PDA

View Full Version : Corona 2-19 pretty much WFO

JAG107
02-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Got to the lake around 10:45, sailed about 100' and parked in line with the rest of the navy near the stock tube. The bite was almost nonstop until noon, then picked up again after 1. Some guys were C&Ring all the dinker bows, keeping only the lightnings, which kinda sucks because when someone else hooks up to that poor tired little bow, it's not much of a fight. Lots of guys who couldn't keep a second line in the water. I gotta say, these trout were loving the orange worms today, as I caught 3 of my limit on them, just sitting on the bottom on a 8" leader. For the sat/sun crowd, hope there's some lightnings left for ya, cuz I saw a whole lot of em loaded up on stringers today!
Not a lot of action on the east side from what I could tell, I went over there for an hour and didn't see anyone catch a thing.
I guess I'll see tonight how these lightnings taste compared to the sierra bows, I only caught one 1 lber, pretty excited to throw the fillets on the grill!

troutdog
02-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a great day out there, how is the water clarity looking these days?

TD

jiggaman
02-19-2010, 06:11 PM
how many did u end up with

JAG107
02-19-2010, 06:30 PM
I got my limit, farmed one dink. My buddy busted off a real nice lightning after 5 mins out, then got a 1 lber and went home early.
Water clarity looks a whole lot better, almost 2 feet from what I could tell. Way better than when the lake first started spilling, I couldn't see my white anchor rope past an inch!

Spark626
02-19-2010, 10:35 PM
loads of fun on those trout worms...arggg i fooocked up today and went to sarl due to time, they didnt dump all the fish into the lake unlike corona. good to hear its still wfo. navy fleet lol, i gotta get one of those float tubes and be able to move in between all those boats.

Spark626
02-19-2010, 10:36 PM
loads of fun on those trout worms huh...arggg i fooocked up today and went to sarl due to time, they didnt dump all the fish into the lake unlike corona. good to hear its still wfo. navy fleet lol, i gotta get one of those float tubes and be able to move in between all those boats.

jiggaman
02-22-2010, 02:09 AM
so u only caught lightnings and u were in a boat

JAG107
02-22-2010, 03:31 PM
No my buddy caught the only lightning, my limit was all 1lb bows, but yes I caught them all from a boat near the launch ramp

gavin310
02-22-2010, 04:11 PM
you were fishing a powerworm just sitting on the bottom? powerworms are supposed to float, so you sure it was on the bottom? :)