PDA

View Full Version : Lake Caliraya, Laguna Province Philippines

FishEye
02-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this man made lake in the Philippines. It was made by Americans in the 1930's for hydroelectric energy. It has a striking resemblance to the reservoirs we have here in Southern California with the pumphouse and dam. The lake was meant to be a vacation destination for wealthy Americans but WW2 happened and the U.S. abandoned the idea. It was stocked in the 30's with Florida strain Large Mouth Bass and from what I've read and heard from people is that the bass are thriving due to no pressure and abundance of native bait fish. I was planning a trip to visit family down there and came across Lake Caliraya due to it being the only place in the Philippines that has LMB. Hopefully I can get into some double digit fish when I go this May.

sansou
02-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Sounds like a sweet trip in the making! Please post up a report with tons of pics!!

Fishbones
02-20-2010, 04:44 PM
i would never come back.....hahahaha goodluck and dont forget....lots of pics.....

hakaveli
03-27-2010, 09:00 PM
I fished the lake when i was about 12 years old when i when over there. Fished for bass on my uncles boat. They got some big bass there.