PDA

View Full Version : My Chinese New Years TOAD Bass

ToadsToadsOnly
02-17-2010, 12:29 AM
A new year and time to put in work at a new lake. I started fishing a new local lake recently and mostly been goofing off fishing for carp. Today is a the first day I decided to put in a little time after dark and slay some toads. Tried the swimbait thing no love. Then went on using my go to bait the IKA shortly after HOOKUP! First bass was in the 2lb rang, then hookup! and HOOKUP!!!!

Here is the pic of the two larger one's.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/img1266393763719-1-1.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/img1266392814202-1-1.jpg

Great way to star a new year.

Toadstoadsonly

"Go big or Go home!"

With pre spawn right around the corner the bass are starting to go into spring mode and Chew go get em guys.

Anglerboi
02-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Good fish dude..... the weekend heat definitely woke up the bass and their ready to chew, was wondering what color and size ika's do you like to use at sun down and dark. ??

Fishbones
02-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Nice bass TTO...wtg

ToadsToadsOnly
02-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Good fish dude..... the weekend heat definitely woke up the bass and their ready to chew, was wondering what color and size ika's do you like to use at sun down and dark. ??

I always use the larger ones the colors I use is the green and the black with purple flake is my favorite. They work during the day but I catch more fish on them during the low light conditions (sun up, evening) and night time. When I work the bait I think the ika as a crawdad trying to escape a bass, the ika swims backwards when dropped so does a crawdad. I try to fish the IKA around structure; trees, rockpiles, and underwater trash cans.

Nice bass TTO...wtg

Thanks fish bones

Fire Ball
02-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Very nice! Definitely toads!

fisherman from long beach
02-17-2010, 07:17 PM
those are some nice lookin bass.

Vman
02-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Oh oh, time to go fishing again. Right now !!! I 've been catching a bunch of 1-3 pounders recently, but nothing like those 2 hoggs. You 're the man.

BTW, Did you get any "lucky money" for the Chinese new year ?

Wingnut
02-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Nice fish Jonathan... Happy New Year!

jbassc
02-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Hey daug nice bass! Hit me up bro!

Anglerboi
02-18-2010, 12:46 AM
[QUOTE=ToadsToadsOnly;432138]I always use the larger ones the colors I use is the green and the black with purple flake is my favorite. They work during the day but I catch more fish on them during the low light conditions (sun up, evening) and night time. When I work the bait I think the ika as a crawdad trying to escape a bass, the ika swims backwards when dropped so does a crawdad. I try to fish the IKA around structure; trees, rockpiles, and underwater trash cans.

Sweet thanks for the honest info!

Newfishsmell
02-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Very Nice Bass TTO...

smokinflies
02-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Awesome catching at the new local lake. :Envious:

ToadsToadsOnly
02-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh oh, time to go fishing again. Right now !!! I 've been catching a bunch of 1-3 pounders recently, but nothing like those 2 hoggs. You 're the man.

BTW, Did you get any "lucky money" for the Chinese new year ?

Throw the Ika's and swimbaits you'll get the big boys. No chinese new years money for me im too old "darn". Good luck out there.

Nice fish Jonathan... Happy New Year!Thanks you have a Happy New Years also.

[QUOTE=ToadsToadsOnly;432138]I always use the larger ones the colors I use is the green and the black with purple flake is my favorite. They work during the day but I catch more fish on them during the low light conditions (sun up, evening) and night time. When I work the bait I think the ika as a crawdad trying to escape a bass, the ika swims backwards when dropped so does a crawdad. I try to fish the IKA around structure; trees, rockpiles, and underwater trash cans.

Sweet thanks for the honest info!

Im glad to help hope you get um keep me posted.