PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Condition/report

noob@fishing
02-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Hello all. Been a while since I went fishing tough times :( Last Sat (2/13) I went to Silverwood to get some fishing done, but water level was wayyyyyyyyyyy too low. Bait shop lady told me that water level rose about 10ft, but still it was way too low. First Cove toward Cleghorn was bare ground... Fished off docks for 3 hours b/w 7:00AM - 10:00AM. Got skunked big time... No action what so ever... However, weather was nice... Just FYI.

Fishbones
02-18-2010, 11:53 PM
thanks for the report, what were you using?

seal
02-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Silverwood has been low for a couple months but is starting to come back up. Ranger told me that towards the end of this month level should come back, they are doing work somewhere down the line on the aquaduct supposedly. Fishing has been very slow for all species I would assume the water level could have something to do with it. Earlier this week they did some grading to knock down the channels that were created by the heavy rain runoff over by the swimbeach in Cleghorn. Kind of a bummer some of those channels would have been great fish holding areas. Maybe them knocking down the channels indicates it's time to fill er back up, I HOPE SO!!!

noob@fishing
02-19-2010, 10:42 PM
thanks for the report, what were you using?

I was using night crawler on one pole and using power nymph on the other. My neighbor fishermen was using enchovies w/ no action...

noob@fishing
02-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Silverwood has been low for a couple months but is starting to come back up. Ranger told me that towards the end of this month level should come back, they are doing work somewhere down the line on the aquaduct supposedly. Fishing has been very slow for all species I would assume the water level could have something to do with it. Earlier this week they did some grading to knock down the channels that were created by the heavy rain runoff over by the swimbeach in Cleghorn. Kind of a bummer some of those channels would have been great fish holding areas. Maybe them knocking down the channels indicates it's time to fill er back up, I HOPE SO!!!

Thanks for the update. Hope this change improves fishing condition...

steve092
02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
I was out there today and caught two trout. The water level was up about 8 feet since the last time I went, but it is still lower than normal. They've cleaned up a lot of the lake, as far as the terrain goes.

seal
02-21-2010, 07:43 PM
I was out there today and caught two trout. The water level was up about 8 feet since the last time I went, but it is still lower than normal. They've cleaned up a lot of the lake, as far as the terrain goes.

Yup water level is coming up again! Ranger said the fill up was behind schedule but it's starting now. Maybe by midweek it will be near normal again. Nice channels created though with the low water and then the runoff, should be good for the summer Steve!

Flying
02-22-2010, 01:31 AM
Hey send some of that down the hill my way to Perris. :Wink:

seal
02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
I heard the powerplant by Perris was the reason for the drawdown. Maybe the'll send some water now?????