PDA

View Full Version : Attn: ALL TUBERS AND YAKERS!!! Meet up Saturday March 20th 2010 Castaic Lagoon

Ray Lopez
02-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey guys and gals. A few years ago we did a awesome meet up here in Castaic Lagoon and on Perris with all tubers, tooner, and yakers.

Thinking it would be cool to do this again. So all you bass anglers that think this would be cool to do let me know.

This wont be a tournament, just a fun get together with a good group of people that fish from tubes, toons, and yaks. It's a good way to meet up with people from FNN and just have a good time trading info and fishing.

So first place will be Castaic Lagoon on Saturday March 20th 2010, for the 2nd spot or maybe even more we will decide that depending on where most of you are typically fishing. This is a cool way for some of us that get stuck fishing only one hole all the time to go out and explore different bodies of water.

Meet new people, fishing new waters, and have a great time!

So FFN TUBE, YAK, & TOON meet up at Castiac Lagoon. Meet up will be at paradise cove at 6:30am. Or we will meet on the water.

Remember folks this is a meet, greet, & fish with fellow personal watercrafters. Not a tournament.

Also for some of you that fish other bodies of water that are tuber friendly please throw out some suggestions as for where we should take this for the next outing. Maybe we can make this a monthly thing or a few times a year where we can hit different bodies of water around so cal. Also for those of you coming from far away there is camping on the lagoon also. Just contact the lake for info. www.castaiclake.com

Vehicle Entry Fees:

Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays:
$11.00 Daily

SR CITIZEN/DISABLED on Weekdays Only-Normal Vehicle Entry Fees apply on Weekends/Holidays:
$5.00 Daily

RV PERMIT:
$14.00 Daily

Non-Motorized aka tubes, yaks, and toons
$7.00 Daily

Going from tube/toon/yak/boat:
Ray
Rez
Kurt
Richard
Warren
Fireball
Cappo
Socal bassman
Mojave River Angler
bassguy
fishntoss
FISHTIX
wander
Fishbones
keepemlo
JSAUCE818
Newfishsmell

Going from Shore:

Maybe

Not going because i hate catching fish and meeting new people:

Ray Lopez
02-22-2010, 11:30 PM
bump!!!

Post up if you wanna attend

PM me for any questions

Ray Lopez
02-26-2010, 01:30 PM
also open for shore anglers too.

keepemlo
03-01-2010, 06:08 AM
This sounds grate count mein

Fishbones
03-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Ray
Rez
Kurt
Richard
Warren
Fireball
Cappo
Socal bassman
Mojave River Angler
bassguy
fishntoss
FISHTIX
wander
Fishbones

JSAUCE818
03-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Ray
Rez
Kurt
Richard
Warren
Fireball
Cappo
Socal bassman
Mojave River Angler
bassguy
fishntoss
FISHTIX
wander
Fishbones
JSAUCE818 (if i flake, you guys can jump me)

Newfishsmell
03-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Ray
Rez
Kurt
Richard
Warren
Fireball
Cappo
Socal bassman
Mojave River Angler
bassguy
fishntoss
FISHTIX
wander
Fishbones
keepemlo
JSAUCE818
Newfishsmell

Ray Lopez
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
JSAUCE818 (if i flake, you guys can jump me)

no way awesome hope to see ya out there. It's been a minute since we last fish you skinny bastard!

oscarbassman
03-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I'l do shore fishing with a couple of my buddies who i still need to introduce to FN!

cappo
03-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm out. Going on a 2day trip instead.

fisherman from long beach
03-17-2010, 04:15 PM
if i go what time is the meet up?want to get there early and stretch out the legs ,intro myself ,and then start the fishing.

bassguy
03-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Here is the infomation Ray posted in the Tubers and Yakers section

I say the 20th of March seems like a good time for most of you guys.

So FFN TUBE, YAK, & TOON meet up at Castiac Lagoon. Meet up will be at paradise cove at 6:30am. Or we will meet on the water.

Remember folks this is a meet, greet, & fish with fellow personal watercrafters. Not a tournament.

Also for some of you that fish other bodies of water that are tuber friendly please throw out some suggestions as for where we should take this for the next outing. Maybe we can make this a monthly thing or a few times a year where we can hit different bodies of water around so cal. Also for those of you coming from far away there is camping on the lagoon also. Just contact the lake for info. www.castaiclake.com

Vehicle Entry Fees
Year Round Rates

Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays $11.00 Daily

SR CITIZEN/DISABLED on Weekdays Only-Normal Vehicle Entry Fees apply on Weekends/Holidays $5.00 Daily

RV PERMIT $14.00 Daily

Boat Launch Fees
Year Round Rates
Weekdays (Motorized) $13.00 Daily

Non-Motorized $7.00 Daily aka tubes, yaks, and toons

Fishbones
03-17-2010, 08:13 PM
just got a new job.....and guess what....it starts saturday......im bummed.......i quit....lol

blackberg
03-17-2010, 08:41 PM
just got a new job.....and guess what....it starts saturday......im bummed.......i quit....lol

what happend to mr hardcore?

call in sick

-bb

Fire Ball
03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I am probably get there a little bit before they open and launch over at the ramp once they open. Make sure to meet me if you are going to launch over there, lol.

Newfishsmell
03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey whats this 6:30am I'll still be sleeping lol .
I'll bring doughnuts ...

03-18-2010, 08:34 AM

wtf.what silly job works on saturday,oops i forgot i have to work also..maybe.

Fishbones
03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
what happend to mr hardcore?

call in sick

-bb

thanks for the slap blackberg....you inspired me..............i will see you guys there!!!!!!!!

wtf.what silly job works on saturday,oops i forgot i have to work also..maybe.

what time you work at johnny???....i gotta plan...

03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
thanks for the b*tch slap blackberg....you inspired me..............i will see you guys there!!!!!!!!

what time you work at johnny???....i gotta plan...

talk to me ,what kinda plan?

Ray Lopez
03-19-2010, 08:04 AM
looks like we will have great weather. The last few days have been awesome tubing weather. Not too much wind and even when it does blow it's only for a few minutes.

Im gonna stick to the shoreline from my tube if the wind blows. Like i said before i'm gonna start this thing off in paradise cove.

here is the address to get close to the entrance on the west side of the lagoon. (follow my directions below to get to the parking lot. Goolge maps wont show since it is a unknown road.)
32132 Ridge Route Road
Castaic, CA 91384

exit paker rd
make a right off the freeway onto ridge route road
make a right on castaic lake dr.

then pull into the pay gate.
Pay your entry and also let them know you are taking a tube out ($7 to lanch a tube)
then make a right onto the road and make your way to the big white csun building and park in that parking lot that is right on paradise cove. Hours are from 7am to 7pm.

Rez and I should be there by 6:45ish waiting in line to get in. I drive a Blue Scion xB with a lmb sticker on the left hand side of my rear window. FYI i'm not gonna wait for everyone to get there i'm launching right away hahaha. But i will spend the first hour or so in paradise cove to say hi to all you fellow tubers.

Hope you all can make it out.

03-19-2010, 08:10 AM
maybe i can get off work early enough to make it ,want to meet new people and put faces to their name,hope to see you guys there.

Mojave River Angler
03-19-2010, 01:00 PM
I ain't gonna make it. Scratch me this time. I really wanted to make this one, but I have too much other stuff going on at the moment. Ya, I know, I need to get my priorities straight.

Pop some big ones in the mouth for me too.

Mojave River Angler

CALFISHER4EVR
03-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I seen this thread late. Hope to catch the next one at Perris if you have one. I will break out the floating easy chair for a event like this one and meet some people who like to tube.

SuperDank
03-19-2010, 07:45 PM
im thinking on heading out to sports authority tonight to buy me one, summer us around the corner and i think they are fun.. just never been in one... so If I get one tonight , will some one give me some tips or is it easy, like riding a bike?

if not, I will be by the shore to the right of the peer with my two rods and camera.

Fire Ball
03-19-2010, 08:24 PM
im thinking on heading out to sports authority tonight to buy me one, summer us around the corner and i think they are fun.. just never been in one... so If I get one tonight , will some one give me some tips or is it easy, like riding a bike?

if not, I will be by the shore to the right of the peer with my two rods and camera.

It is pretty easy to tube, just make sure to pick up fins and waders too!

fishntoss
03-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Will be there for sure. First time for me. Look forward to meeting fellow FNNr's. Red and black Dodge is mine. I'll be lookin like I have no idea what to do.. here fishy fishy fishy.....

Fishbones
03-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I'll be lookin like I have no idea what to do.. here fishy fishy fishy.....

LoL....funny stuff....good luck bro....talk to ray....he will get you hooked up for sure...