PDA

View Full Version : Peck Road Lake 2/16

ScottyP
02-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm new on this board; and getting back into fishing.
I'm posting a report just in case someone finds the information useful. Knowledge is power they always say.
I had a few hours to fish this hidden lake yesterday morning. Got there around 9. There were only two other fishermen on the very other side of the lake. I threw out my bait and wait pole into the channel between the two lake halves. Baited with corn, hoping for a monster carp or possible trout. I then fished small yellow and white poppers slowly around a lot of the submerged trees along a good section of shoreline. I could imagine a bass or crappie crashing up on it at any moment.
It was not meant to be today. I didn't see any fish and I got zero bites. Packed it up around 11:30 when it started to get hot, and I forgot my hat.
My 2010 :Skunk: continues..
Maybe the water is too cold yet? Too early in the year for warm water fish? Maybe I need to go to a pay lake?

BrandonFish
02-17-2010, 05:47 PM
there stocking some of the local LA county city parks this week with trout If your using bait use (garlic or salmon egg Power Bait) For jigging use a BB split shot with a Size 10 owner hook with a green, yellow, pink, or orange power worm or use a 1/16oz Round lead head and throw a Power worm onto it with 2LB test. Easiest way for the local city parks (my opinion)
Ive fished PRL once b4 and also got the skunk =P

Stormcrow
02-18-2010, 08:37 AM
I think you might have gotten there a bit late. I would guess any topwater bite would have been between 5:30-7 A.M. Even with that said, it might be a little early for topwater baits yet. Think mid-March when Frog spawn is wide open. At 9 am, I would work the structure as close to the bottom as I could. Maybe letting a Tube flutter down or even flipping a sweet beaver. If that failed I would bust out the shakey head or a texas rig the good ole standby: a 4" purple power worm.

I hope that helps. Nice report and welcome to the board!

Fishbones
02-18-2010, 10:01 AM
yup ...to early in the year for top water...and too late in the day....try a fluke texas rigged.
Did you fish the stream that flows into the lake...theres always bait fish and bass & catfish there....
also fish the golf coarse side...had alot of luck over there.....when the topwater bite opens up get your rocket launcher ready cuz alot of time its in the center of the lake and requires a real far cast to reach them....goodluck....fishbones

smokinflies
02-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Some lucky homeless guy came up with a new hat at "The Pit".