PDA

View Full Version : Irvine lake with a smile

Fishbones
02-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Headed to irvine lake on 2/15 for some fun in the sun with my good buddy richy,
who has not been to irvine lake before nore has he caught a trout in his life.
So i had the honor of hooking him up with a trout for his first time.
We arrived at the lake at 6:00am and were line No.6 chowing down
with the normal burgers and beverages to feed our needy muscles and prepair for a great day at the lake
.My mission was to hook richy up with his first trout, show him a good time and to catch my PB trout
which is only 2lbs because i never have caught one bigger than that:Sad:
and i have put the time in so i was hoping it was my time with all my experience and time put in.
We started off on woodys point for most of the day.
We first set up and casted out the basic combos crawlers,eggs,bite on dip, and had no luck,
there was a boat just 20' off the point and he landed the first i seen of the day which was a nice fat trout.
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0102.jpg
we continued to fish and change the menu still with no results
over to my right there was a family fishing the shoreline where the grass came just off the shoreline
they were killing them with 3-5lbers one after another.
Everytime he landed his fish he had to walk out in the water to net his fish,
between each fish he would walked out and removed some of the sticks and brush.
We tried and tried with no luck, after a few hours two guys walk up and post up on the points cliffs to give it a try.
They had just come from the flats with no luck,
we talked a bit and he told me a story where a guy next to him was killing the trout using powerbait and tapatio??
I wondered and questioned it as we talked and he assured me it works.
With still no luck we moved to the flats for a while but i didnt like the conditions
so i oppted we cruise back by the boat launch and as we crossed the kiddie pond
i noticed the family by the grass was gone and told richy lets go back there cuz it was puttin out
he said ok and giggled and said that i would have to walk out in the water to net the fish,
by that time it was 2:00pm so i didnt care cuz i woulda done whatever i had to....
so we set up in the exact location and within 20mins richys bobber lifted and fish on..
after a minute fight i jump out in the grass and net his fish
,he was happy and so was i cuz that was his first trout and first time at irvine.
It was a beautiful 3+lb trout. The smile on his face was priceless...
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0103.jpg
Next was my turn...i was kinda scared cuz it was 3:00pm and still no fish..
untill i notice in the corner of my eye my bobber slowly lifts.
.i run to my rod with excitement set the hook and practially water ski the trout in cuz i was so excited.
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0105.jpg
We waited out the day till patrol scooted everyone off the lake and headed home with no skunk..thank you fish god..LOL
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0106.jpg
Over all i enjoyed myself and company and cant wait to go back again.....fishbones

Mondo21
02-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Love the pics. The smile your Friend's face is so cool. Glad you got him on a Trout. I know he will want to go back. He's hooked!!! Thanks for a nice report. Cindy:Big Grin:

fish ful
02-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the report. I have been 3 times this year and only caught a LMB. Good to see you adjusted to the situation and got the skunk off.

good luck everyone.....rip some lips off

troutdog
02-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Excellent report fishbones, congrats on punkin the skunk!

TD

TroutOnly
02-17-2010, 09:44 AM
YOU GOT SOME CATCHIN DONE SO ITS ALL GOOD ,RIDIN THE SKUNK STRIPE SUCKS,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE,,,,,,,,,,t/o

fisherman from long beach
02-17-2010, 09:59 AM
good report,i see your buddy had a nice smile on his face..nice way to beat the stinker.you are fishing addict bones for sure.fisherman from long beach

primo55
02-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Cool pics, thanks for the report!

Fishbones
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks everyone..it was great to bring a newbie and hook him up.. i kinda got scared cuz the clock was ticking an getting late.
but it all worked out....hes hooked and will be back for sure...

kpn
02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Alex,
Good job to put your buddy on his first trout. I bet he hooked forsure :Wink:.

KPN.

dgfishin
02-21-2010, 08:56 PM
hey FB, I see you smokin did that help your fishin? or were you using some sort of scent?because cig smoke always lands the 1st fish.

Fishbones
02-22-2010, 09:45 AM
dgfishin:....that was like my last cig...havnt had alot of luck when smoking cigs,,,,mabye its time to quit...

Hitts0n
02-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Great report and thanks for sharing !!!