backpack for live crawdads before we start.:Cool:

TopWaterTony: Yes he did keep the trout! LOL freakin thing was a beast.

WARRIORMIKE
02-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Who promoted this event??

Stormcrow
02-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Great job out there, Stormcrow. Hey Crow, I always wandered about your avatar. What the heck is going on there? Looks like that guy should abandon ship.

Huskerrod

There used to be a website called: Thehulltruth.com I dont think it exists anymore. I got it from a gallery of pics of boating mishaps. The caption on the photo said "Beleagured captain struggles to save boat" I guess his boat was taking on a ton of water in the Florida Keys and he was bieng rescued. Boat went down. Nice rig too. Anyway, the big pic is way better than the avatar sized one.

Rod Wynn
02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
What tourney was this?
I thought the tourney out there today was a NBW TEAM tourney and not a Pro/Am draw...

hook1fred
02-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Again what tourney was it? you look like a sponsored pro with your skeeter jersey on :)

carpanglerdude
02-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Whoa, nice nice finish for your first tourny, very jealous!

Danny300
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Nice job Crow!!! and don't worry about Mike @ the ghetto tourney. It's all about me & my bag of goldfish LOL j/k

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
02-21-2010, 11:26 PM
flawless jase, you giving up teaching for the bass pro circut now? nice size fish bro...

fishntime
02-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Yeah Buddy! Great job from the back of the boat. Hope to be able to enter a tourney or 2 in the near future.

Stormcrow
02-22-2010, 06:53 AM
What tourney was this?
I thought the tourney out there today was a NBW TEAM tourney and not a Pro/Am draw...

Rod and Hook1Fred: I posted the wrong date. the NBW Team was on Sunday our tourney was on Saturday. This was NOT a big stud event like you guys fish. This was just a huge club tournament from Arizona. Lots of very good sticks. Close to 30 boats in it. But I was very happy to be in it too.

Like I said before. The shirt was given to me from a buddy who fishes for the Skeeter National team. Its a nice dry fit XXL! LOL

Nessie Hunter
02-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Dang Fine job Jayson.. Placing in a first tourny is outstanding!!!

Rob D
02-22-2010, 08:13 AM

Dang relax dude, are you all uptight from not fishing?

Rod Wynn
02-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Rod and Hook1Fred: I posted the wrong date. the NBW Team was on Sunday our tourney was on Saturday. This was NOT a big stud event like you guys fish. This was just a huge club tournament from Arizona. Lots of very good sticks. Close to 30 boats in it. But I was very happy to be in it too.

Like I said before. The shirt was given to me from a buddy who fishes for the Skeeter National team. Its a nice dry fit XXL! LOL

Oh,ok...Sounds good..
Sounds like you had fun and got some fish..Congrats!
Good Job out there..

BTW... I don't know if you live in Arizona but if you do I am sure you know about:

http://www.thehookuptackle.com/

I love this place.. I actually buy from them just as much as I buy from TW

Stormcrow
02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks guys. Ive been on Western Bass and am hooking up to fish WON and Top Stick as a co-angler till I can get my new Stratos. Im still worried about bieng laid off so I havent pulled the trigger yet. Its a bad time in education right now.

Hog Caller
02-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Great job out there. Saw you guys weighing in. What was the 1st place bag weight?
Sounds like some guys did well and some struggled. Typical for DVL.

Thanks to the tourney guys that gave my old broken down butt a ride up the ramp!

Great job on your first tourny Stormcrow.

Brent

Stormcrow
02-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Great job out there. Saw you guys weighing in. What was the 1st place bag weight?
Sounds like some guys did well and some struggled. Typical for DVL.

Thanks to the tourney guys that gave my old broken down butt a ride up the ramp!

Great job on your first tourny Stormcrow.

Brent

Brent- Winner was 5 fish for 19lbs. many guys blanked. The fish I lost at the boat would have bumped me to 5th or so UGH..... All three of my fish were chunky so I had a good pace going.

I hitched a ride up the ramp myself too! haha. Its a long walk especially at the end of the day.

CL SmooV
02-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Congrats Bro

Nice Fish

Thanks for the post....

Smoov

bassgrabber1
02-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Very cool pics Storm!!!! Awesome that you placed and to bad about the ones that got away but that's what 6 lbs test does when bass fishing. GREAT JOB!!

AmBASSador
02-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Good Job Man! Those are some fatties! Glad you learned alot.

one time
02-22-2010, 07:40 PM
they should give you teachers/role models a raise, hang in there Crow. What was the water temps?

Matt_Magnone
02-22-2010, 09:15 PM

damn dude. was that really necessary?

great job dude for catching fish in your first tournament!!! the biggest thing i learned from my first was to focus on the mishaps and try and build upon them. find out what went wrong and focus on making your adjustments. break everything down in detail and analyze EVERY possible thing. i can almost guarantee the next time you fish you'll be flawless in your approach!!!

great job dude!

Stormcrow
02-22-2010, 09:26 PM
they should give you teachers/role models a raise, hang in there Crow. What was the water temps?

About 61 degrees where we were fishing. Thats much warmer than a month ago. The pattern is changing. I wonder if it will last.

And thanks to all you guys for your cool replies. Tired of fishing golf courses. This is a totally different and fun atmosphere. It actually MAKES you want to do better.

BIGBASSDAN
02-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Lasdfjsdlfjsaldj

MAVERICK27
02-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Great post! Congrats. Why is it that bass posts get scrutinized so hard? If you read Trout tourney posts, nobody cares as much? (other than the fact that us trout guys arent real fishermen haha). If I lived as close to DVL as I do to Irvine, I wouldnt be as much a trout guy :)

Keep it up man and keep the posts coming!!!