PDA

View Full Version : 02/19/10 redondo beach king harbor

E.A.R.G.
02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
don't know how to edit the title... but it was 02/18 night- 02/19 early morning

fished after work. got there at 11 30pm and fished til about 3 AM

I'm really kind of new to this harbor thing, so I went over to sav on tackle and loaded up on some gulp

Got to the harbor and started throwing out a 5 inch jerk shad camo on a 1/4oz jig head and couldnt keep the mackerel off. Didn't want to keep wasting expensive gulp on mackerel so I switched to a LC 110 minnow for nothing

Proceeded to make my way through the harbor, now tossing a dropshotted gulp ghostshrimp. got a few hits but nothing solid.

Tried the jerk shad once more but once again, couldnt keep the mackerel off of it. these mackerel are starting to get HUGE

Put the ghost shrimp on the jighead and bounced it off the bottom, the mackerel didn't seem to care too much for the gulp ghost shrimp. I thought they were all the same scent? Am I wrong here?
Anyways,
with the mackerel not hitting my gulp, i was able to get it to the bottom. Picked up a nice sandie about 14-15 inches, a baby calico about 7 inches and lost another good sandie.

all in all a good night sorry no pics, dont have a digi cam yet

all fish released except the 7 inch calico that went into the steamer

jk

anyone fish here on this board? any tips for a newbie fishing harbors at night? Really want to get into this
I'm tossing a luna203 on a kencor swimbait pole, and a abu garcia soron stx on a phenix 7foot pline 12 and 6. any tips and info would be greatly appreciated! thanks

BSalvati
02-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Calico's need to be at least 12 inches to be legal.

Fishbones
02-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Good job beating the skunk with the bass. i want to head down there in the next few weeks.
Theres a park on marina way that has good fishing, across from there at the yacht club off the rocks has a good spot. The crab shack point has some deep water and usually find good fishin there at sunrise or sunset. When the mack are gone and the bass dont want the plastics try a chunk of chovie or dine flyline or split shot. If you really want to get into the big fish you should walk the rocks to the end and fish outside the harbor has some good fishing, you just gotta dial it in.....good luck......fishbones

DEADROOTS
02-19-2010, 04:53 PM
sorry no pics, dont have a digi cam yet

Damn, you are real ghetto! :ROFL:

J/K, 1 luv :Beer Toast:

DEADROOTS-

shovelnose
02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
if you know where is the small pier is (redondo sport fishing) you can get some nice fish.http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/Picture296.jpgthe green area is where my friends n' i get good fish whit the same bait you r' using.the big pier is only for shovel-nose,macks,sting rays, bonito,leopards n' spider crabs.

E.A.R.G.
02-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Calico's need to be at least 12 inches to be legal.

haha i know man
it was a joke

E.A.R.G.
02-19-2010, 11:08 PM
if you know where is the small pier is (redondo sport fishing) you can get some nice fish.http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/Picture296.jpgthe green area is where my friends n' i get good fish whit the same bait you r' using.the big pier is only for shovel-nose,macks,sting rays, bonito,leopards n' spider crabs.

nice thats money
thanks for that
I fished the two green lines on the right of the pier, but never tried the third line on the left. Gotta try that.
Any luck night fishing there?

Jaysuuun
02-19-2010, 11:57 PM
WTG out there in king harbor. That's a place I have yet to fish. Swimmies work well for the bass too. Not sure if the macs would be all over it like the gulp.

DEADROOTS
02-20-2010, 08:28 AM
They love the GULP also.

fisherman from long beach
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
nice thats money
thanks for that
I fished the two green lines on the right of the pier, but never tried the third line on the left. Gotta try that.
Any luck night fishing there?
i was ther last night b4 the rain got a varitie of feeesh,2-3 bonita ,1barracuda,wfo macs,oh yeah 1pelican.lol

E.A.R.G.
02-20-2010, 11:57 AM
i was ther last night b4 the rain got a varitie of feeesh,2-3 bonita ,1barracuda,wfo macs,oh yeah 1pelican.lol

yeah read your report
thats awesome
I would love to get in on some pelagic fish

what time of the day was that?
Do you think they'd be in at night too?

DockRat
02-20-2010, 12:19 PM
haha i know man
it was a joke

I like your style. Ha Ha. I fished and posted reports at a place I called ' Punta de Brazil ' on another site a couple years ago. I liked making up names for spots and it would drive guys nuts as they Googled in a search.

Can anybody find Punta de Brazil in the pic ? :ROFL:
Pretty easy to figure out.
DR

fisherman from long beach
02-20-2010, 05:29 PM
yeah read your report
thats awesome
I would love to get in on some pelagic fish

what time of the day was that?
Do you think they'd be in at night too?

it was right b4 sunset.my first ever pelican

blackberg
02-20-2010, 10:55 PM
it was right b4 sunset.my first ever pelican
haha, I caught a goose the other day, actually i had to break my line since it zzzzzzzzzzzing my line away, took my panther martin....
-bb

shovelnose
02-21-2010, 08:43 AM
nice thats money
thanks for that
Any luck night fishing there? yes, it's good for Sandbass n' Cabezon;