PDA

View Full Version : Duct Revenge Of The Turds

yolo
02-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Hit up the duct yesterday afternoon since I heard the water was moving. Spot one nothing. Spot two get hit on 2nd cast and miss it. Get hit and hook up a few casts later but I dump it as it spit the lure a few seconds later. Keep working the spot but anyone that knows the duct knows that once you dump one, the bite usually dies off for a while. I walk down flow about a 1/4 mile to see if anything there and let the spot come back from my dump. About 1/2 an hour later I make it back and work it again and 2nd cast, I get a soft hit and drive the hook hard and it is on. I am amazed at the lack of fight and it comes in easy. It's a smaller variety but it beats the skunk.

Off to the next spot and I get bit fairly quickly and hook up but I dump this one too after only a few seconds. I go walking to let the bite recover and make it back but nothing. Off to the next spot. Nothing. Off to the next spot and hook up and dump another one. That makes three and it just was not happening for me that night. Call it quits early and go home. I guess three strikes and I'm out for the fish dumps. Maybe all of them were these smaller turds and were not eating the lure like they normally do?

Gates were open about 3/8. I heard they were open during the day too so it might have been flowing all day on Saturday?

I was not even going to post a pic but what the heck here it is.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%202-20-10/Duct2-20-10.jpg

tpfishnfool
02-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Nice going Yo.. Very Consistant results ..

INDOANGLER2.1
02-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Your amazingly consistant, I'd say you're the new king of the duct. Where's Gary these days, maybe he found a girlfriend that won't let him out at night?

M@M
02-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the report. At least you were getting some action and a fish for a little excitement.The only excitement I've had was hooking up a stick the other day. it actually felt like it was pulling back for a second. Wasn't even a big stick but I caught it! ha ha . Then I fish a spot for awhile with a Rat l trap no snags, thought it would be safe to use the KPN lure I just got. Did'nt even get 10 cast out of it. Snagged hard, tried for a few minutes, couldn't save it. Line snapped rod hit my glasses, knocks one lens into the water.Luckily It was right at the waters edge along the cement so I was able to grab it before it slid too deep. I would rather lose a lure than my glasses. I'm glad the water wasn't flowing.....It must be flowing at some time if Silverwood is supposed to be filled back up??? WHY is that better for catching fish?.................sorry about my mini report:Smile:

cutbait
02-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Your amazingly consistant, I'd say you're the new king of the duct. Where's Gary these days, maybe he found a girlfriend that won't let him out at night?

Close!

I just wouldn't really call it a girlfriend. The surgery hasn't been completed yet.

RamboBoy
02-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Brother Zoli, keep coming up your reports and you had been caught striper lately. Ya Da man, man!

Bassnman Mike
02-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Way to go Yolo, you really have the duct dialed in.

Close!

I just wouldn't really call it a girlfriend. The surgery hasn't been completed yet.

HA! Thats to funny!

Fishbones
02-21-2010, 11:46 AM
always better than the skunk.....

kpn
02-21-2010, 03:12 PM
There are no fish in the Duct.....:Wink:. Nice job Yolo.

KPN.

Newfishsmell
02-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Good going Yolo...
I was up there yesterday(sat)from 3 to 6 for the skunk.
Tried 3 different spots but that place is hard to adjust to...

kpn
02-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Good going Yolo...
I was up there yesterday(sat)from 3 to 6 for the skunk.
Tried 3 different spots but that place is hard to adjust to...

Sorry for the skunk....Is there any water movement when you were there 3-6pm?

KPN.

Newfishsmell
02-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Sorry for the skunk....Is there any water movement when you were there 3-6pm?

KPN.

Hi KPN
I'am a duct rookie , but it looked like the first spot I tried did have some water movement...

exfactor
02-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Are you getting a vasectomy, or is it something serious

Newfishsmell
02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Are you getting a vasectomy, or is it something serious

LOL...im gonna change that right now :LOL:

GeordyBass
02-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Close!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's just funny brutal Mikey!:Twisted::Envious: